• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
LeagueSafe invites have been sent out. Payment must be made 2 weeks before draft day or you'll be booted

I kept wondering when this thread was going to pop up and I must've just kept missing it. At least I pay enough attention to my email to sign up for the actual league.

fep

Hmmm I'd rather not draft from PAX, but I did last year so I could do so again.

I'd prefer Sunday, August 31st, if it has to be during PAX weekend. I'll make Saturday at 6 PM if I have to.

UberTag

Hmmm I'd rather not draft from PAX, but I did last year so I could do so again.

I'd prefer Sunday, August 31st, if it has to be during PAX weekend. I'll make Saturday at 6 PM if I have to.
I'm out of town at a convention that weekend as well.
Will need to bail out and return home early to draft on Sunday night. :(

MBison

I'd want as many people to make the draft as possible. Should we move to Monday night or is that pushing luck with the work week?

UberTag

Would really like to do it on the weekend. Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.
Are you dialed in to that weekend or would you be open to considering a different one (i.e. the 22nd-24th)?
That last week of pre-season games seldom changes much.

Cloudy

Banned
Are you dialed in to that weekend or would you be open to considering a different one (i.e. the 22nd-24th)?
That last week of pre-season games seldom changes much.

Doesn't change much but there could a an injury in practice or what not

UberTag

Doesn't change much but there could a an injury in practice or what not
Injuries happen all the time. Could happen in practice before Week 1 also. That's just the way things play out. The depth chart is more or less locked in before the last preseason game. That's the key variable.

minx

Both that Monday and Tuesday night do not work for me as I have work. Monday during the day works, Wed night I'm off work and can.

Pepiope

I'm fine with the 31st. I'd prefer a weekend, but I'd try to make it on a weekday if most people can't do a weekend.

acksman

If its on Aug 31st please have it before 5pmCST as I already have two other drafts that day. Yes I know poor me, but would like to not have to go into autodraft mode at anytime.

No good dates for me would be Aug 15th / 21st. I will work around anything else.

UberTag

Maybe we should put 3 options out there and vote? Gonna be tough to accommodate everyone.
As the 31st seems especially problematic for people, I'm going to throw out some suggestions that don't seem to conflict with too many people...

- Any time during the weekend of August 22nd-24th
- Saturday, August 30th (at night after 6pm Central Time) - both fep and myself will be at conventions that weekend but we could draft remotely - fep suggested 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific
- Monday, September 1st (which is Labor Day aka still part of the weekend) during the day before minx88 has to go into work
- Later that week BEFORE kickoff on Thursday night (not Tuesday night, though)

minx

As the 31st seems especially problematic for people, I'm going to throw out some suggestions that don't seem to conflict with too many people...

- Any time during the weekend of August 22nd-24th
- Saturday, August 30th (at night after 6pm Central Time) - both fep and myself will be at conventions that weekend but we could draft remotely - fep suggested 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific
- Monday, September 1st (which is Labor Day aka still part of the weekend) during the day before minx88 has to go into work
- Later that week BEFORE kickoff on Thursday night (not Tuesday night, though)

22-24 works if draft is no later than 3pm central as I work 6pm to 6am all weekend.

30th works best, any time

1st before 3pm

Thursday I have training at work 10am to 10pm and so it's a no go at all.

donjezzy

Im good with the original date, Im no go on the 23th. Maybe we should do a google docs to have managers show what days they are available.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm going to put dates on a poll on the site and vote. Caveat is, anyone who doesn't vote is a yes for the original date

UberTag

Im good with the original date, Im no go on the 23th. Maybe we should do a google docs to have managers show what days they are available.
That may not be a bad idea. I don't want to vote for a draft slot on the Yahoo! site that will cause a conflict for another owner and prompt them to auto-draft or drop out.

Pepiope

That may not be a bad idea. I don't want to vote for a draft slot on the Yahoo! site that will cause a conflict for another owner and prompt them to auto-draft or drop out.
Yeah, everyone should be there to witness how great my team will be.

Just a heads up if 9/1 wins the vote for the draft date I am going to have to drop out of the league. I am traveling that night and would be unable to participate in the draft. When does the vote close? If it comes down to it and I have to drop I want to make sure there is enough time someone on the wait list to take my spot.

Thanks for understanding.

fep

Just a heads up if 9/1 wins the vote for the draft date I am going to have to drop out of the league. I am traveling that night and would be unable to participate in the draft. When does the vote close? If it comes down to it and I have to drop I want to make sure there is enough time someone on the wait list to take my spot.

I changed my vote to Sunday. *edit* (I'm dumb and didn't realize no-votes was status quo)

Can't wait! Love the .5 ppr, good middle ground imo.

Cloudy

Banned

It's currently 12-4 for the 31st (no-votes = status quo) so I think you're okay

UberTag

It's currently 12-4 for the 31st (no-votes = status quo) so I think you're okay
With the Sunday draft day now locked in, any chance of a later draft time or are we married to 9:00pm?
I know we did 10:30pm last season so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

acksman

Have mercy on the draft time on the 31st then. I already have 7 and a 8pm CDT drafts that day. Yes, I know I have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom