• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Vman

They portray it as the most "Canadian" US State due to similar weather/temperatures, that's pretty much it.

Well yea it pretty much is due to the love of hockey, a town called little Canada, and overall the weather and the accents.

Filth

Hagelin suspended 3 games for elbow on Daniel Alfredsson. Carkner suspended one game for hitting boyle while he was down.

what i dont get is why wasnt the guy who got called for a penalty for elbowing on Ottawa suspended.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
XtqMG.jpg
:lol perfect.

I gotta say, as shitty as it has been with the Habs out of the playoffs, it's pretty damn enjoyable watching the Pens sinking like they are, as well as Tabris bitter tears who will soon join us, and we get a great draft pick.

Erdrick

Perfect. May as well be me in that Jets jersey there, as his reaction in the commercial was basically akin to my own.

Not looking forward to potentially losing some of the players I like on the Jets this summer, but... whatever happens, will happen I guess. Will watch some of that IIHF hockey coming up to keep tabs on Slater on the U.S. side with Kane and Ladd on Canada.

At least the playoffs have been fun to watch this year. Even if my team is not in it.

Solo

Remparts blew a 3-0 lead to the Mooseheads and apparently Grigs looked like shit throughout and Roy wouldn't even shake hands with Halifax after.

Consider me 100% on the Galchenyuk bandwagon now.

fallout

Not looking forward to potentially losing some of the players I like on the Jets this summer, but... whatever happens, will happen I guess. Will watch some of that IIHF hockey coming up to keep tabs on Slater on the U.S. side with Kane and Ladd on Canada.
I really, really don't want to lose Slater.

Erdrick

I really, really don't want to lose Slater.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=625867

It's stuff like that above that makes me agree with you 100%. I want to get his name and number on my jersey not only because he's exactly the type of player I like, but he is such a class act and has nothing but positive things to say about Winnipeg and Atlanta. As someone who has been with the organization his entire NHL career, he has that right to say such things moreso than anyone.

I've met him a few times out and about the city and he is super nice to fans as well. I think he wants to stay anyway from the looks and sounds of it, and the guys in charge would be insane to not resign him after how well he has been received this year, in addition to his excellent performance on the ice.

Marvie_3

Banned
Perfect. May as well be me in that Jets jersey there, as his reaction in the commercial was basically akin to my own.

At least the playoffs have been fun to watch this year. Even if my team is not in it.

Can't you guys just get rid of Ladd and let Chicago have him back?? We'll give you Oduya back in return!!! ;)

Razorskin

----- ------
Remparts blew a 3-0 lead to the Mooseheads and apparently Grigs looked like shit throughout and Roy wouldn't even shake hands with Halifax after.

Consider me 100% on the Galchenyuk bandwagon now.

I've always been a fan of players with strong work ethics, which is why I want them to get Galchenyuk, I hope Timmins wants him over Grigorenko too.

Solo

I've always been a fan of players with strong work ethics, which is why I want them to get Galchenyuk, I hope Timmins wants him over Grigorenko too.

Yeah, I think most of Habs Age has shifted to Galchenyuk Hopefully Timmins is on that wavelength too.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was listening to Primetime Sports and they were talking about goalies in the playoffs and Canada's goalie situation for the next olympics. They asked Healy who would most like be Canada's goalie and he mentioned Price. The host immediately started laughing. I wish I could punched them through the radio.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was listening to Primetime Sports and they were talking about goalies in the playoffs and Canada's goalie situation for the next olympics. They asked Healy who would most like be Canada's goalie and he mentioned Price. The host immediately started laughing. I wish I could punched them through the radio.
:/

I think we're boned. No Lundqvist, no Miller, no Thomas, no Rinne.

Not sure who I would trust.

After watching these playoffs...not Fleury...

Red_Man

It has to be Price unless he has an epic collapse in the next couple years, both Fleury and Luongo have buckled under pressure. I also read a stat a while back that Price has had the best save % and GAA for a goalie on a bottom conference team, aside from Vokoun. If it wasn't for him we would have been chasing Columbus for #1 and this is with one of our weakest D corps we've had in years. Also Galchenyuk is definitely Timmins kind of player, he always goes for the hard worker type personality players. I have a hard time seeing him pick Grigs who has a lazy reputation unless he truly sees some amazing potential in him.

Erdrick

Can't you guys just get rid of Ladd and let Chicago have him back?? We'll give you Oduya back in return!!! ;)

While Oduya's epic mustache will be missed, I (and anyone with any common sense) want Ladd to stay here for the rest of his NHL career. He does it all. Great Captain and leads by example. There is no one in the league that I'd trade him for. He's a real great example of how other players should model their attitudes after. Ladd is locked into a nice contract with us anyway for the near future, so he's not a concern for me in terms of losing an essential piece of our team.

As much as I do not care for Evander Kane's attitude that I have seen off the ice, I do hope he stays with the team, as his skills, while still in need of polish, are certainly worth keeping. Pavelec is also a no-brainer for them to re-sign. What will come, will come, I guess.

I hope the Hawks can kill off the Jets 1.0 in their round though!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:/

I think we're boned. No Lundqvist, no Miller, no Thomas, no Rinne.

Not sure who I would trust.

After watching these playoffs...not Fleury...

What do you mean by "we", when you list goalies of multiple nationalities?

Marvie_3

Banned
While Oduya's epic mustache will be missed, I (and anyone with any common sense) want Ladd to stay here for the rest of his NHL career. He does it all. Great Captain and leads by example. There is no one in the league that I'd trade him for. He's a real great example of how other players should model their attitudes after. Ladd is locked into a nice contract with us anyway for the near future, so he's not a concern for me in terms of losing an essential piece of our team.

As much as I do not care for Evander Kane's attitude that I have seen off the ice, I do hope he stays with the team, as his skills, while still in need of polish, are certainly worth keeping. Pavelec is also a no-brainer for them to re-sign. What will come, will come, I guess.

I hope the Hawks can kill off the Jets 1.0 in their round though!
ibvkikGL1EqCB.png

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It has to be Price unless he has an epic collapse in the next couple years, both Fleury and Luongo have buckled under pressure. I also read a stat a while back that Price has had the best save % and GAA for a goalie on a bottom conference team, aside from Vokoun. If it wasn't for him we would have been chasing Columbus for #1 and this is with one of our weakest D corps we've had in years. Also Galchenyuk is definitely Timmins kind of player, he always goes for the hard worker type personality players. I have a hard time seeing him pick Grigs who has a lazy reputation unless he truly sees some amazing potential in him.

Yep. In the show they were also saying Price hasn't done anything. I know its not the NHL, but winning the World Juniors and being an all-star should count for something.

Price or Ward are the best we have IMHO

Red_Man

Price or Ward are the best we have IMHO
For sure, it all depends on how much either progresses / digresses in the next couple years, and if Ward remains as the main goalie for Canada in the WC he has a great chance to show what he has. I don't know how any international coach can be confident in Lou or Fleury with the way they have played in big games the past few years.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For sure, it all depends on how much either progresses / digresses in the next couple years, and if Ward remains as the main goalie for Canada in the WC he has a great chance to show what he has. I don't know how any international coach can be confident in Lou or Fleury with the way they have played in big games the past few years.

You do realise that Luongo won a gold medal in 2010, right? :D Also, Luongo played extremely well last regular season AND last postseason, aside from a few games. He also played really well these first two games... the team in front of him just sucked.

Joe

Soooo the NYI got the 4th pick this year, is this supposed to be a good draft class?

The isles have had the 4th pick 3 other times and got clark gillies, scott lachance, and roberto luongo....not bad.

Socreges

Banned
NOT YET

You do realise that Luongo won a gold medal in 2010, right? :D Also, Luongo played extremely well last regular season AND last postseason, aside from a few games. He also played really well these first two games... the team in front of him just sucked.
Detractors say that Canada won "despite" Luongo, which I can't understand. Luongo had a .927% over his 5 games and had some game savers in the biggest games. He was great.

I wouldn't bother trying to make a case for Luongo. With the amount of ink he gets, people can't help but see him as some sort of cancer. But I'd sooner trust him in net than Ward or Price or whoever. But it's a meaingless conversation. The Olympics are two years away.

Erdrick

While Luongo has been forever ruined in my eyes after the amount of goals he let in last years' playoffs (Yes, I am aware the team in front of him hung him out to dry, see any number of Jets/Pens games this past season for more examples of goalie abandonment.) Luongo WAS extremely solid in my eyes during the last Olympics. He'd still be a viable choice in my eyes for the Olympics.

But it's still early to tell for such things. That being said, I really look forward to the Olympics and the hockey that will result. Last time was just so intense and entertaining to watch.

Erdrick

I have to say, I did not think that the Red Wings would be the first team to go and be eliminated this year.

Top Bottom