• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Whilst Silva has had a dip in form in recent times he is a class above Nasri.

In terms of footballing pedigree, yes, but if we're going off recent form you'd take Nasri over Silva, currently. Nasri really was fantastic against Southampton, whereas Silva's been off the boil since the end of last season.

What a goal by Torres.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
great goal

Why can't he do more of that instead of getting stroppy and flopping around.

Whilst Silva has had a dip in form in relative times he is a class above Nasri.

So? You're seemingly judging them when at their best? At his best Nasri is one of the best in the league. His last August - January at Arsenal had him tracking as player of the season.

As much as Arsenal fans want to believe he's rubbish and they don't miss him, no-one's buying it.

Torres is back!!!!!!!!!! Great goal, thought he would get sent off earlier, he was boiling seconds ago. Like someone said, Torres is usually good at channeling his frustration into something positive.

qindarka

Banned
Not game over yet. Remember the 3-3 draw with United at Stamford Bridge earlier this year. Chelsea are chokers and incapable of holding leads.

Salvadora

In terms of footballing pedigree, yes, but if we're going off recent form you'd take Nasri over Silva, currently. Nasri really was fantastic against Southampton, whereas Silva's been off the boil since the end of last season.

What a goal by Torres.
I think many people are forgetting how anonymous Nasri was a lot of last season. He was great against Southampton but I'm still to be convinced he will keep it up.

So? You're seemingly judging them when at their best? At his best Nasri is one of the best in the league. His last August - January at Arsenal had him tracking as player of the season.

As much as Arsenal fans want to believe he's rubbish and they don't miss him, no-one's buying it.
How was he at City for pretty much all of last season?

dc89

I have Torres as captain! I need to get Mata out for Hazard next week.

Also I am freaking gutted we didn't get Hazard. :(:(

Arnie

Being completely serious, and I've just said it to my mates now, I don't get bothered in the slightest when Torres scores for Chelsea. Genuinely no bad feelings towards him whatsoever, I'm fairly ambivalent. When Chelsea fans start singing our song for him though, my blood begins to boil. It's classless.

I think many people are forgetting how anonymous Nasri was a lot of last season. He was great against Southampton but I'm still to be convinced he will keep it up.

Oh, for sure. But on recent form that assessment couldn't be further from the truth. I was quick to criticise Nasri last season, who was largely anonymous and had been for a portion of the season prior when he was still an Arsenal player.

Fady K

HAZARD OVERRATED? YEAH RIGHT.

Hazard PENALTY. Hazard ASSIST.

Can't believe the people here who said he's overrated.

FOOTYGAF. I AM DISAPPOINT.

EVEN if we lose this match. Hazard has been UNBELIEVABLE.

dc89

Took Torres out for Hazard, Torres please don't score.

Well Hazard and Torres have scored so far this game.

HAZARD OVERRATED? YEAH RIGHT.

Hazard PENALTY. Hazard ASSIST.

Can't believe the people here who said he's overrated.

FOOTYGAF. I AM DISAPPOINT.

EVEN if we lose this match. Hazard has been UNBELIEVABLE.

You know my feelings on Hazard Mr Fady from last night's Twitter conversation. SO GUTTED we didn't get him, I didn't expect him to be THIS good.

Being completely serious, and I've just said it to my mates now, I don't get bothered in the slightest when Torres scores for Chelsea. Genuinely no bad feelings towards him whatsoever, I'm fairly ambivalent. When Chelsea fans start singing our song for him though, my blood begins to boil. It's classless.

Songs tend to follow players around in their career it's hardly classless

Clegg

Nasri has only ever had a 5 month stretch where he could be described as a great player. He went off the boil in the second half of the season and the was anonymous for 90% of Citys title winning season.

He's good but questions marks remain over how good he actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom