• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GA No Limit Holdem Poker Tournament! Sign Up Here!

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
IMPORTANT: READ WHAT'S UNDER THE QUOTE

I'm going to try to get a GA only poker tournament going here. To see whos the supreme master of poker on these boards. If you want to play in it first follow this link ( http://www.pokerstars.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi ) to download the pokerstars.com poker software.

After that sign up for an account, make sure you use a real email address because you have to validate you account. Once thats done you can press Cashier in the Lobby screen of the poker software and get 1000 free play chips.

How the tournament will work will depend on how many players we get. If its less than 10 people we will just have a single table game, if its more we will split it up and have like the top 3 from each table to form the final table. Whatever money you win at the first tabels will be transfered to the final table once there are 3. Everyone will start with exactly 1000 chips. Make sure you have 1000 chips in your play money acccount come the day of the tournament. NO RE BUY INS.

Now then. You can sign up until midnight of July 14. Thats Tommorow. So almost exactly 24 hours from now we should have the final poker roster. The game will take place on Thursday at 11:00pm. All these times are mountain time. I would suggest you take some practice runs through the game to make sure you know how it works and stuff. Also if you run out of chips clikc on the dealer in a game and click add more chips. Of course you wont be allowed to add more chips in the tournament. You start with a 1000 and thats all you get to play.

Now everyone make an account and post your user name here.

ONE MORE THING: NO CHEATING! LIKE TELLING SOMEONE YOUR HAND OVER MSN. IM ON TO YOU!
pic1.jpg

Okay everyone there's been a change of plans.. SORRY. I don't think Pokerstars would work for sucha big tournament, because if we do get a table.. people from outside GA will probably keep joining and mess up our game.

However, pokerroom.com allows private tables for no limit. So everyone please sign up at pokerroom.com. This is the program I used to use all the time, its pretty nice and much better looking than pokerstars anyways.

To download the software: http://downloads.pokerroom.com/p4wi/NetInstallPokerRoom4.exe

Please use the same name you had for pokerstars... if u need to change it tell me.
One important note about pokerroom.com is that they only allow you to replenish your 1000 play chips twice a day I beleive. So becareful with your money come tournament day.

Players List:
Hitman - infusion*
Raoul Duke - 12thMonkey*
DMczaf - DMczaf*
calder - Teddy GAF*
Bigjonsson -Bigjonsson
Marty Chinn - Darknight16*
Thaedolus - luckyoutlaw
Eminem - angrygodofje*
Artificial Meat - curiously*
SystemShark - SystemShark*
Cyan - CyanGA*
Wasabiking - Wasabiking*
Poody - Epinephrine
MASB - MASB*
mac - mac and me*
Mister Zimbu - MisterZimbu*
Kettch - Kettch*
Lathentar - Lathentar
McLesterolBeast - Abbaddabba
Cerebral Palsy - Dead Money 0*
Felidae_Khrall - Felidae_K*
Bob White - Bob.White*
Comfort_Eagle - Pthagonal*
El Papa - ShadyGambino*
RedDwarf - RedDwarfGA*
dem - demzor*
tmdorsey - tmdorsey*
Chesapeake Silt - SlitGAF*

*=confirmed changed software

calder

I'm sorta in - I can't commit until I know if I'm going to be available Thursday but I signed up as caldermuyo. I'll figure out if I'm going to be home for the game tomorrow.

Hitman

Cyan said:
I'm in. Pokerstars nick is Cyan.

Gotta say, having only played a few hands on this one, the system is much less intuitive than PartyPoker. Options aren't bad, but I just prefer PartyPoker.

Oh yeah... is mountain time an hour different from Pacific Time? I can never keep time zones straight.

Yeh.. the partypoker system is better. it's the one i play at most, but i think getting a tournament going on pokerstars would be easier.

MASB

I'm in. I'll be MASB.

And just to make sure I have the times right, Thursday 11PM would be Friday 1AM for Eastern time zone right?

I'm in...DJ Demon J. I've watched enough Celebrity Poker over the past few weeks; I'd better do well. :(

Edit: Wait, 11PM Mountain Time? Fuck that. Some of us have to work! :mad:

Kettch

My poker experience consists of watching the world series last year, but I'll give it a try. Pokerstars name is Kettch.

