• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez (XBLA)|OT| If you have no interest in discussing the game, don't enter the thread

jtrov

I really can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. I always heard of Fez, but I never "knew" what it was exactly. I only knew it was a puzzle game, which automatically gauged my interest, which was reinforced based on the hype that was building.

Now after hearing some impressions and seeing more extended videos, I can safely that I am on full hype mode to play this game. The Giantbomb QL really helped me understand the concept and ideas of the game and it just seemed all to interesting. It also helps that graphically it's very appealing and the music from what I heard sounded excellent.

In a way I'm glad I didn't know much about Fez up until this week, because if I did it would have made the wait to play it much, much, worst lol.

Tomorrow morning needs to hurry on up!

Beaulieu

Wow. The guy doesn't mention that he had any technical difficulties at all. The 1UP review talked about how sometimes the world map would just disappear.

I'm not saying it cant happen, but this sure never happened to me, and i'm at
150%

SOME-MIST

looks a little bit too easy for a puzzler/platformer which I know will turn me off, but I'll probably keep fez in the back of my mind. Not sure if I'ma check out the demo or not.

Grisby

I'm not saying it cant happen, but this sure never happened to me, and I'm at
150%
That's cool. I'm just reading more reviews than I have for a game in a long time mostly trying to pick out technical details. I've been waiting for this, like most of gaf, for a while but wanted to see the problems other people were running into.

My games usually work pretty well for me, so knock on wood I won't have a ton of problems with Fez.

looks a little bit too easy for a puzzler/platformer which I know will turn me off, but I'll probably keep fez in the back of my mind. Not sure if I'ma check out the demo or not.
From some posters in this thread, the game is supposed to get pretty devilish with its puzzles.

DaBuddaDa

Limbo seems like it would match up well with whatever deal was possibly struck with Fez.

4 months to wait - if that same deal was struck (and if Phil has a PC version ready to go).

The @Polytron twitter account has been saying flat out "This game is XBLA only there is no PC version" the past few days, paraphrasing. Not "no comment" or "news on a PC version later" or anything like that, just flat out denial. If it ever does come out on PC, it will probably be a long while from now.

Odrion

Banned
I too shall recline in my goose-down chair, swirling a glass of pinot noir in one hand, my rhino-leather 360 controller in the other, as I study the careful pixel placement of this work of art that will be projected on the finest silken threads from South America.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
You may well enjoy it, but I wouldnt call Mario 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy a 'Metroidvania' in any respect. Its a complete misuse of the buzzword because people (rightfully) associate it with genius 2d level design that brings you back on yourself but to new areas keeping the game feeling like a journey of discovery.

Yknow, if little Gomez returns back to the first area of the game with a Hyper-Run ability smashing through previously indestructable walls, turns into a bat to gain access to higher levels and so forth, or equivalents of ability progression affecting world traversal: it can enjoy that descriptor. Until then it is an interconnected platformer with hubworld and collectables.
So are Metroid and Castlevania. The distinction is primarily used to separate that style of gameplay from level based, linear sidescrollers.

Actually, I think having a separate hubworld makes for a different type of experience. If everything flowed together then it would be similar to a Metroidvania.

casabolg

Banned
If you have no interest in discussing the game, don't enter the thread
images

Zeppelin

Just watched the GB Quicklook. Looks kinda messy from a technical point of view. And it looks like the novelty factor might wear off really quick and the puzzles not requiring much thought other than a couple of spins. Has this been addressed in any of the reviews? Anyway, it's only 800 MSP, right?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just watched the GB Quicklook. Looks kinda messy from a technical point of view. And it looks like the novelty factor might wear off really quick and the puzzles not requiring much thought other than a couple of spins. Has this been addressed in any of the reviews? Anyway, it's only 800 MSP, right?

Same here except that the quicklook took any small desire I had to play the game away. Honestly not sure why this is anymore special than any of random steam indie puzzle platformers that come out every week or so.

Same here except that the quicklook took any small desire I had to play the game away. Honestly not sure why this is anymore special than any of random steam indie puzzle platformers that come out every week or so.

That would be the overzealous hype train in full motion.

Or, SHOCK HORROR, it's a good game worth waiting for.

I never said it wasn't. I have not played the game, so I am passing no judgement on it. It is a day before the game releases, so the hype train is in full swing, hence the response to the comment that Lucha made.

I think the game looks nifty. There's no need to jump at me because I'm not throwing flowers at it's feet yet.

Of all threads to make people get a bit antsy, I did not expect it in this one. Looking at the last few pages this is hitting Epic Mickey levels, but just lacks the ultimate reckoning to top it off.

15 hours.

Guys im scared. im shaking. I am cold.

it hurts all over my body. the reason why I got a 360 has come to this day. the reason why I started playing the early platformars like pitfall and mario and sonic and bc and goldeneye... it was all because of this day. because of this game.

this game that will not only be the last significant game of all time. but also the game that will counter-attack and kill Trials and all the other "Omg digital download phenomenon". fez on white dude on this... its going to be... I cant write anymore. I cant. I have to hide under my desk.

I just cant. I just cant....

see5harp

Too bad about not appearing on the PC. I would have liked to at least demo the game.

The game looks cute enough though at it's heart a bland endeavor.

I'm not throwing flowers at it's feet, I'm just not writing it off because some people are excited about a game that has been years in the making for a platform I don't own.

Marco1

The Eurogamer and EDGE reviews mean this game won't even be played on the demo before it's purchased. Such high praise.

Majora

So much bitterness in this thread...Can't wait til the game is out and all the people who actually own a 360 can discuss the actual game.

I'm not throwing flowers at it's feet, I'm just not writing it off because some people are excited about a game that has been years in the making for a platform I don't own.

At no point did I write off the game. As stated in what you quoted, I think it looks cute (and in my previous comment) and nifty. In the same vein, from the screenshots, write ups and videos I've seen of the game, it looks somewhat bland at heart. No where did I say that the game is going to be bad.

The topic says not to enter if you have no intention to discuss the game. I'm giving my opinion, just the same as anyone else here saying it doesn't look like the game is for them or saying they are excited for it.

Are you that concerned that I mentioned that people are hyped for this game? That happens on almost every game on these forums when we get close to launch. It's not new.

15 hours.

Guys im scared. im shaking. I am cold.

it hurts all over my body. the reason why I got a 360 has come to this day. the reason why I started playing the early platformars like pitfall and mario and sonic and bc and goldeneye... it was all because of this day. because of this game.

this game that will not only be the last significant game of all time. but also the game that will counter-attack and kill Trials and all the other "Omg digital download phenomenon". fez on white dude on this... its going to be... I cant write anymore. I cant. I have to hide under my desk.

I just cant. I just cant....
9/10, but Goldeneye isn't a platformer.

see5harp

At no point did I write off the game. As stated in what you quoted, I think it looks cute (and in my previous comment) and nifty. In the same vein, from the screenshots, write ups and videos I've seen of the game, it looks somewhat bland at heart. No where did I say that the game is going to be bad.

Okay maybe you did not completely write off the game and say it sucked, but you did state that is was a "bland endeavor." That's a somewhat damning statement for a game that hasn't even come out yet. Even still, I'm not saying you are not entitled to speak your mind but don't get salty when people who have been waiting for years are finally getting to play it. The same thing will happen for Dust, Trials Evolution, and plenty of other *gasp" XBLA games.

Top Bottom