• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kbar strikes back: OFFICIAL GAF ESPN FOOTBALL 2k5 Xbox league! sign up inside!!

Meier

God dammit, I didnt see the Eagles were gone and the next team I'd take (the Pats) are too. Guess I'll be the Aints.

I hope to get xbl soon. If i do, ill play the rams of course. :p

Anyway, what days do you guys usually play? Mostly the weekends right?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'll take the University of Texas at Detroit if they are still available...

or the Texans.

DMczaf

Meier said:
God dammit, I didnt see the Eagles were gone and the next team I'd take (the Pats) are too. Guess I'll be the Aints.

Wait a minute, you call yourself a Bucs fan and you would use the Eagles or Saints?!?!?!

MaxwellMa03.jpg

StoOgE

hey frenchmovie.. could I switch to the Lions?

Sorry, I edited my original post after you updated :p

how is that talking trash? i'm stating a fact, no trash talk intended :)

p.s. stooge i'll switch it to the lions, but if musashi wins (caninusrule) wants in on the league he'll probably get them since he's the only die hard lions fan ive ever known

Jesiatha

FrenchMovieTheme said:
jesiatha, sure you wouldn't like another team? ramirez is a rabid steelers fan, and a regular in our tourneys/leagues. sorry dude!

p.s. why would you want the steelers anyways? you think ramirez is going to win any ballgames with maddox behind center? no

The only two places I've lived are Seattle and Pittsburgh. The only other team I care about is Kansas City, but they're gone too. Go ahead and sign me up and pick a random team. I'd like to play, but all the teams I care about are gone...

StoOgE

thats fine.. the teams I care about are all gone, so I was just grabbing a team with players I like... so just throw me wherever.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Cerebral Palsy said:
The reason I did so poorly last year was:

A) Chiefs defense was horrible, even worse with the broken tackling in the running game

B) I was one of the few players that actually had a balanced offense and didn't abuse the fuck out of the running game

Anyway, I'm sure I'll do well. I can live with poor defense if the running game is fixed this time.

Hey, I didn't abuse the running game at all. Matter of fact, I am sure I finished last in Rushing Offense. I was a Pass happy fool, but I still finished 12-4 not bad for no running game.

TheDuce22

Banned
Since Gunstar77 is afraid to play me for the Eagles, i cant blame him considering ive proven time and time again im the best Espn football player here, i want the panthers... or the ravens if they arent actually taken. I still think its garbage because i claimed the eagles in a previous thread.

Gunstar77

TheDuce22 said:
Since Gunstar77 is afraid to play me for the Eagles, i cant blame him considering ive proven time and time again im the best Espn football player here, i want the panthers... or the ravens if they arent actually taken. I still think its garbage because i claimed the eagles in a previous thread.

http://67.19.14.110/showthread.php?t=2349

Wrong!! Look at thread again, I claimed the Eagles 2 days before you. No hard feeling Duce, I understand why you want the Eagles but I called it first in both threads. Maybe Season 2, because we usually aren't aloud to use the same team again.

sorry duce :( i know you are a big eagles fan and all but i couldn't take the eagles away from a vet who played all 16 games in last years league. besides, with the trading and so on (if thats how it goes down), most teams wont have their opening day makeup anyways.

and about the other thread, the first thing i said in the other thread was "this isn't a signup, this is only to gauge interest".

don't worry dude, ESPN has tournaments and we'll have a season 2 where we switchup teams

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Damn, are the Philly fans multiplying? How many of you are there?

Denver Broncos, please. Now that Shannon Sharpe is gone, I can once again enjoy using them. He does look nice in a varsity jacket though.

shannon_sharpe.jpg

Teams left:

1. Oakland Raiders
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Houston Texans
4. New York Jets
5. Minnesota Vikings
6. San Diego Chargers (where are you sickboy!)

hgplayer1

heres hoping that this year league play lives up to the hype.

before last year the only leagues that were out there were ones created by the players and relied heavily on an honor code of sorts as far as stats and scores and stuff. too high maintenance.

online leagues for ESPN on PS2 was like the greatest thing that I could think of to make playing football online more fun than it had become in the years before. unfortunately the servers sucked ass and it was hard to get anyone to put up with the disconnect issues for a whole season. when games did get played to completion and the stats uploaded successfully it was a very fulfilling experience. if only every game could have run smoothly and the disconnects could have been avoided even 75% of the time.

the Xbox version was silky smooth online but there was no league support. hopefully this year everything goes well and there are no disconnect issues and no stats upload issues and the ESPN leagues crew can get schedules to generate realistically. I swear if I dont play every team in my division twice a year Im gonna play one season then give it up. thats all I ask.

hg they could literally solve every single problem that the leagues had last year by doing 2 things:

1. give complete and total control to the commisioner. everything from schedules, to playoff seedings, to playoff types, to trades to whatever.

2. make sure the servers are reliable

case closed! 2 things VC, 2 things is all i ask

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Houston Texans :)

StoOgE

just a rule suggestion: I think everyone should be forced to have their V.I.P. file available, that way we could scout whoever we are supposed to be playing next.

Mrbob

StoOgE said:
just a rule suggestion: I think everyone should be forced to have their V.I.P. file available, that way we could scout whoever we are supposed to be playing next.

Yes! Good idea!

Gunstar77

Wow, we only need 4 players for a 32 player League. Comeon guys, we just need 4 more of you. By the way, all 4 teams left should be pretty decent. Sega always overrates the Raiders because I think they are big fans of the team.

SickBoy

Guileless said:
Two more.

ryanleaf1.jpg

9086827.jpg

If it wasn't ancient history, that might actually hurt.

At any rate, are you so lame that you have make fun at the expense of the guy who picked the 4-12 team and stands as "most likely to be crushed"? ;)

-SB

Fifty

I'm shocked that they're still available. I'd take them in the second season if we can't use the same team twice in a row. Come on, someone, Vick!!! In a videogame..... He'll be superman!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The Falcons always gave me trouble in 2k4. Infact, they gave me my only loss in Franchise.

DMczaf

Fifty said:
I'm shocked that they're still available. I'd take them in the second season if we can't use the same team twice in a row. Come on, someone, Vick!!! In a videogame..... He'll be superman!

You gotta love it when the Arizona Cardinals are picked before the Falcons haha

Guileless

SickBoy said:
If it wasn't ancient history, that might actually hurt.

At any rate, are you so lame that you have make fun at the expense of the guy who picked the 4-12 team and stands as "most likely to be crushed"? ;)

-SB

No dude, I respect anyone that uses their favorite team in multiplayer regardless of the rating. That's one of the measures of a true fan.

My Charger digs are only related to your piece of shit GM and his shabby treatment of Eli and Archie. Because of him, I hope SD goes 0-16. No offense to you of course.

If this were a Madden 2004 league, people would be fighting over the Falcons.

Fifty

Why do you say that? Madden being the more popular game? Vick and the Falcons are a good team to use in Madden, and the same with ESPN. I take it as a good sign, that one of the most marketable teams is remaining while teams like Arizona are taken. The real fans are in this tourny :D

Guileless

No dude the unbelievable Vick cheese in Madden 2004. The Falcons are used a lot online in Madden.

I agree, it's a good sign they were picked so late because if there were lots of cheesers in the tourney the Falcons would have been off the board pretty quick.

Fifty

Oh, ok. I just assumed the same type of cheese was happening with ESPN online. I only played with my friends, and we never used the Falcons, so call me ignorant :D

Top Bottom