• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

I might blow your mind for just the second time within an hour, but it's coming. The guys that are responsible for the AWESOME baseball manager sim "Out of the Park Baseball" are coming out with a hockey sim this fall/winter. It'll be the first PC NHL hockey manager since EHM 2007, and it will be glorious. and realistic. and massive.

They've promised features like dynasties where you start with the original 6 teams in the 50's and then go through expansions etc however you want, or set up your own divisions, etcetcetc. Out of the Park baseball is one of the best sports management sims out there, so I'm sure their hockey sim will be just as great.

Wow that is great news. I would love a hockey sim on PC.

ShaneB

I might blow your mind for just the second time within an hour, but it's coming. The guys that are responsible for the AWESOME baseball manager sim "Out of the Park Baseball" are coming out with a hockey sim this fall/winter. It'll be the first PC NHL hockey manager since EHM 2007, and it will be glorious. and realistic. and massive.

They've promised features like dynasties where you start with the original 6 teams in the 50's and then go through expansions etc however you want, or set up your own divisions, etcetcetc. Out of the Park baseball is one of the best sports management sims out there, so I'm sure their hockey sim will be just as great.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Cake Boss

Banned

sheet.jpg

Quick

Banned

izFjiJdGUu8Cp.gif

Alucard

Banned
Both sides are at fault in this thing, but players trying to tug at the heart strings of guys who make around 30,000 a year and still pay 100 bucks for a fucking ticket to see a 2.5-hour game borders on idiocy.

calder

Really? Oh wow that's awesome. I was actually on Steam a few weeks back looking at Football Manager and debating buying it despite knowing almost nothing about the sport just because a nice managerial sim seemed like a great idea.

Socreges

Banned

Crossing my fingers for an authentic 'Lockout Mode' featuring Paul Bissonette sitting in his boxers tweeting about the plight of millionaires.

calder

Get the "BizNasty2.0" achievement by stringing together 10 tweets accurately depicting douchebaggery.

Yelling "proud o' ya!" to any remotely attractive young woman from your convertible while driving through Vegas with your bros will be a silver trophy/40 points reward.

I remember the Sony rep knew that I was a big NHL fan. Tried to sell me on the Wayne Gretzky game for PSP. :jnc

A friend of mine had that. Looked kind of cool on the PSP.

NHL 07 (EA) for PSP was probably worse. I got it for free, and it was a pile of garbage.

That game actually wasn't too bad, kept me occupied on a plane ride to Vegas a while back.

Oh yeah I remember that game, kept me entertained on the bus on my first year of college.

You missed out man!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TSN Stats guy said:
Hey @VanCanucks fans - apparently Shane Doan will decide between Vancouver or Phoenix by 2pm pacific time today.....countdown begins....
Dunno where he's getting this from, but have fun with that Nuck fans.

Socreges

Banned
Dunno who follows the CFL here, but it's so fucking weird seeing Jon Cornish leading the league in rushing. I played football with him for three years and knew him pretty well. He was a pleasant nerd that got (mostly jokingly) pushed around by the other guys and IIRC was our third-string tailback to begin with. Now he seems to be the face of the CFL for TSN, doing interviews and promos. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I swear its his brains that have brought him this far and he could keep getting better.

Quick

Banned
Dunno who follows the CFL here, but it's so fucking weird seeing Jon Cornish leading the league in rushing. I played football with him for three years and knew him pretty well. He was a pleasant nerd that got (mostly jokingly) pushed around by the other guys and IIRC was our third-string tailback to begin with. Now he seems to be the face of the CFL for TSN, doing interviews and promos. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I swear its his brains that have brought him this far and he could keep getting better.

In other words: "feels good man."

Always feels good seeing a genuinely nice guy get his dues. I've probably seen him on TSN, just haven't paid attention.

Marvie_3

Banned

I watch it on my xbox late at night to try and cure insomnia. I have no idea what your post is about.

Marvie_3

Banned
Didn't realize it required any special knowledge apart from knowing what "CFL" stands for.

And yeah, I don't follow the CFL either. But the guy's getting a lot of exposure on TSN these days.

I'm gonna be honest. I only read the first 5 words of your post before replying.

It might be a big day later today. 5pm EST is the deadline for any contracts to be made under the current CBA.

We could potentially see a gluttony of signings for the remaining RFAs and players in their contract year.

I was a PC only gamer back in the day, never touched a console til much later. You haven't played hockey til you played with a keyboard (or a joystick) hehe.

I played Wayne Gretzky Hockey, just looked it up and saw that Bethesda made it back in the day (I'd hate to play a PS3 version if they still made it).

4066.jpg

I think they made a Hockey League Simulator back in the day as well.

Futureman

It might be a big day later today. 5pm EST is the deadline for any contracts to be made under the current CBA.

We could potentially see a gluttony of signings for the remaining RFAs and players in their contract year.

Thought it was the 15th? Is it looking like no season at least for a bit?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Geez, how many Canadian athletes did you grow up around?

Wherever you grew up must produce them like crazy.

ShaneB

I'm not a big football guy, but I don't mind it. I try to like the CFL for Canadian pride, and I'll watch the Grey Cup, but I just can't turn into a consistent fan for one reason. I hate how MASSIVE the field is :( edit: and I completely forgot about the Jon Cornish portion. lol. He does seem like a nice guy from what I've seen on TSN/Sportsnet, so good on him.

I was a PC only gamer back in the day, never touched a console til much later. You haven't played hockey til you played with a keyboard (or a joystick) hehe.

I played Wayne Gretzky Hockey, just looked it up and saw that Bethesda made it back in the day (I'd hate to play a PS3 version if they still made it).

4066.jpg

I think they made a Hockey League Simulator back in the day as well.

Oh man, Nostalgia trip, I played that a lot. lol

Top Bottom