• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
OlzzX.gif
Wasn't there rumors throughout this entire year he was going to get fired? Really glad to have the coaching shit out of the way, so frustrating to have to deal with.

Wasn't there rumors throughout this entire year he was going to get fired? Really glad to have the coaching shit out of the way, so frustrating to have to deal with.

Not so much rumors. Just hopes and dreams of avs fans. I've wanted a proven coach ever since we committed to 'not rebuilding' through drafting. I just think that the guys would be improving at a much more accelerated rate with someone experienced behind the bench. That said, considering what we have (and the massive amounts of injuries we had in 2010-2011) Sacco has done an ok job. We could have worse. Somehow.

That's what I'm telling myself.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck you.

Hard to really defend the booing of Joffrey Lupul... then again, everyone on the Leafs deserves to be booed. It's a team game, after all. Still, tough to see one of the Leafs' best players get that kind of treatment.

It's been a tough here. Leaf fans are angry, and rightfully so.

Bah.

It only adds to the stupidity of the fanbase. Let's boo Lupul but let's not forget we gave a standing ovation to the Leafs winning the last home game of the year.

Solo

How MyMockDraft sees the Top 5:

untitled4ordn.jpg

Can't see Columbus taking Grigs or Murray sliding to 4th, but it does give us Galch, so I'll take it!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Montreal has contacted Detroit about Jim Nil...

As of now I'm hoping for Galchenyuk but I've been reading a bit about Forsberg...I wouldn't be too angry if we end up taking him.

Montresor

Bah.

It only adds to the stupidity of the fanbase. Let's boo Lupul but let's not forget we gave a standing ovation to the Leafs winning the last home game of the year.

Well I won't fault fans at the ACC for giving a standing ovation to their team after winning in overtime against Stamkos. But in the grand scheme of things this is a team that played a worthless season and deserves to get jeered.

To play devil's advocate: those fans might have been booing the Leafs organization as a whole, not Lupul specifically. That still doesn't excuse legitimate Leaf fans abusing Lupul like that. Pretty sad. And besides, there are probably a lot of Jays fans that aren't Leafs fans. We probably had loads of mouth-breathers who have no vested interest in the Leafs booing their lungs off.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No Gal or Grig and worse case is Isle take Forsberg and we'd have to take another D or a later ranked forward.

Draft day and the crazy deals can't come so on enough. Can I still wish for TO to sign Praise? :(

Montresor

No Gal or Grig and worse case is Isle take Forsberg and we'd have to take another D or a later ranked forward.

Draft day and the crazy deals can't come so on enough. Can I still wish for TO to sign Praise? :(

I'd love to get either Dumba or Murray. The Leafs have many needs... just because that #1 centre is so alluring doesn't mean we should forget that the Leafs organization, almost from top to bottom, is pure shit. I'll gladly add an elite defenseman onto our team if we can't get Galchenyuk.

Also, Joey Crabb was added to the US team for the World Cup! Nice job. I liked his play as a bottom-sixer this year.

Red_Man

Detroit hasn't allowed any teams to speak with Jim Nill so I doubt that goes anywhere.
Not to sound all high and mighty, but if he is going to leave Detroit, it would be for a historical franchise like Montreal. I still don't think it happens, but a guy can dream.

Also I'll be pissed if Toronto takes Dumba, I don't want to have to play against a Toronto version of Subban, and he has a lot of star potential. I wish there was a way to grab him along with Galchenyuk / Grigorenko.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
TSN had a story about Montreal looking at Hextall and Robatille GM and coach. Hextall in the Montreal organization would be pretty weird.

Red_Man

Nill told RDS he's not interest in the GM position :( looks like it's going to be Brisebois sooner then later

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel like he should've been gone a season ago, but that's just from an outsider's perspective on the team.

I'm curious to see if Calgary has finally realized they need to rebuild their team, or they will bring in someone new to continue to fight for just missing the playoffs.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:lol Jean Chretien to be Habs GM confirmed.
Canadian politics inside joke in case anyone's wondering who JC is....

I was gonna make a "but only his left side of the face is french" but then... eh... well w/e.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Francois Allaire is apparently gonna retire...

hYYxz.gif

Maybe he'll coach Price in Mtl? :D

Not sure if this really helps our cause. It's not like he's a freakin miracle worker who can turn a regular goalie into Brodeur; we needed to give him the right kind of goalie to work with.

I also don't pin it entirely on him. I recall Toskalol playing well in San Jose since he had a better defensive system and cast around him. Kipper also plays well since Calgary focused a lot on defense.

Quick

Banned

Not sure if this really helps our cause. It's not like he's a freakin miracle worker who can turn a regular goalie into Brodeur; we needed to give him the right kind of goalie to work with.

I also don't pin it entirely on him. I recall Toskalol playing well in San Jose since he had a better defensive system and cast around him. Kipper also plays well since Calgary focused a lot on defense.

I haven't and won't blame Allaire alone for our goalie troubles. Leafs Nation is looking for any person to blame. If the team had lost any further, I'd imagine the custodial staff at the ACC would be on the fans' shit list next. I really feel like there's more to it than just a goalie coach or the coaching staff in general.

Justin Pogge was tapped to be our goalie of the future, nope!
Toskala was supposed to take over the starting job from Raycroft, nope!
Gustavsson was The Monster goalie that was gonna take over Toskala and Giguere, nope!
Reimer was the second coming, Optimus Reim, Preim Minister, new future goalie, not quite yet!

I'm worried at what may happen to Scrivens, Owuya, and Rynnas with the shit luck we seem to have with goaltenders recently. We're slowly becoming the new goalie graveyard. We've inherited the Canucks' goalie curse.

Looks like there's a decent chance that Forsberg, Grigorenko, and Galchenyuk will be gone by the Leafs pick. Murray is good, but I want a forward. Columbus better take Murray. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

The knock it seemed people had on Allaire was that he would force his style on our young goalies who played nothing close to his style. If he does retire we may get a guy who can at least adapt and play to our goalies and their strengths.

Top Bottom