• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Knights History (PSP, Vanillaware) - Famitsu preview is up

SalsaShark said:
Well god fuckin dammit

again, gotta fight that dust under the screen
Can you try opening the PSP up and attacking the problem head on with compressed air? Will that potentially cause more problems?

Heck yeah, this looks and sounds awesome.

Muramasa and Odin Sphere are loads of fun, but I'm totally up for a turn-based Vanillaware game. The customization is the most exciting aspect so far, in my opinion.

kiryogi

Banned
Shame that Kamitani isn't involved, but the signature style is still there. Now its if debate do I import this day one or wait for a localization that might not even come. . .

vall03

_dementia said:
Dude it's only $12 new on Amazon

I haven't played it either
sadly, Amazon doesnt ship games to my country, but they're still available here though. I just dont know when I'll be getting a new game for my consoles. :(

thanks to vanillaware, snk, arc system works etc.

pretty art in my favorite genres? gaming doesn't get better than this. now don't disappoint with the gameplay.

matmanx1

Man that's gorgeous! Then again, gorgeous is completely expected of Vanillaware! Color me shocked it's a PSP title but no complaints here as I love my PSP. It will be pretty sad if we never see the game localized into English although the game is pretty enough that it's probably worth the import just for the visuals and sound.

I wonder when pre-orders will start? =)

Salsa

_dementia said:
Can you try opening the PSP up and attacking the problem head on with compressed air? Will that potentially cause more problems?

Ive actually dealt with the thing so bad that i ended up getting a new faceplate, and now the screws turned to shit since ive opened it so many times. Cant even open it atm. Im gonna try and open it, then buy some new screws (hopefully i'll find the ones that fit), then a can of compressed air or just try with a new cloth. Ive done it before with enough patience, but its a bitch.

We'll see. Nothing unrepairable here, just gotta be careful.

I don't see George Kamitani's name. Is another team at VannilaWare working on this?

Also, this looks like a SRPG or team-based Odin Sphere. But I love VannillaWare games so I hope this gets localized.

CKYBO.gif

localization plx

Zeal

Banned
these guys just can't fuck up. possibly one of my favorite developers of all time. supporting this talent all the way back to the days of Princess Crown, still one of my favorite games.

ALL TIME.

Mr. Spinnington said:

saving this reaction for the day Chrono Break is announced.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So beautiful! I'm glad they're around to feed the part of my brain that subsists solely on lovely 2D games, or else it would be starved.

5ntzcl.jpg

duckroll said:
Some gameplay details: The player is the captain of a squad of knights. You basically create the knights which form your squad. You can customize the appearance, gender, voice, weapons, and various details of each knight. You use town hubs are places to organize and prepare your forces, then you march forth into the world map to travel and quest, encountering enemies along the way. Battles are turn based and not action based, unlike previous Vanillaware games.
This is totally giving me a Final Fantasy Tactics vibe.

Jonnyram

Looks awesome. Kind of glad that the PSP is now a serious consideration for developers making JRPGs. Some awesome stuff coming out this year.

Giolon

Want. Need. MUST HAVE!

Too bad the PSP Market is fucking dead in the US. We have about as much chance of getting this as Valkyria Chronicles 3...

SAAAAAAAADmaking.

cj_iwakura

I hope you all realize just how integral Kamitani was to Vanillaware. I'm nervous.

He personally oversaw GrimGrimoire's localization, that's why it was so amazing.

duckroll

cj_iwakura said:
I hope you all realize just how integral Kamitani was to Vanillaware. I'm nervous.

He personally oversaw GrimGrimoire's localization, that's why it was so amazing.

Nervous about what? He owns Vanillaware, the company has like a dozen people in it at best. He didn't leave the company, nor is it likely that he had nothing to do at all with this game. He's just not directing it, which is curious because it means he has to be working on something else.

cj_iwakura

duckroll said:
Nervous about what? He owns Vanillaware, the company has like a dozen people in it at best. He didn't leave the company, nor is it likely that he had nothing to do at all with this game. He's just not directing it, which is curious because it means he has to be working on something else.

That's all I need to know.

Alrus

God I love Vanillaware so much, their game are always incredibly gorgeous (if a bit lacking in term of gameplay but usually the gorgeous art makes me forget that). I really hope this is localized and comes to europe.

I wonder what their possible other project is... Wasn't it said they were working on a 3ds game? (Also a bit OT, but wasn't a HD port of muramasa announced a while ago? What happened to it?)

Top Bottom