Actually, i just lost some... im thinking i might have to make a new account. If i make a new one, it'll be the same name as the one im posting with.

edit: scratch that, ive got triple the chips now

tmdorsey

Damn that's going to be 1 a.m on the East Coast and I have to work the next morning. :| I want to play but that's alittle late.

OK, am I right in thinking that 11pm Mountain time = 1am Pacific daylight time ? IF it does, I'll play too.

I won the Yahoo pool tournament, and I expect to take first place in this contest much the same way.

(by hitting all of you over the head with my cue.........)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
CONSIDER ME IN....... KNOWWWWWWWWWWW WHEN TO HOLD EM , KNOWWW WHEN TO FOLLLLLD EM

I will create a name and all later

Felidae_Khrall said:
OK, am I right in thinking that 11pm Mountain time = 1am Pacific daylight time ? IF it does, I'll play too.

10 PM PDT

If anything, if you're below 1000, just lose them all, go back to the cashier, and they'll give you another 1000. You can only do it 3 times per hour though...

How will the blinds schedule happen? Since we're playing on public tables, we have no way of increasing the stakes... do we? Will we even be increasing blinds and/or stakes?

Hitman

HOLY CRAP theres alot of people signed up. I did'nt add all the ones with unconfirmed account names yet neither. So make sure u get those accoutn names posted those who said you wanted to play.

There's been some questions about how we are going to get this game going. Pokerstars does'nt seem to allow hosting of tournaments unless its for real money. So how it will work is we will all join an empty play money poker table and when we get there we will all go in "Sit Out" mode until everyone gets in the game. Once all 10 players assigned to that particular table is there we can start the game. The stakes can't be raised.. so i'm counting on some wild play from forum members to get the game moving alittle faster... :p

Marty Chinn said:
We used to do $5 buy in, 10 cent ante. That would last all night usually.

How would we do this? there's a $50 buy in min. on the game for real chips. I don't feel like spending $50 on poker right now personally.

Hitman

Okay everyone there's been a change of plans.. SORRY. I don't think Pokerstars would work for sucha big tournament, because if we do get a table.. people from outside GA will probably keep joining and mess up our game.

However, pokerroom.com allows private tables for no limit. So everyone please sign up at pokerroom.com. This is the progra I used to use all the time, its pretty nice and much better looking than pokerstars anyways.

To download the software: http://downloads.pokerroom.com/p4wi/NetInstallPokerRoom4.exe

Please use the same name you had for pokerstars... if u need to change it tell me.

I was thinking for the stakes situation if we enforce a minimum bet that increases. Have whoever's running the tournament keep a timer (stakes raise every 15 minutes or something?) and IM one person at each table about it. It could work :p.

Pokerroom supports Java as well, so any Mac people that wanna play can join the tourney :p.

Triumph

Banned
*sigh*

I'm already signed up as 12thMonkey on pokerroom.com. Yup, I'm addicted to Tejas Hold Em. I'm playing in a charity tournament this Saturday in Hotlanta. I could win an ipod!

Hitman

tmdorsey said:
I think you shoud change the start time. Give us East Coasters at least a 12 a.m. start time.

I might have to work till 10pm that day. Besides its too much trouble to change stuff now. There are already to many who have agreed to the 11pm mountain start time. There will be more tounreys.. just wait for those. Sorry it could'nt accomodate everyone but if i keep chaning times this tourney will never get off the ground.

And just so everyone sees this on the new page:

However, pokerroom.com allows private tables for no limit. So everyone please sign up at pokerroom.com. This is the progra I used to use all the time, its pretty nice and much better looking than pokerstars anyways.

To download the software: http://downloads.pokerroom.com/p4wi...lPokerRoom4.exe

calder

I should be able to make it tomorrow, and I'll change to the new software when I get home.

It's all good, I was thinking of all these cool gambling nicks I want today. :D I'm sure 99.999% are already taken, but I should be able to find something more pokeresque than caldermuyo. fatstackmuyo maybe. ;)

Top Bottom