• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2K5 Online Season: LeagueName = "LastCallLeague" / Password = "pass" SIGN UP NOW!

DMczaf

Konex made the league

Name: GANHL1

Password: espn

Here are the teams that were confirmed, so go on XBL and signup with your team!

1. Malakhov, Montreal Canadiens (Confirmed)
2. Mike Works
91550551.gif
, Tampa Bay Lightning VANCOUVER'S TRUE CHAMPION
3. Matrixadw, Dallas Stars (Confirmed)
4. Che Guevara (Fifty), Los Angeles Kings (Confirmed)
5. College Dropout, Pittsburgh Penguins
6. DMczaf, Anaheim Mighty Ducks (Confirmed)
7. cloudy, Philadelphia Flyers (Confirmed)
8. FrenchMovieTheme, Boston Bruins
9. Cmdr Solrak, Chicago Blackhawks
10. Malleymal, New York Rangers (Confirmed)
11. Dopeyfish, Toronto Maple Leafs (Confirmed)
12. CHEATY McCHEATFACE MGEE, Vancouver Canucks :D (Confirmed)
13. Ramirez, Phoenix Coyotes (Confirmed)
14. Fight for Freeform, Detroit Red Wings
15. Marty Chinn, San Jose Sharks (Confirmed)
16. Rodriguez, Buffalo Sabres (Confirmed)

Ramirez

First I gotta drive a fucking hour and a half after class tomorrow to get a copy...

You know how hard it is to find a fuckin NHL game in Kentucky upon release?!? :p

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Mike, I'll be on tomorrow evening and most of the day Saturday. Hopefully I can complete a game without crashing. :\

bishoptl said:
Mike, I'll be on tomorrow evening and most of the day Saturday. Hopefully I can complete a game without crashing. :\
Sounds good. I thought my internet was fixed, as I played 3 whole games against people, but when I started playing against DM it started fucking up. I've called Telus 3 days in a row now, so it better be fixed by the weekend.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
hey guys, quick question... i am confirmed and all, but playing this game, I have learned to like the St louis Blues... does anyone have them? if not, I want those guys they seem like fun... thanks.....

to wrap it all up, basically... give me the blues

Maverick

Hey just a heads up...My EB is currently sold out and will be getting their copies in tomorrow in the afternoon. Sorry I haven't signed in yet.

Reserve a place for......THE GREAT ONE (c)

41-0 baby! UNBEATABLE!

Fifty

Use the black button....or whatever button it is to search for the league and then enter the name in.

Man, I've had to hear so much shit from Maverick over the past year about how awesome he is at NHL. I would honestly give up a whole day of my life if it guaranteed a lopsided victory over his smarmy ass.

You never played me, chump!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i was -this- close to going to beat maverick... and he got a crazy flukey goal with a few seconds left to go therefore tying the game and he ended up winning in OT. that so deserves a rematch :p

for those that can't access the link above:

Offical League Rules

General Information:
- The season is 26 games long becase we have 20 players and after 18, 26 was the next option.

- HOF difficulty

- 5 minute periods

- Trades On

- Fights turned waaaay down from the default setting

- 8 playoff teams with best of 3 series (7 seemed a bit much)

Rules
- You have 5 days to play your games each week. After that, a forfeit will be given. If both players are MIA, I'll flip a coin.

- Try to keep it as sim as possible. If you know any exploits or glitches that can be used as cheese, let me know and I'll explicitly list them here.

- If a game is disconnected for any reason, it has to be played at least 2 more times before a forfeit will be given.

- Try not to wait till the last minute to play your games and keep your opponent informed via the messageboards or AIM. Everyone has real life obligations but deadbeats/no shows ruin this for the rest of us.

Post-league game Update:
Sometimes, the game will freeze at the "Reporting Results" screen. Don't panic. Just let it do it's thing and the game will usually report.

Do NOT turn off your xbox at this screen. There is a queue which reports league games and depending on the league server traffic, it may be backed up.

Just don't do anything until the game reports or you're kicked back to the lobby or menu screen (this is rare). Even if you are kicked, the game might still record so just be patient.

If it records but doesn't show on the website, don't worry as it can take up to 20 minutes to show up.

Suggestions and tweaks to these rules are welcome in the messageboards :)

Cmdr. Solrak said:
Suggestions and tweaks to these rules are welcome in the messageboards

- HOF difficulty

- Fights turned waaaay down from the default setting

Is there any chance these could be altered (HOF -> Pro and fighting to 0% on the slider)?

I agree with the fight slider being down to 0

In my game with Bish...he had the fight slider down to 0 and the game still managed to make us go through 3-5 fight sequences.

edit: typo

Cmdr. Solrak said:
I agree with the fight slider beong down to 0

In my game with Bish...he had the fight slider down to 0 and the game still managed to make us go through 3-5 fight sequences.
I just don't get the whole agression meter thing though. If you throw your weight around and really punish the other team, you get rewarded by... them starting the fight? Where's the fucking incentive there?

For 2K6, they should make it that the higher the "agression" level one team has, the more likely they are to take a Bertuzzian penalty or at least have it affect the fatigue of a guy who gets crushed along the boards.

Ramirez

Damn,me and Konie just played an awesome game...1-0 in 5 OT's,lmao!

He had 78 shots and I had 77 :p Not bad for my first game of hockey in like 3 years :p

Cloudy

Banned
Is there any chance these could be altered (HOF -> Pro and fighting to 0% on the slider)?

Pro is a bit of a scorefest IMO. HOF w/ 2 human players is just fine I think. Hell, Matrix and I had a 10-2 game in HOF yesterday so I don't think it's that hard to score :lol

I left the fights on the lowest option from 0 cos I thought some folks like the fights for the speed burst thing but I'll move it to 0 if nobody wants it. I've found that Allstar and HOF give the most realistic stats so if people are really agains HOF, I'll change that. Thing is, the tourney was HOF as well and there were two 5-1 games. Try playing HOF with human players and see how you like it...

Fuck, this is 2 games in a row now where Dopey and I have been booted out of our game. Sega better fucking fix this shit by the time we get the league started.

DopeyFish

serious, i was liking my flukey 1 goal advantage :(

whats messed up is my buddy and i who live like 1 km from each other and ping like a good 5 ms between each other... we both have the best rogers/sympatico internet services and yet... we haven't been able to get past the 2nd period... that's messed up.

Cloudy

Banned
Are you guys getting a "Network Error" message when you get booted? If not, unfortunately it's not the servers. If it's just doing the countdown, one of you is disconnecting. Why not post on the espnvideogames.com messageboards and the admins there can help....

1) That goal was fucking WEAK, stupid ass deflection.

2) Yeah, we get the network error thing where it goes UNREGISTERING and then gives you the message and boots you back to the lobby.

I'll add you to my list and see if we can get through a game, Konex.

DopeyFish

its network error, not countdown.. it automatically kills the game... yet... you can still talk to each other...

it's messed up. it's got nothing to do with either connection... this is just a very lousy software design

Cloudy

Banned
I haven't seen that in 15 games of NHL. I'll log on now and try to play one of ya :)

Also, if either of you is on a router, try forwarding port 3074....

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah, I see it dropped me. My first drop in any ESPN game this year o_O

PS: I played Mike right after that with no problems. Weird. We can try again after I play Solrak ...

PS2: gg Mike. I got OWNED

You didn't get owned that bad, you scored!

EVEN THOUGH THAT PLAY WAS OFFSIDEDLFHKSDJFHJK

calm blue ocean

Also, bish and I just tried playing 3 fucking games, got booted 3 fucking times. Longest we made it was like halfway through the first period. I'd ask EA to buy SEGA so we could get some smooth fucking servers, but they'd just wipe out Visual Concepts and then we wouldn't get a good hockey game, so I don't know what the fuck to do.

FightyF

Banned
Sorry I can't confirm yet since the Wireless network device is being used in another part of the house, I'll try tomorow night.

MIKE WORKS REPORTING IN AS THE TAMPA BULLSHIT LIGHTNING DUE TO A BULLSHIT FUCKING OT GOAL VERSUS A BULLSHIT BLACK MAN WHO WILL PROBABLY LOSE ALL HIS GAMES TO KONEX

MOTHER FUCKER

Top Bottom