• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Canucks signed undrafted FA Evan McEnemy to an ELC. The kid was is supposed to be a high end puck moving D projected to go in the first two rounds this summer, but fell off the list after a big season ending knee injury.

Considering Gillis's success with undrafted kids, I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks signed undrafted FA Evan McEnemy to an ELC. The kid was is supposed to be a high end puck moving D projected to go in the first two rounds this summer, but fell off the list after a big season ending knee injury.

Considering Gillis's success with undrafted kids, I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Wait, seriously? The kid's name is McEnemy? I love it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is it mean or does it seem that everyone in the media and some "celebs" have decided to fully support the players this time?

So he doesnt even have an NHL contract and hes talking shit about the owners and all on twitter. He went on to compare the strike to the chicago one then got some backlash from it, after that he went with the whole I have an opinion and everything, I said so did Hitler.

Credibility goes down the drain the minute you invoke Godwins Law.

WE PLAY FOR THE CREST AND NOT THE NAME ON THE BACK OH YEAH WANT TO ROCK WANT TO ROCK WANT TO ROCK OH YEAH

OH YEAH

Man Fehr sounds like bad news, no idea where LeBrun is getting this from though:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/19151/owners-should-fear-nhlpas-ultimate-trump-card

NEW YORK -- The answer should have sent mini shockwaves into the hearts of NHL owners, even if you had to read between the lines to find the true meaning.

At the very end of Donald Fehr’s news conference Thursday, I asked the executive director of the NHL Players’ Association whether a prolonged labor impasse could see his side reconsider the existence of a salary cap in the NHL.

After all, this is the same man who was able to fight off a cap in baseball, the only one of the Big Four pro sports to not have one.

Socreges

Banned
Man Fehr sounds like bad news, no idea where LeBrun is getting this from though:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/19151/owners-should-fear-nhlpas-ultimate-trump-card
Fehr-mongering.

But really, that's what it is. They're trying to manipulate the owners into earlier concessions by hinting at that possibility if the stalemate continues or things worsen. And LeBrun, knowingly or not, is playing right into it.

I hate talking about this shit. It's all smoke and mirrors. There aren't suitable mechanisms in place to actually resolve disputes like these. It's just one big clusterfuck until one side gets desperate.

Smiley90

Went to Anton's tonight. So this is what food-cakebossing feels like. And I STILL have leftovers. And I just ordered dessert too.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

Man Fehr is doing this like one big ego trip. Throws in the "baseball is the most stable sport" and alluding to removing the cap. Dude is an ass, I hope we at least get half a season out of this.

Went to Anton's tonight. So this is what food-cakebossing feels like. And I STILL have leftovers. And I just ordered dessert too.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
When I went to Anton's, I ate until I felt like I was going to die. I still had a family sized portion of food left. I ate leftovers for lunch for the next two days.

ShaneB

Man Fehr is doing this like one big ego trip. Throws in the "baseball is the most stable sport" and alluding to removing the cap. Dude is an ass, I hope we at least get half a season out of this.

I'm sure he realizes that lots of Americans care about baseball. That they play 162 games, that each stadium can hold 50,000 people, and you know, that equals a lot more money... I'm sure he realizes that. Seems obvious I hope.

Parch

Owners during preseason: "Let's talk"
Union: "We're not ready"
Owners during all-star break: "Let's talk"
Owners during playoffs: "Let's talk"
Owners during finals: "Let's talk"
Early summer, limited talks
Late summer, Union: "Owners were planning lockout all along! This is all their fault!"

Nuklear

Banned
I think Fehr has handled the negotiations well for the NHLPA. I don't see why the players have to keep taking pay cuts to save the owners from themselves. I also don't believe the players should have pay for the league putting franchises in bad markets. Bettman(and owners to some extent) need to own up and move these deadbeat franchise to better markets. Phoenix is a glaring example. The entire situation has gone on 2-3 years too long. The franchise bleeds red every season. The NHL won't own up and say Phoenix isn't the answer anymore and move it somewhere else where the Franchise could make money.

I think Fehr has handled the negotiations well for the NHLPA. I don't see why the players have to keep taking pay cuts to save the owners from themselves. I also don't believe the players should have pay for the league putting franchises in bad markets. Bettman(and owners to some extent) need to own up and move these deadbeat franchise to better markets. Phoenix is a glaring example. The entire situation has gone on 2-3 years too long. The franchise bleeds red every season. The NHL won't own up and say Phoenix isn't the answer anymore and move it somewhere else where the Franchise could make money.
:lol no

Sony haven't touched handheld NHL games since NHL07. Kinda sad really.

I mean, shit, there was only that one NHL Minis game on DS and from what I heard it sucked ass.

Quick

Banned
A friend of mine had that. Looked kind of cool on the PSP.

NHL 07 (EA) for PSP was probably worse. I got it for free, and it was a pile of garbage.

A friend of mine had that. Looked kind of cool on the PSP.

NHL 07 (EA) for PSP was probably worse. I got it for free, and it was a pile of garbage.

The commentary for that particular title was the absolute worst you can get.

Player... elbows... another... player... 2 minute penalty!

For some reason (apparently had a lot of time on my hands), I played NHL 07 a lot on the PSP, and I ended up with Kovalchuk (on the NYI, best trade ever) getting 110ish goals and 230ish points. Loved that game.

Smiley90

This. Something like that football manager game but NHL would be awesome.

I might blow your mind for just the second time within an hour, but it's coming. The guys that are responsible for the AWESOME baseball manager sim "Out of the Park Baseball" are coming out with a hockey sim this fall/winter. It'll be the first PC NHL hockey manager since EHM 2007, and it will be glorious. and realistic. and massive.

They've promised features like dynasties where you start with the original 6 teams in the 50's and then go through expansions etc however you want, or set up your own divisions, etcetcetc. Out of the Park baseball is one of the best sports management sims out there, so I'm sure their hockey sim will be just as great.

Top Bottom