• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fairy Fencer F 9/23 NA Release, $39.99 [Disgaea 4 Vita - 8/12 ; Danganronpa 2 - 9/2]

Never actually heard of Fairy Fencer. Saw the names Amano and Uematsu and immediately went to see what the game is.

Aaaaaaaaand Compile Heart and the Neptunia art style. I don't know what I was expecting, honestly...

Jeels

Vita getting all the good obscure Japanese stuff. It's really shocking that it's viable to localize some of these games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, so Danganronpa 2's date is confirmed. Can't wait to get the LE for that to go with the one for the first game.

esterk

Great news, my Vita has much to look forward to.

dLQEUOJ.gif

Ridley327

Could anyone explain the whole distribution thing to me? So is Atlus just pressing the physical copies for NISA? NISA can't do that on their own?

They've never been able to. They used to be so small that they had their offices in the building that Atlus occupies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Anyone who enjoyed the Neptunia series will enjoy Fairy Fencer as its pretty much almost the same thing just with a different setting / characters in design and general gameplay / flow.

While I have not cleared it I enjoy it quite a bit. Its just too bad there was no Vita version as would have given me the chance to play it a lot more.

Pipin best character in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKpr4jVzhXU

Awesome! Looking forward to these., though I've been seriously concerned about my backlog and wallet for far too long now. This certainly won't help my situation.

Parakeetman

Parakeetman

Yep, sorry about my confusing question. Is the game very silly, filled with jokes or is a bit more serious?

Its pretty silly, so its not like a more "serious" JRPG so to speak. The characters are pretty amusing though. So if you dont mind that its a decent jrpg. At least I enjoyed what Ive played so far anyways. These are usually referred to as "character games" which is what compile heart generally produces. Which means its got a larger emphasis on the story and characters.

Was going to direct you to the US HP but its pretty bare currently so didnt bother with a link. D:

Game flow is a lot of story bits, run through dungeon, story bits, dungeon. For the most simple explanation. But since its a character game there really is a heavy emphasis on the dialog between characters. Which if you dont mind seeing things from the game being play through in that video I linked you originally just watch it from the start to see an idea of how the game flow is.

The game also had a demo in the Japanese PSN not sure if its still there though have not looked.

Drago

So excited for Danganronpa 2. September 2 is a good day, too bad school starts up again right around then :p

They should have called it Neptunia Gaiden or something instead of trying to make people think it's related to Final Fantasy in some way

Labadal

Its pretty silly, so its not like a more "serious" JRPG so to speak. The characters are pretty amusing though. So if you dont mind that its a decent jrpg. At least I enjoyed what Ive played so far anyways. These are usually referred to as "character games" which is what compile heart generally produces. Which means its got a larger emphasis on the story and characters.

Was going to direct you to the US HP but its pretty bare currently so didnt bother with a link. D:

Game flow is a lot of story bits, run through dungeon, story bits, dungeon. For the most simple explanation. But since its a character game there really is a heavy emphasis on the dialog between characters. Which if you dont mind seeing things from the game being play through in that video I linked you originally just watch it from the start to see an idea of how the game flow is.

The game also had a demo in the Japanese PSN not sure if its still there though have not looked.

Cool. Will follow this game for now.

Anyone who enjoyed the Neptunia series will enjoy Fairy Fencer as its pretty much almost the same thing just with a different setting / characters in design and general gameplay / flow.

While I have not cleared it I enjoy it quite a bit. Its just too bad there was no Vita version as would have given me the chance to play it a lot more.

Pipin best character in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKpr4jVzhXU
I love the Neptunia games and I had already planned on getting this, so to hear they're kinda similar is the icing on the cake. Plus, your opinions and views are usually spot on with my tastes so to hear you like the game is another plus.

Day -googol for DanganRonpa 2. I'm currently building a time machine to warp to Sept. 2.

I'll most likely be getting the other two eventually as well. I am sooooooooooo glad that companies are finally seeing the potential for the Vita. It's not a portable PS3, it had it's own experiences, with tons of great niche and indie content, and I hope to see that for years to come. :)

Fairy Fencer F looks pretty good. I think I spotted a GaoGaiGar reference in one of the exhibition videos.

Definitely going to pre-order this. It looks like it has the same silly humour that Neptunia Victory had so I think I'll enjoy it just the same in addition to the refined combat.

Disgaea is best played on a handheld. Something about the game makes it that way.

Agree. I had a lot more fun with Disgaea 3 on Vita, then I did on PS3. I could play it anytime while I was out to level up a few characters, and explore the item world. Also Disgaea 4 Returns is going to include all the DLC just like Abscence of Detention did, which is worth around $40+. So it's like getting an $80, game for $40. A pretty good deal all around.

Agree. I had a lot more fun with Disgaea 3 on Vita, then I did on PS3. I could play it anytime while I was out to level up a few characters, and explore the item world. Also Disgaea 4 Returns is going to include all the DLC just like Abscence of Detention did, which is worth around $40+. So it's like getting an $80, game for $40. A pretty good deal all around.
I can't wait to see the visuals on the Vita with those reworked sprites.

Parakeetman

I love the Neptunia games and I had already planned on getting this, so to hear they're kinda similar is the icing on the cake. Plus, your opinions and views are usually spot on with my tastes so to hear you like the game is another plus.

If thats the case, then am sure you will enjoy the title. The characters are all insane anyways and the dialog should be pretty amusing.

Parakeetman

I don't even know if I should buy FFF or wait for the eventual Vita re-release. (half kidding)

I'm in for Dangaronpa 2, DAY 1!

I dont think we will get one considering that they would be working on the third neptunia vita game currently. as the 2nd one has come out.

after that no idea what they are doing, so would be a long ass wait and might as well get the PS3 one personally.

I dont think we will get one considering that they would be working on the third neptunia vita game currently. as the 2nd one has come out.

after that no idea what they are doing, so would be a long ass wait and might as well get the PS3 one personally.

Yeah as I said I was half kidding :p... but really all these damn Neptunia games(I know FFF isn't one but it will probably feel like one), I'm never going to finish them all.

The 39.99 price point does help.

Parakeetman

(
Yeah as I said I was half kidding :p... but really all these damn Neptunia games(I know FFF isn't one but it will probably feel like one), I'm never going to finish them all.

The 39.99 price point does help.

I wouldnt put it past them to re-release it though. So you never know. Though yeah long way out if so if anything.

You guys are getting the better deal no doubt. I think it was around 60-65 here at launch. dont remember exactly its been a while. considering how much VA work the game has and time to be spent in it, dont really mind that much.

Top Bottom