• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals 2016 |OT| Juicy Big Dick Hot Doggin' Commies with Bad Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
I don't watch hockey much, but I always love it when the Penguins reach the Stanley Cup. Let's go, Pens!

GRIP

Will the Pens start Murray again for the finals?

That Pavelski line will destroy him

I didn't see that, but that is pretty cool. Dupuis has always seemed like a stand up guy.

It's Murray and there shouldn't even be a question about it. I've always liked MAF, but I think his days in Pittsburgh are numbered. Don't see how you ride your back up throughout the entire playoffs, get to the finals, and then go back to your veteran that has had consistency issues throughout his career.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Will be rooting for the Sharks to finally win a cup. Go them.

Also here's the wall of shame for the NHL playoffs OT, as requested by Line_HTX:

Nobody in the top 5 made it past the first round. I tell you what, that's a love of hockey. These shrks and these Peens don't deserve to taste the Cup.

That being said, the shrks will bring the Cup back home to the land of gold.

(I have no idea why my phone keeps autocorrecting "Sharks" to "shrks" but I'm going to roll with it.

Line_HTX

Nobody in the top 5 made it past the first round. I tell you what, that's a love of hockey. These shrks and these Peens don't deserve to taste the Cup.

That being said, the shrks will bring the Cup back home to the land of gold.

(I have no idea why my phone keeps autocorrecting "Sharks" to "shrks" but I'm going to roll with it.

I could imagine you saying that with some kind of Californian accent, lol

Velcro Fly

love the pens and want them to win obviously

but if they have to lose to someone from the west the Sharks are probably the best case scenario

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sharks are probably the most likeable Finals team since the 2010 finals.

Murray for sure. Any Pens fan who thinks differently for game 1 hasn't been paying attention. The thing is, it doesn't really matter. He just needs to be "good enough" with how the Pens team in front of him plays and closes the gaps.
True, but Pens haven't faced any lines like the Sharks top lines or their depth. Murray was very weak in this round, I think the Sharks will expose him.

So tempted to fly into Pitt for Game 1 lol. Probably better for my wallet that I don't, and plus don't really know too many Pen fans IRL ha. Either way lets gooooo Pens.

GRIP

Sharks are probably the most likeable Finals team since the 2010 finals.

True, but Pens haven't faced any lines like the Sharks top lines or their depth. Murray was very weak in this round, I think the Sharks will expose him.

Ehh.. I'd say Washington's top lines were pretty damn good. I do think SJ has more depth than Washington, but lets not act like the Pens haven't faced some insanely talented teams so far.

Edit: And I'd also add that San Jose hasn't faced a team with the kind of speed that the Pens have.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Will be rooting for the Sharks to finally win a cup. Go them.

Also here's the wall of shame for the NHL playoffs OT, as requested by Line_HTX:

Everybody in the top 6 eliminated by the end of the first round. :D

I desperately want the Sharks to win this, but I have to go with what my gut is telling me, which is Penguins in 6. :/

Montresor

We need San Jose to win. First ever Finals appearance for them and it would be the first ever Cup win if they can do it.

HERE COME THE STREET SHARKS

tumblr_m01xgpgN7l1qkwvfmo1_250.gif

giphy.gif

Jumbo has been waiting for so long.

I'm so glad we don't have Chicago,LA or Tampa in a cup final this year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Edit: And I'd also add that San Jose hasn't faced a team with the kind of speed that the Pens have.
This is true, and the main x factor in me being unable to pick a favourite of the two.

I desperately want the Sharks to win this, but I have to go with what my gut is telling me, which is Penguins in 6. :/
Really? I really want the Sharks to win, but they're such different teams, It's hard for me to pick one against the other. Pens in 6 seems a bit much, I expect it to go 7.

Acid08

Banned
This is true, and the main x factor in me being unable to pick a favourite of the two.

Really? I really want the Sharks to win, but they're such different teams, It's hard for me to pick one against the other. Pens in 6 seems a bit much, I expect it to go 7.
They're honestly not that much different though. They both play a similar style. This is going to come down to who executes that style better....and I think the Sharks are going to do it.

I think we have the edge on defense. Pens have the edge on forwards. The goalies are pretty even I think, though Murray wasn't anything special against the Bolts.

Should be a great series, and I think Sharks will come out on top. Olympic diver Couture doesn't deserve shit, but it's what will happen.

Metalmarc

Woahhhh only became a fan of Hockey 3yrs ago when I started a thread on here asking if I should start watching NHL, and decided to follow the Pens and now it's the first time I get to experience them in the Finals, hard as I r s been to follow (some games are 1-4am British time when I have to be up for work at 6am) looks like these will be 5pm local or 10/11pm britsh, so I'll try to watch as many as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom