• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k15: Missing A Lot Of Match Types (Ladder, 3/4 Man TLC/Cage/Table, Handicap)

RyanLaFalce

Neo Member
I'll still be picking it up as it's an easy workaround for universe mode. I won't be able to play those matches, but that's ok for now. Kinda sad though and it's probably the reason why YouTubers haven't said anything negative about it. (They're probably paid too)

I'm hoping for a huge day 1 patch that adds in those matches though.

Only real staying power this game will have is solely on the back of it being the only current generation wrestling game in the market and we'll see how far that carries them until 2K16.

I'll still be picking it up as it's an easy workaround for universe mode. I won't be able to play those matches, but that's ok for now. Kinda sad though and it's probably the reason why YouTubers haven't said anything negative about it. (They're probably paid too)

I'm hoping for a huge day 1 patch that adds in those matches though.

Don't count on a huge day 1 patch.

I don't think the youtubers have been paid. Some of them have been quite honest about the frustrations they had with some modes being cut this year.

The people that I've spoken to that picked it up on Friday and are playing it on the weekend seem to be largely enjoying it although we all agree the cuts are disappointing.

RyanLaFalce

Neo Member
Don't count on a huge day 1 patch.

I don't think the youtubers have been paid. Some of them have been quite honest about the frustrations they had with some modes being cut this year.

The people that I've spoken to that picked it up on Friday and are playing it on the weekend seem to be largely enjoying it although we all agree the cuts are disappointing.

It's still very possible though, but also maybe not since they haven't announced it. :(

It's still very possible though, but also maybe not since they haven't announced it. :(

I don't think I've ever seen a content patch for one of these games.

They would have mentioned it since they need to generate some goodwill with the fanbase right now.

Does anyone have a screencap of the Four Man/Tag Menu? I haven't seen anything yet.

Joeki11a

Banned
who cares?

This is setting up the core foundation
the match types can be added next year

NBA 2K14 had alot of missing things also
compared to the PS3 version

Is this Bobo Vaders alternate account?
stop hating the game, people at yukes and 2k are in a new transition, let them settle in

This gen is only 1 years old, why you asking for this to have everything?, just be glad people have jobs making this for you.

iMax

ibc0BsKiI93Rzb.gif

I can live without Cage Matches (still don't know why they're a thing) ...but the rest? Hell naw.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I feel dirty for just having this game preordered at some point. Glad I canceled.

Hasney

who cares?

stop hating the game, people at yukes and 2k are in a new transition, let them settle in

This gen is only 1 years old, why you asking for this to have everything?, just be glad people have jobs making this for you.

cm-punk-john-cena-wwe-backstage-11.gif

This reads like a joke post in the context of this thread. I've said all along, I expected modes to be cut, but some of this is ridiculous. Someone from 2k has to explain why they couldn't get 3 or 4 way TLC/ladder matches working, but 6 man ladder matches are fine. Or why Triple Threat/Fatal Four Way cage matches are out, but they can do the whole elimination chamber? It doesn't make sense apart from purposefully taking these out purely to add next year.

who cares?

This guy has been hilarious. I'm not sure if serious.

I think this kind of thing is acceptable IF and ONLY IF the core of the game has been so thoroughly revamped and improved that they are in a position where they have to add all the old stuff back in over time.

But I kind of doubt this is the case. Or maybe 10+ years of extremely underwhelming wrestling games has just made me cynical.

Hasney

I think this kind of thing is acceptable IF and ONLY IF the core of the game has been so thoroughly revamped and improved that they are in a position where they have to add all the old stuff back in over time.

But I kind of doubt this is the case. Or maybe 10+ years of extremely underwhelming wrestling games has just made me cynical.

From what I've seen in the videos, the stamina has helped the match flow, but most other things look the same bar some mini-games. If anything else bugged you in the old games, it's likely to be the same.

No DQ toggle doesn't really matter now since we have No Holds Barred and Extreme Rules matches which are the same thing.

WWE actually has three or four match types that are the exact same match. No Holds Barred, Extreme Rules, Street Fight and No DQ are the same damn match. So that's technically in there. There's also Falls Count Anywhere but that technically has a separate stipulation.

Like I mentioned before. 1 on 1 ladder matches are in, they're just called TLC. At this point Ladder Match = TLC for the WWE.

