• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals 2016 |OT| Juicy Big Dick Hot Doggin' Commies with Bad Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Phil the Thrill vs Big Joe

What's a guy to do

Fucking do it Sharks!

I honestly think the Pens defense and goaltending is going to have their work cut out for them considering how much offense the Sharks can produce.

yuraya

Such a boring match up.

Its a shame the Hawks and Caps got eliminated. That would have been so much better. Oh well.

Pens in 6

Pens should sweep with halfway decent officiating.

Otherwise, great good vs evil match. You have Pittsburgh, probably the most likable team in the entire league, vs the most detestable team in league history.

Such a boring match up.

Its a shame the Hawks and Caps got eliminated. That would have been so much better. Oh well.

Pens in 6

Blackhawks would make everything worse. It's finally time someone else won a cup. I'm sick of the Blackhawks in the final every year.

Solo

Shorks vs Pens......the finals no one saw coming (and no one wanted) back in October. Hmm....fuck both these teams, but fuck the Shorks less because they have 0 Cups and Jumbo Joe and no Fraudsby.

Sharks in 6.

EDIT: also, fucking awful scheduling. Let's drag out this final round of a 2 month slogfest of a postseason even further by adding in an extra day between Games 2, 4, 5, and 6. Ridiculous.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Let's Go Pens
Go to hell and tell me when PJ Dungeons is coming out, kas!
NON-BISH MOD ALERT
Opule-
I don't care who wins, but congratulations to the Shorks for making their first Final.
....Bish is the best mod ever...!

This is a tough call for me. I like Reimer and Kessel and Kessel has certainly been a bigger part of their run than Reimer, but Reimer is such good guy. Plus the Sharks do have a lot of good ol Ontario boys and they got a big dick going for them, which is nice.

The Pens on the other hand seemed to have come back from the grave after their coaching change and have given up quite a few picks and prospects to get where to the final dance too.

Fuck it. Acid deserves a team win a Cup. Sharks to sweep!

kingslunk

I don't get why teams don't pick up the conference trophies. If both teams don't touch it. One team still loses. Superstitions some times are so dumb ...

I will say this: both teams have been pleasant surprises in the playoffs. People probably wrote off both of these teams in the first round, but here we are.

I still believe that Kings vs Sharks in the first round was the best playoff series in 2016 so far.

Line_HTX

I will say this: both teams have been pleasant surprises in the playoffs. People probably wrote off both of these teams in the first round, but here we are.

I still believe that Kings vs Sharks in the first round was the best playoff series in 2016 so far.

Mhmm, sure was with no puck control.

Alucard

Banned
A little salt for your Friday morning.

3aWte9v.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Huh? You sure we're talking about the same Penguins? The team that the Islanders deliberately threw their final game of the season to avoid? The team that won their first round series by a combined score of 21-8? Those Penguins?

Calamari41

41 > 38
I thought Kessel was the guy holding the Leafs back this whole time? Is he really going to con his way to lifting the Stanley Cup?

Will the Pens start Murray again for the finals?

That Pavelski line will destroy him

I didn't see that, but that is pretty cool. Dupuis has always seemed like a stand up guy.

You have to start Murray, no question about it. He came back huge for them in Game 6 and stood fucking tall in Game 7. And lets not forget the work he did against the Capitals.

Sid touched it, Pavs didn't.

Sharks have waited 25 years, go SJ.

Lemieux touched it both years
Sid didn't touch it in 2008, they lost. Touched it in 2009, they won.

Futureman

As a Pens fan, I'd say there's WAYYYY less hate these days for the Pens then what was being spewed in our Cup runs of '08 and '09.

Everyone HATED Crosby back then. I think most people respect him now as the most accomplished, handsome and delightful hockey player of all time.

Pejo

I am from the Pittsburgh area, just moved to SF area about 2 years ago. Have always been a Sharks fan. (based my team choices off of best logos/team name as a kid and stuck with it).

This is my ideal matchup. All my friends are Pens fans so this is going to be an intense series.

GO SHARKS!

Will the Pens start Murray again for the finals?

That Pavelski line will destroy him

I didn't see that, but that is pretty cool. Dupuis has always seemed like a stand up guy.
You're really asking who the starting goalie is? Are you ESPN?
Poor Jeff Zatkoff doesn't even get listed. He better be around when they're doing the cup engraving or he might be forgotten

Or is it a final game and not just a playoff game? I get those types of rules confused
Not sure if this was answered but it should only be cup finals that count towards it sadly.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Yinz know that Penguins have knees?
Code:
[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_W80ObqO3YRw/TBKgvyh08TI/AAAAAAAAGz4/15hBD2IaQNk/s1600/X-RAY+KNEES+SIDE+VIEW.JPG[/IMG]

As a Pens fan, I'd say there's WAYYYY less hate these days for the Pens then what was being spewed in our Cup runs of '08 and '09.

Everyone HATED Crosby back then. I think most people respect him now as the most accomplished, handsome and delightful hockey player of all time.

I live in the NY metro areas, tons and tons of fans around here still refer to him as "Sid the Bitch" or "Cindy Crosby" or whatever you want. Rangers, Flyers and Bruins fans still absolutely loath him. I tend to notice though that these fans are more on the diehard team fan than say a hockey fan, if that makes sense.

People who still refer to Sid as a crybaby/whiner just baffle me. He's a captain, he's supposed to be out there talking to refs and asking. You know who else talks, ahem, whines to refs? Ovi, Toews, Hank and literally any other player on the ice playing at an elite level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom