• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Socreges

Banned
4 years, $21.2m

The .2 is funny. Gives me this image of them counting pennies in front of Doan as he tells them to scrounge up whatever they've got.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just fyi, gamestop preorder codes should work now, just got this email:

Dear EB Games Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering NHL 13 on EBGames.ca. As a bonus, here is a code to download 1 Exclusive Gold pack of Hockey Ultimate Team for (16) sixteen weeks

EA has confirmed that the HUT Packs for Xbox 360 are now working

If you have any more questions, please contact customer service at: help@ebgames.ca

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Doan is an amazing troll, waits until the very last minute, then signs with Phoenix. Dunno why he didn't take Buffalo up on their offer, they're most likely be more competitive then the Yotes in the next few years, and more money.

Red_Man

Maybe Doan really likes Quebec?
pq3tG.jpg

Well this is what sucks about working in the cakebossing industry. Gotta drive home but I'm pissdd from an event. Where's my water?

Oh and fuck a lockout.

Red_Man

According to Mike Johnson, Leafs made a strong offer to Doan. That's clearly what's been holding them back.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Thank fucking Christ everyone can stop giving a shit about Shane Doan finally.

Alucard

Banned
What are you guys doing today?

Waiting for a buddy to come over for a game of Magic: The Gathering, and going to Montreal Comic Con tomorrow. My wife is AWESOME. Taking the baby to mom's and letting me geek it up. Woot.

Waiting for a buddy to come over for a game of Magic: The Gathering, and going to Montreal Comic Con tomorrow. My wife is AWESOME. Taking the baby to mom's and letting me geek it up. Woot.

My son's travel hockey has started up. He has a scrimmage tomorrow night.

So yeah, bitches, I'm watching a hockey game this weekend!

After reading this and listening to what Z had to say about the lockout, it seems like both sides are going to be at a huge stalemate for quite a while. It also really seems that the players want some pretty radical changes that the NHL just isn't going to budge on. So get ready folks, looks like we are going to have to resort to curling and bandy for quite a long time.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/09/as_red_wings_pack_bags_and_lea.html

Quick

Banned

Nice. I had the thought of going at Fan Expo, then quickly realized that going all the way to Montreal just to geek out at the Comic Con would be idiotic.

On that note, I do know one or two people who head over to Boston just for PAX. Can't say I envy them considering the probably cost of everything. Fan Expo is enough for me.

Got nothing to do tonight but mess around with Windows 8, get some NHL 13 and Red Dead Redemption going, and probably watch a movie or something.

After reading this and listening to what Z had to say about the lockout, it seems like both sides are going to be at a huge stalemate for quite a while. It also really seems that the players want some pretty radical changes that the NHL just isn't going to budge on. So get ready folks, looks like we are going to have to resort to curling and bandy for quite a long time.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/09/as_red_wings_pack_bags_and_lea.html

I don't hold out a lot of hope, which is a real shame. The Canes made some exciting moves this offseason. I was looking forward to seeing them on the ice.

This is proceeding exactly like the NFL/NBA lockouts. Players will agree when the season is about to be cancelled, they have no leverage.

Just the usual huffing, puffing and courtroom BS right now. It's like a movie script.

Acid08

Banned

I got a job as an English tutor and I've been getting worked like a dawg, pretty exhausted but happy as well :)

Going to read some comics and play P3 FES. Try to talk myself out of buying a Vita.

see5harp

At least convince yourself to buy the 2nd iteration. Even if it completely dies, the price on the first one will have dropped significantly.

I don't hold out a lot of hope, which is a real shame. The Canes made some exciting moves this offseason. I was looking forward to seeing them on the ice.

:(. This makes the lockout so much worse. Quick question, I don't know much about contract stuff in the NHL, what happens if the entire season gets canceled. Would that count toward the contract term or not. I was actually excited to see Semin play for Carolina.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, this sucks so much. I just can't fathom how Bettman is still allowed to run this league. How can you have 3 lockouts during your tenure and still have a job? It's just the smug and the "I don't give a shit about anyone buy myself" attitude I get from these guys which just pisses me the fuck off. They can spout all the PR lines they want, but who really thinks they mean any of it? Just fucking split that shit down the middle and call it a day, jesus christ.

So if this goes into the new year, what happens with the Winter Classic? Will they just do Wings/Leafs for Jan 1st 2014 or what? Setting all that shit up just to have it go no where would be a huge pain in the ass and FUCK YOU to the people who put a lot of time and effort into making this happen.

Are contracts also delayed a year? If the lockout goes all season, a guy who signed a 2 year deal in the summer still has a 2 year deal when they resume, right?

So if this goes into the new year, what happens with the Winter Classic? Will they just do Wings/Leafs for Jan 1st 2014 or what? Setting all that shit up just to have it go no where would be a huge pain in the ass and FUCK YOU to the people who put a lot of time and effort into making this happen.

Are contracts also delayed a year? If the lockout goes all season, a guy who signed a 2 year deal in the summer still has a 2 year deal when they resume, right?

My bet is the Winter Classic is the first game of the season. There is too much revenue in that to cancel it.

Which would make the All-star game irrelevant. So that in turn would make it two years with none.

Top Bottom