No three way Tornado Tag TLC matches hurt a lot if we can't select them. Edge and Christian vs. The Dudleys vs. The Hardys recreations are something I love to do.

Two out of three falls matches are something I would love to do as well. I would argue that three stages of hell should be a match type. I think selecting three matches and just having them play out back-to-back would be great.

Hasney

No DQ not being in as a toggle really hurts though, I like just turning weapons on but keeping countout to get through some of my Universe stuff.

Without match creator, we're also missing finisher matches, elimination 3/4 way dances (although elimination TAG and Chamber are still in) and non over the top rope battle royals.

No DQ not being in as a toggle really hurts though, I like just turning weapons on but keeping countout to get through some of my Universe stuff.

Without match creator, we're also missing finisher matches, elimination 3/4 way dances (although elimination TAG and Chamber are still in) and non over the top rope battle royals.

Yeah, I am kind of worried that the huge sandbox element of the last few games is something they are pulling away from this year. Everything seemed to have a toggle in 2k14 while now everything is a little more streamlined with less choice. They should reconsider that and just let the players build their own match types.

I was just watching a great triple threat, cage, iron man match from 2k14. That kind of customization needs to return.

Hasney

Our favourite match type in DoR2 is the four way last man standing matches. I've been really shocked they've not brought those back.

Hasney

Match pace may have been removed, can only pick momentum speed in the character select screen.

Looking closer at some of them, there is something in options called "match", so I'm really hoping match creator is there. Pretty dumb you can't do it after selecting a match/type character if that is the case though. Would really affect going from one match to the next.

BTW do we know wha the situation is with move lists when it comes to CAWs? I already heard that there is only one entrance that isn't from one of the WWE guys.

That is the case with entrances. Not sure on moves yet.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
who cares?

You must be trolling

Ban Puncher

I want a realistic wrestling game where I can call matches, cut promos, work the crowd, star in terrible straight-to-video films, become dependant on 'supplements' then find Jesus and run for state senator on a far right ticket whilst operating a doomsday preppers podcast with a small but fiercely loyal fanbase.

Also, you can press F at any time to make your character ragdoll. It's like the Saints Row insurance fraud system only instead of money you earn Botchamania views. Earn over a million and you are rewarded with an infamous Iron Sheik sound bite.

I want a realistic wrestling game where I can call matches, cut promos, work the crowd, star in terrible straight-to-video films, become dependant on 'supplements' then find Jesus and run for state senator on a far right ticket whilst operating a doomsday preppers podcast with a small but fiercely loyal fanbase.

Also, you can press F at any time to make your character ragdoll. It's like the Saints Row insurance fraud system only instead of money you earn Botchamania views. Earn over a million and you are rewarded with an infamous Iron Sheik sound bite.

Or press F to Katie Vick.

katie-vick-o.gif

Most of the matches I play in these games are just one on one singles matches, so this isn't that heartbreaking to me. Understand the frustration though. Most of this stuff is going to come back in a year or two.

I suspect that 2K just ripped out everything that was too buggy for whatever reason. I had all sorts of issues with match creator options not working as intended or making the game freeze.

Been watching the one stream on PS4 and I've been liking it. The new graphics really are impressive and it all seems to run very smooth.

This is definitely not good news. Sucks for anyone that wanted to play with many people at once.

For me though, I don't venture into many matches outside Universe and those are mainly one on one. And let's be honest, the game's strong suit is not multi-man matches. That's still no excuse.

If all of these things are deal breakers, do not buy it. Please.

Our favourite match type in DoR2 is the four way last man standing matches. I've been really shocked they've not brought those back.

The match type that shouldn't have worked but did, it was the multiplayer classic, so much mashing of the A button.

Hasney

The match type that shouldn't have worked but did, it was the multiplayer classic, so much mashing of the A button.

Oh god, I know. They lasted quite a while too, so secret deals start breaking out for protection. Remember one when I was Christian and put up in the AA by Cena and my friends CAW brogue kicked Cena right in the face with his special. After I got up, we taunted together, my taunt was shorter so I hit him with the Unprettier and pow, KO'd.

Oh god, I know. They lasted quite a while too, so secret deals start breaking out for protection. Remember one when I was Christian and put up in the AA by Cena and my friends CAW brogue kicked Cena right in the face with his special. After I got up, we taunted together, my taunt was shorter so I hit him with the Unprettier and pow, KO'd.
It's what Christian would've done in real life as well.

