• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

minx

Well I had the winning players on my roster. Browns instead of Texans and White instead of Lafell. At least I made the playoffs finally. Good luck to all and congrats on the money teams.

UberTag

I wonder if allowing acksman to scoop up Johnny Football will prove to be a fatal decision for both donjezzy and myself.
That may well have been the pickup that determines the outcome of the playoffs.

acksman

I had to wait for the waivers to complete, since I dropped him last week. Soon as I could I grabbed him. I was hoping no one blocked me.

UberTag

I had to wait for the waivers to complete, since I dropped him last week. Soon as I could I grabbed him. I was hoping no one blocked me.
We were all complete idiots for letting him slip by. There's simply no excuse that can be made.
He was in my claims list as well but I was content with the pick-ups I made and completely neglected that you were a QB shy of a completely loaded roster.
Mistakes like that simply cannot be made in playoff season in a money league. Especially with an unknown variable like Manziel.

I'm so pissed at myself.

UberTag

Best of luck to both donjezzy and acksman tomorrow in your semi-finals matchup.
I know I wouldn't want to face either of Bell or Charles given their cake opponents.
Facing BOTH of them? Yikes, that doesn't bode well.

How in the world did we allow acksman to draft both of those guys?
Just goes to show how far nailing your first 3 draft picks will carry you.

As for fep... you should be happy to know that I'm 1-2 in Week 15 showdowns. The odds are in your favor but I will NOT go out quietly so make sure you've got your best lineup out there.

acksman

If you remember at the time Bell was a gamble with his substance abuse and possible suspension. Why he dropped so far in the draft. That and having a high draft pick and not picking Adrian Peterson helped.

UberTag

So much for playing JFF. I should have just left QB empty today.
You may wind up winning even with that disaster at QB if donjezzy's team doesn't get its act together.
Which worries me because A) I fear and respect you as a potential Week 16 opponent more than him and B) you'll have waiver priority over me heading into next week.

UberTag

Beckham was such a great pickup
Easily the best free agent pickup I've made in my 6-7 years of playing fantasy football.
Dude's been beasting the past month.

Had my team not struggled out of the gate I wouldn't have had the waiver priority to nab him after his debut and the week before Cruz went on the shelf.

Players grabbed ahead of Beckham in that Week 6 waiver run... Andre Williams, Matt Prater, Ronnie Hillman, Benny Cunningham and Brian Hoyer.

UberTag

Congratulations acksman on defeating donjezzy in the NQ6 semi-finals!

Be aware that the last time I made it to the league championship game I put up what was, at the time, the largest point total in No Quitters history to ever lose a matchup of any kind in 119.32 points. That record no longer stands thanks to the transition to 1/2-point PPR scoring as of Week 5 of this season.

It does, however, remain the largest point total to ever lose a No Quitters playoff matchup. I don't intend to go down quietly so be sure to have Redbull Express GAF bring their 'A' game because it's almost time to dance.

acksman

Thanks Uber. I am glad you were one of the finalist as you add a lot of value to this league and your analysis. With my whack-a-mole QB situation that will probably be the deciding factor for the final game. I think my most concerning play is your defense next week.

Anyway, I have sent gifts to Bell and Charles for their year of hard work and to bring me home. This league is always tough and I am ready to hit you with all I have next week.

Good Luck!

UberTag

I think my most concerning play is your defense next week.
Yeah, I made it absolutely imperative that I nabbed the Bills D/ST unit in last week's waiver run just for that Raiders game. Heck, had I known they would manhandle the Packers as effectively as they did, I'd have just run with them this week but it ultimately worked out.

Now I just need to survive another Monday night game with a running back I don't need to use and hope they don't hurt themselves. Thankfully Lacy's ailment last week appears like it will turn out to be a false alarm.

minx

Wish I could have played Hibachi this week with his score, could have made some money. Next year is the year baby!

donjezzy

So upset with that performance in the morning games. I stopped watching football. Congrats to you acksman. Good luck against ubertag. First Rd in the playoffs in the first yr and second Rd in the second. It's only Natural that I'm make it to the finals and lose next year lol. Time for 3rd place game!

UberTag

So upset with that performance in the morning games. I stopped watching football. Congrats to you acksman. Good luck against ubertag. First Rd in the playoffs in the first yr and second Rd in the second. It's only Natural that I'm make it to the finals and lose next year lol. Time for 3rd place game!
Persistence should eventually pay off for you, donjezzy.
Hoping to finally break my multi-year string of "close but not quite good enough to win it all" finishes this weekend.

UberTag

Our finals matchup will get underway shortly with today's Maclin vs. Boldin showdown.
Best of luck, acksman.
I'd like to promise that I won't feel terribly bitter if I lose this week... but let's face it, I will be.

Final pre-game projection for the No Quitters 6 championship showdown...

Long Island Broskis - 124.52
Redbull Express GAF - 113.44

The Broskis have beaten their scoring projection 12 times this season including the past 4 weeks straight.
My initial goal is clearing the 128.70 point mark that TD's N' Beer posted in Week 10 which presently stands as the highest score to ever lose a No Quitters fantasy contest.

acksman

Yup good luck to you as well. I admit I backed into the title game with some luck.

If one of my QB's Bridgewater, Manziel, or Hill cause the turning tides then you need to be shamed.

All I can hope is Bell and Charles decide to go off this week together. That means a fast pace game on the ground since they are playing against each other. Historically the outlook is bad for me.

UberTag

Yup good luck to you as well. I admit I backed into the title game with some luck.

If one of my QB's Bridgewater, Manziel, or Hill cause the turning tides then you need to be shamed.
I did what I could on the QB front in scooping up RG3. I'll happily take my chances on whatever dart throw you choose to roll with between the rest of them.

All I can hope is Bell and Charles decide to go off this week together. That means a fast pace game on the ground since they are playing against each other.
Yeah, that matchup is literally the central cog of this entire weekend. Not only that but it plays a pivotal role in the playoff fate of my Bills. Will be watching it with intent interest tomorrow afternoon.

UberTag

Awful start to championship weekend for me.

Eagles ignore Maclin, relentlessly target the Tight End I drafted and gave up on and the QB I nabbed to keep away from acksman put up shit numbers (which would have helped me dearly had I simply left him be).

Revised projection #1 for No Quitters 6 championship showdown...

Long Island Broskis - 119.17
Redbull Express GAF - 113.44

acksman

I was thinking about picking up Ertz since Witten is boom or bust, but that has been most TE's this season. Shoulda woulda coulda.

I love the projection going red on your side Uber, now make it go green on my side this next game.

UberTag

I love the projection going red on your side Uber, now make it go green on my side this next game.
Looks like your wish is about to be granted. That terrible 49ers defense is giving you the gift of overtime. And San Fran literally has nobody else capable of catching a ball besides Boldin.

acksman

This game is nuts. Patton did the 49ers in I think. The Chargers want it more. Not quite to projection but close. Still need to pick up points somewhere tomorrow to have a chance.

UberTag

This game is nuts. Patton did the 49ers in I think. The Chargers want it more. Not quite to projection but close. Still need to pick up points somewhere tomorrow to have a chance.
Boldin did slightly better than Maclin. Considering that 73 points were put up in that game I'll take it.

Revised projection #2 for No Quitters 6 championship showdown...

Long Island Broskis - 120.69
Redbull Express GAF - 112.89

I swapped out Bryant for Amendola with Edelman sidelined.

Actual score heading into Sunday...

Redbull Express GAF - 9.60
Long Island Broskis - 8.20

I'm still steamed by the unexplained Ertz love this week.
Literally everyone left unclaimed in the Free Agents list that posted solid stats thus far this week had their best game of the season and could not have been predictably relied upon.

Clear objective for the Sunday games is to pad a big enough lead to hold off 'Party On, Barth' on Monday night.

UberTag

Really liking those 1st quarter dividends... nothing but field goals in the Chiefs-Steelers matchup whereas both of my RBs have early scores.
Feeling comfortable with Luck and Beckham waiting in the wings to bat cleanup.

Revised projection #3 for No Quitters 6 championship showdown...

Long Island Broskis - 135.80
Redbull Express GAF - 103.41

Actual score after the 1st quarter of the 1pm games...

Long Island Broskis - 36.72
Redbull Express GAF - 33.30

UberTag

Slight momentum shift for the Express in the 2nd quarter with Bridgewater and Bell cashing in TDs, Stafford sapping any points from my kicker with his multiple red zone INTs and some clutch grabs from Cobb. acksman also dodged the Manziel bullet this week as Teddy is looking capable and Johnny Football is already out of the game in Carolina.

Revised projection #4 for No Quitters 6 championship showdown...

Long Island Broskis - 128.31
Redbull Express GAF - 101.82

Actual score after the 1st half of the 1pm games...

Redbull Express GAF - 46.55
Long Island Broskis - 40.86

acksman needs a strong 2nd half to build a substantial lead if he hopes to win this matchup as he only has Witten and Barth in reserve once these early games wrap up.

Meanwhile, neither fep or donjezzy seem to want to claim 3rd place money as both of their teams are AWOL today. I'll give the slight edge to fep even though donjezzy continues to hold the projection advantage.

That Ravens-Texans game is just nutty. Flacco has just three completed passes - meanwhile, Arian Foster is throwing touchdowns.

acksman

Yup my worst scenario for Chiefs/Steelers game is happening. Without that I have no chance with your afternoon games.

All the games are horrible today compared to yesterdays games.

UberTag

Yup my worst scenario for Chiefs/Steelers game is happening. Without that I have no chance with your afternoon games.