My main memory was from a match where I was already eliminated and it came down to my underdog friend who never wins versus the master masher of the A button, after a gruelling back and forth brawl our underdog got off a solid KO hit with the title belt and judging by the speed the countdown meter was depleting he had this in the bag, in the final two counts he sets down the controller beginning to raise his hands in triumph, he'd finally won a match...

Except never underestimate the power of mashing, it was like witnessing a controllers autofire function in person done manually, there was no 10 count as at the last possible tenth of a second the seemingly defeated CAW rose to its feet through the power of mash and the sheer deflation on the part of our underdog player was just priceless, he then got swiftly Brogue Kicked as well funnily enough (it's clearly the CAW choice of running special) and lost.
Thinking back that was the most Cena thing possible on my friends part, not putting over the underdog, overcoming the odds, never give up and lol cena/sheamus wins finisher moment.

Hasney

Oh yeah, since you could have a special on every situation, Brogue Kicks were all round for every CAW.

Just realised that there hasn't been any of these wrestling game stories in multiplayer of this series since HCTP and that's usually about jumping from helicopters or driving motorbikes. Now they only stories you really get are bugs.

JdFoX187

Banned
Yeah, I am kind of worried that the huge sandbox element of the last few games is something they are pulling away from this year. Everything seemed to have a toggle in 2k14 while now everything is a little more streamlined with less choice. They should reconsider that and just let the players build their own match types.

I was just watching a great triple threat, cage, iron man match from 2k14. That kind of customization needs to return.

This is my biggest disappointment with the game. There was so much creation ability in 2K14 and older games, it more than made up for the jank. But to flat remove so many match types and then completely cull any creative options in customizing the game types that are already there is beyond ridiculous.

Hasney

Background Matchmaking is something to do with online according to someone on another forum. It's not doing anything at the moment.

dubq

Game still has a ton of fun stuff that I want. I'm still picking it up.
Same. A little sick of some of the posters in this thread calling those who want to buy the game "idiots who deserve to have their money wasted." Thanks for telling me how to spend my disposable income.

Hasney

Same. A little sick of some of the posters in this thread calling those who want to buy the game "idiots who deserve to have their money wasted." Thanks for telling me how to spend my disposable income.

It's because we want better and companies will know we just bend over and accept things like that when they sell. Hopefully it gets lost in the shuffle regardless with it coming out with some big games.

Someones asked the question of what is behind "Match" in the options. Really hoping some of the match maker stuff is in there, even if the menu design would be bollocks.

Striker

Nah, it's now 6 man only... I don't even think that team options are in this year.
The tornado tag EC were brutal online. But I can see the interest in them offline or with AI. What would be better if numbers were random.

A ladder match is TLC now. It's the same match technically. I do think table matches are in as well.
I'd have to think it's still a six-man ladder, because that's how it was in previous games. They seemed to improve the table, but you wouldn't know since they seemed to gimp its playability. Hell in a Cell had six player FFA before. I don't know why they couldn't do a six-man tag in there. Is 3 vs. 3 tag still in, at least?

Eidan

Ugh. No way I'm buying this shit. I was already annoyed when custom titantron entrances were cut, but now large chunks of match types and custom suite options are gone too? Fuck off Yukes.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
I hope that meteoritic scores this game under a 65.

Xater

Why Yukes hasn't been dropped as the dev for these games years ago is beyond me.

In the case of THQ they were probably kept around because they were cheap. 2K should have really dropped them.

Background Matchmaking is something to do with online according to someone on another forum. It's not doing anything at the moment.

I would assume it's the same thing SF4 and other fighting games did. You can play against the CPU and you get thrown into an online match as soon as an opponent has been found.

Wonderllama

Neo Member
WWE 2K14 was probably the pinnacle of the series. Lots of great legends and every WrestleMania arena. Tons of creator options. It was the culmination of a decade's worth of work. They are clearly starting over now

Purexed

Banned
but people will still buy it

I did and I'm enjoying the product on Xbox One. The one thing I've learned with NeoGaf is that the extremes are usually over the top. Nothing is ever as great as it is hyped and nothing is ever as bad as advertised either.

For fans of the WWE, there's a lot to enjoy, including the stamina system I'm appreciating much more than I expected.

Top Bottom