All the games are horrible today compared to yesterdays games.
Yeah, it's like teams have to pull teeth to get points today... whereas the Chargers-49ers game was like a circus act.

I'll admit it's nice having the #1 fantasy QB, the #2 fantasy WR and the #2 fantasy DEF with a cake matchup waiting in the wings... but I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Some of these games can still break wide open awfully quick.

Revised projection #5 for No Quitters 6 championship showdown...

Long Island Broskis - 121.65
Redbull Express GAF - 91.76

Actual score after the 3rd quarter of the 1pm games...

Redbull Express GAF - 57.02
Long Island Broskis - 48.80

Cloudy

Banned
Oh wow, I totally forgot I was in the 3rd place game in my $100 league ($100 prize) and only half-heartedly set my lineup this week LOL

UberTag

At least one player showed up for the Redbull Express today... Randall Cobb (whose jersey I own, incidentally) set a career high for receptions in a game.
I'm facing both Cobb and Bell in both of the GAF league championship matchups I'm in today.

UberTag

Man, I thought acksman was going to see another OT game. How the hell did that blocked punt into a safety play materialize?

Revised projection #6 for No Quitters 6 championship showdown...

Long Island Broskis - 126.21
Redbull Express GAF - 96.47

Actual score upon completion of the 1pm games...

Redbull Express GAF - 79.84
Long Island Broskis - 78.96

With only Witten on the field and Barth in reserve, acksman will need an unexpected implosion or injury to crawl back into this matchup.

3rd place semi-final matchup update. Heading into the Monday nighter, donjezzy's Hibachi Grill has a 14.12 point projection advantage over fep's PK Boosters.
Meanwhile, fep's actual lead heading into Monday night is 11.85 points. He has Sanu and Thompson on deck. donjezzy has Manning and Green.
Odds are donjezzy should overtake fep early on and claim the additional $100 that's on the line this week but it's by no means a foregone conclusion.

UberTag

And an unexpected implosion is what acksman has received as Andrew Luck has been completely stifled by the Cowboys defense and Rivera has yet to catch a pass in the Bills-Raiders matchup.

The Bills D hasn't really shown up for that game, either as they've forced no turnovers and accumulated no sacks against Derek Carr. And Beckham hasn't been the target vacuum this week that he has the past month. Most of his targets have been coming from the Rams who've been actively trying to lay him out. Thankfully he wasn't ejected from the game in that scrum.

The momentum has shifted once again as Redbull Express GAF continues to maintain a lead for Barth to work with on Monday night. We officially have ourselves a contest.

Revised projection #7 for No Quitters 6 championship showdown...

Long Island Broskis - 105.67
Redbull Express GAF - 98.86

Actual score as of right now...

Redbull Express GAF - 85.94
Long Island Broskis - 76.86

Are we witnessing yet another playoff meltdown by the Broskis who were once overwhelmingly favored to win this matchup?

UberTag

Beckham doing work for Uber. I need Witten to go for a few more. This is going to be close.
Not close enough. Luck's collapse sunk my team.
Looks like I'm born to runner-up once again. I'm used to it, though... I'm a Bills fan after all. Fitting that their season would collapse right along with mine.

Congrats on the win, acksman!

acksman

Not close enough. Luck's collapse sunk my team.
Looks like I'm born to runner-up once again. Congrats on the win, acksman!

Thanks Uber, I would have never thought I even had a chance today. I feel bad you have come so close in this league and do great commentary for us. I do appreciate it. Probably going to not play my kicker just to be safe based on any stat corrections tomorrow.

On that note, whoo hoo!

QbNfRoY.gif

UberTag

Luck was like Santa Claus today. Giving out presents to all sorts of people in fantasy land.
Just not his owners. He gave them coal. Even Hasselbeck's garbage time work would have helped out a ton.

Cloudy

Banned
Guys, 1st and 3rd will be paid via LeagueSafe so I need everyone to go there later tonight to vote. UberTag will be paid via Paypal.

Thanks for another great season, everyone!

PS: Anyone up for an MLB league? I am thinking of starting one this year :D

acksman

Guys, 1st and 3rd will be paid via LeagueSafe so I need everyone to go there later tonight to vote. UberTag will be paid via Paypal.

Thanks for another great season, everyone!

PS: Anyone up for an MLB league? I am thinking of starting one this year :D

Hey Cloudy, not that I don't want to be paid quickly, but I want to make it fair that you wait till Thursday's stat corrections for me. I am taking a calculated risk benching my kicker and hope those 2.92 are enough.

MLB league eh? hmm something I would really suck at.

Cloudy

Banned
Hey Cloudy, not that I don't want to be paid quickly, but I want to make it fair that you wait till Thursday's stat corrections for me. I am taking a calculated risk benching my kicker and hope those 2.92 are enough.

MLB league eh? hmm something I would really suck at.

lmao ok I'll wait. MLB fantasy is really fun. I really can't stand baseball season without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom