• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k15: Missing A Lot Of Match Types (Ladder, 3/4 Man TLC/Cage/Table, Handicap)

Loudninja

I did and I'm enjoying the product on Xbox One. The one thing I've learned with NeoGaf is that the extremes are usually over the top. Nothing is ever as great as it is hyped and nothing is ever as bad as advertised either.

For fans of the WWE, there's a lot to enjoy, including the stamina system I'm appreciating much more than I expected.
This is a pretty big deal lots of big match types missing.

This is not something that can be easily ignored and its not hyperbole.

Hasney

I did and I'm enjoying the product on Xbox One. The one thing I've learned with NeoGaf is that the extremes are usually over the top. Nothing is ever as great as it is hyped and nothing is ever as bad as advertised either.

For fans of the WWE, there's a lot to enjoy, including the stamina system I'm appreciating much more than I expected.

If you've got it, can you post a picture of the screen "Match" behind the options menu please? I'm desperately hoping the match creator stuff is there, even if that would be shit design.

RP912

Banned

It's like this...features make a wrestling game complete. Wrestling period has all sorts of options and match stipulations to keep you entertained for hours. Think about this, what if madden 25 for next gen didn't have a franchise mode or a create a player mode...would you still buy it if you were a football fan?

The whole concept of gutting match types, female caw, and other things in the game is not good as a wrestling fan that's anticipating a wrestling game for next gen. It's like taking all of the multiplayer modes in call of duty and just slapping a regular deathmatch to the game. It feels incomplete and yukes knows it. Even 2K suggested the game to be pushed back for more polishing.

They should have just postponed 2k15 and brought WWE Allstars to next gen :(.

It's a shame THQ were bleeding money and WWE just wants to keep to their schedule because after All Stars, they really should have started a transition for the main series over to the San Diego engine. It's crazy to think how good TNA Impact looked in 2008 and how we've only just surpassed it six years later on a new systems, not to mention the huge jump in gameplay quality between that and All Stars.

stn

I'm cool with it if someone bought the game and is happy, I'm not the type to shit on another's fun. But I think its really dumb to say "oh, tons of features are missing but its not that big of a deal, you guys are exaggerating." That's exactly the kind of mentality that is allowing this type of stuff to happen.

My only attachment to wrestling games is the amount of features. I neither watch the product nor do I absolutely buy the game every year. I bought 2007 because of Bret Hart and other legends. Lost interest until 2K14, which I bought after seeing retro Rock, Goldberg, Bret Hart, and a ton of other legends. Its pretty much tied with No Mercy for my favorite wrestling title based solely on the CAW mode, match options, and customization.

I would have bought 2K15 if it was a re-skin of 2K14 but with updated rosters and maybe one or two extra things (ex. stamina system). But everything I've seen and read about 2K15 makes it look gutted. Its missing too many things that make a comprehensive wrestling title.

Transition is literally how I would describe this game, though it will only be a transition if 2K16 actually turns out good. All I see is half of a game trying to survive on new graphics and a stamina system.

RP912

Banned
It's a shame THQ were bleeding money and WWE just wants to keep to their schedule because after All Stars, they really should have started a transition for the main series over to the San Diego engine. It's crazy to think how good TNA Impact looked in 2008 and how we've only just surpassed it six years later on a new systems, not to mention the huge jump in gameplay quality between that and All Stars.

The thing that bothers me the most was the fact that TNA impact never gets the recognition it deserves. It had the superior reversal system, ran 60 fps, and the graphics were incredible. All the game needed was a season mode and more features like King of the Hill and lethal lockdown. As far the all stars is concern, it's sad that THQ went under because we would have more fun wwe games like the one with robotic vince mcmahon that was scrapped.

I'm seriously tired of serious wrestling games and wish it went back to the n64/ps2 days. Hell it seems like the engine around those days felt more natural than the engine nowadays.

I'm all for shitting on Yukes and 2K, but I distinctly remember watching a 1v1 Ladder match of Sina vs Cesaro in the old thread. Or was that a TLC match and they just didn't use the weapons?

Hasney

I'm all for shitting on Yukes and 2K, but I distinctly remember watching a 1v1 Ladder match of Sina vs Cesaro in the old thread. Or was that a TLC match and they just didn't use the weapons?

Someone thinks that ladder matches might exist under the "title match" option, but waiting for images on that too. It's not under one v one.

I've had a bad year of games this year for "next-gen". Server issues with destiny, forza horizon 2 being buggy and not activating its online mode, mcc u.i./matchmaking being a complete mess, and now when I'm finally buying a new wrestling game after over a decade it looks like its going to be utter crap.

I miss aki so much sometimes

nullpoynter

So glad I cancelled my preorder for the Hulkamania edition last month. Maybe they should go on a two year dev cycle instead of yearly.

zkorejo

Apart from all the negatives everyone has been talking about. I found these little positives while watching the videos.

Gameplay looks amazing. The stamina system gives the matches a realistic flow. It looks and feel like a real match.

Create a superstar with an ability to import images is something CAW makers have been doing for a very long time since the introduction of PT tool, but its still nice to make it easy for everyone.

Editing superstar clothes is something I have been wanting for a VERY long time and now its happening. They have made it really easier for us to update the superstar clothes. That is a very cool addition. I am happy about the CAS mode because that was one mode I spent most of my time on.

Graphics look really good. Haven't played a wrestling game in years. I might actually go on and buy it.

That being said, there still seems to be some issues with the gameplay that need to be fixed. Like in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02-c8ZiDqY . Tables are still stupid. And its Daniel Bryan who clearly puts Triple H through a table but somehow its Triple h who is announced a winner. :/

Also didnt liek how announcers kept on kissing Triple H's ass during the whole match. I thought they said that they improved the commentary.

Hasney

They've recorded some lines extra, but the old commentary is still in there untouched. There's a Sting.Undertaker match video where Kind is doing some spiel about Sting. "He's the face of WC" and before he can get the W out, Taker hits a Last Ride and Cole just interrupts him and says "Oh jeeze". Great call.

Crowd is still dumb as well. I may just end up playing music while I play.

Someone thinks that ladder matches might exist under the "title match" option, but waiting for images on that too. It's not under one v one.

I see.

Man, this whole 2K15 situation sucks. I was very optimistic about losing THQ, and the move to next gen, but all we got was this shit. A completely barebones package, as well as a never ending stream of glitches.

I think I'll just buy an extra controller (to make them four) and ship my GC with me on winter break. I'll just play DoR2 with my buddies. They never played it, but we were addicted to HCTP back in the day, so they'll probably like it. Screw giving 2K my money.

I'm cool with it if someone bought the game and is happy, I'm not the type to shit on another's fun. But I think its really dumb to say "oh, tons of features are missing but its not that big of a deal, you guys are exaggerating." That's exactly the kind of mentality that is allowing this type of stuff to happen.

My only attachment to wrestling games is the amount of features. I neither watch the product nor do I absolutely buy the game every year. I bought 2007 because of Bret Hart and other legends. Lost interest until 2K14, which I bought after seeing retro Rock, Goldberg, Bret Hart, and a ton of other legends. Its pretty much tied with No Mercy for my favorite wrestling title based solely on the CAW mode, match options, and customization.

I would have bought 2K15 if it was a re-skin of 2K14 but with updated rosters and maybe one or two extra things (ex. stamina system). But everything I've seen and read about 2K15 makes it look gutted. Its missing too many things that make a comprehensive wrestling title.

Transition is literally how I would describe this game, though it will only be a transition if 2K16 actually turns out good. All I see is half of a game trying to survive on new graphics and a stamina system.

That's just the thing though. These aren't multiplayer or creation-centric games to me, so anything removed in that sense is a non-factor to me when considering whether or not to buy it. I'm not excusing the removal, they just don't matter to me. Not even one bit. Sure, I wish they weren't removed because that does suck to those who want them. I'm just not one of those people. It'd be like telling me there wasn't multiplayer in Bioshock Infinite after Bioshock 2 had it.

Purexed

Banned
If you've got it, can you post a picture of the screen "Match" behind the options menu please? I'm desperately hoping the match creator stuff is there, even if that would be shit design.

The options behind this Match option are just gameplay related tweaks like camera cuts and special effects, replays etc.

There's no way this is true, it can't be. The ONLY way you can play a ladder match is if you have 6 players? You can't play a 1vs1 ladder match?

That's insane and makes no sense.

This was never going to be a feature-heavy game. Just building and implementing the new graphics engine probably ate up most of the development budget.

I'd be curious what the reaction here would be if 2K had gotten rid of Yuke's and started from scratch. There probably wouldn't be any creation features for at least an iteration or so.

Not excusing any of it, if the features not being there kill it for you, that's just how it is. This game series has really grown into being totally different things for different people. I personally can't even fathom putting time into something like Create A Story but that's the main selling point for others.

If this game had broken two counts or attributes that didn't work or something (like 2011 and 2013) I'd be furious.

That being said, there still seems to be some issues with the gameplay that need to be fixed. Like in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02-c8ZiDqY . Tables are still stupid. And its Daniel Bryan who clearly puts Triple H through a table but somehow its Triple h who is announced a winner. :/

WTF just saw that video. The ending was botched big time. Looks like it detected Bryan's back touching the table first and declared HHH the winner, whereas it was clearly Bryan who one. Terribly buggy game.

inb4HHHscrewedBryan

Hasney

Right, things were always going to slip. But I still don't see how they can have a 6 person ladder match and not 3 or 4 without just yanking it out for no good reason. It doesn't make sense.

There's no way this is true, it can't be. The ONLY way you can play a ladder match is if you have 6 players? You can't play a 1vs1 ladder match?

That's insane and makes no sense.

Not to excuse it but TLC is basically the same exact match, just with chairs and tables ringside.

Can anyone confirm if ladder matches are inside the title match game type? It would make sense that singe, triple threat, and the fatal four way ladder matches are only for title matches.

Right, things were always going to slip. But I still don't see how they can have a 6 person ladder match and not 3 or 4 without just yanking it out for no good reason. It doesn't make sense.

You're right.

Honestly it would seem more logical to me if they had pulled the 6 person match just because those always turn into such a huge clusterfuck. 3 or 4 person gimmick matches at least played out and looked better.

They were gonna be AI clusterfucks anyways.

I never play the multiplayer of these games cause who tf wants to play a wrestling game with men in 2014?

I think title match will probably have the exact same match types you see now. TLC will just be what you select instead of ladder for a ladder match.

Preloading now. There is a 315mb patch but I doubt that is anything. If that launched now maybe some of the people who have the game already can update us on what it is.

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins theme music could honestly be 20mb of that if they wanted to. That doesn't strike me as something that would be difficult to do.

Hasney

You're right.

Honestly it would seem more logical to me if they had pulled the 6 person match just because those always turn into such a huge clusterfuck. 3 or 4 person gimmick matches at least played out and looked better.

Yeah, I'd enjoy it more if PS4 supported 6 pads because they're hilarious, but we don't want AI dragging us down.

I never play the multiplayer of these games cause who tf wants to play a wrestling game with men in 2014?

People who drink around the house and have a laugh? Although to be fair, they're not all men.

I think title match will probably have the exact same match types you see now. TLC will just be what you select instead of ladder for a ladder match.

Preloading now. There is a 315mb patch but I doubt that is anything. If that launched now maybe some of the people who have the game already can update us on what it is.

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins theme music could honestly be 20mb of that if they wanted to. That doesn't strike me as something that would be difficult to do.

Someone said the Harper/Rowan tag theme was in the game... Which was after Rollins and Ambrose. If that's true, I'm totally confused.

stn

@TheWesker

Hey man, that's totally fine. If you're the type that doesn't care for the extra features and can enjoy the base game, more power to you! The thing is, my view on these annual sports titles is that each one should make progress based on the last. That means, at the very least, that features that were received positively should not be removed. Developers set a precedent with each yearly entry in an annual franchise, and there's an expectation that previous features will either remain the same or be slightly improved upon.

We've gotten the opposite with 2K15. Let's assume that 2K15 really has been a "transition" for Yukes/2K. Ok, fine. I will expect a return to the norm in 2K16, and that's the time when I'll buy the game again. But, let's look at it more closely...

+Better graphics
+Stamina system
+New career mode
-Removed CAW options
-Removed roster
-Re-used animations in career mode
-Re-used animations in general
-Glitches still exist

Look no further than the previous-gen version of 2K15, which literally screams "The developers released me half-assed looking for a quick buck". The worst part of it all is that the current-gen 2K15 was technically delayed. Imagine if it was released even earlier. Yikes.

Mask

Okay, yeah, fuck that, cancelled my Hulkamania preorder and just grabbed a copy of 2k14 for cheap instead. Will wait and see what 2k16 is like.

I must not have been the only person who cancelled their Hulkamania copy, because the PS4 version is back in stock on Game, and it wasn't before.

They were gonna be AI clusterfucks anyways.

iuNRmfIocvuuL.gif

Maybe people with actual friends (a foreign concept, I know).

KiDdYoNe

Oh wow.

I was really interested in the game after seeing few gameplay videos. Tho i don't have a current-gen console yet, i was excited. Now....

There is a hope tho. 2K guys are not stupid and hopefully will make some decisions. It'll be nice if they'll add everything post release, but we need some serious changes in future.

Anyway, it's the first game since they have rights. Knowing how much pain in the ass WWE could be i'm really surprised they have a nice looking game with some changes to gameplay.

zkorejo

WTF just saw that video. The ending was botched big time. Looks like it detected Bryan's back touching the table first and declared HHH the winner, whereas it was clearly Bryan who one. Terribly buggy game.

inb4HHHscrewedBryan

Triple H wasn't lying when he said that "The Authority always wins".

tumblr_n6ku53LYVW1qhwjmvo1_400.gif

Oh god that typo. I meant me, not men. I'm a special case though. Literally and figuratively.

NONE of my friends are into wrestling at all. Never forget the day when wrestling was on at a bar and it was near MST3K levels of mockery of the product. No respect, just malice. Felt so helpless. That's why I play these games in the dark. Alone.

Hasney

Oh wow.

I was really interested in the game after seeing few gameplay videos. Tho i don't have a current-gen console yet, i was excited. Now....

There is a hope tho. 2K guys are not stupid and hopefully will make some decisions. It'll be nice if they'll add everything post release, but we need some serious changes in future.

Anyway, it's the first game since they have rights. Knowing how much pain in the ass WWE could be i'm really surprised they have a nice looking game with some changes to gameplay.

Yeah, 2k isn't stupid, that's why I think this is a cynical move.

Oh god that typo. I meant me, not men. I'm a special case though. Literally and figuratively.

NONE of my friends are into wrestling at all. Never forget the day when wrestling was on at a bar and it was near MST3K levels of mockery of the product. No respect, just malice. Felt so helpless. That's why I play these games in the dark. Alone.

Heh, mine went off it after the Attitude era, but the games are fun multiplayer. I just have to explain who the fuck most the roster is ever.

Might be a good one to skip anyway with Smash dropping.

Yeah never tell anyone that you're into wrestling ever if you're the only one in the god damn building who's also really into it. You'll have to answer every question and realize how dumb it REALLY is when they start pointing out the wholes in all the angles.

Just not a fight worth fighting.

Whatever, I liked the recent WWE games for what they are, rather than what they can become. Universe Mode was and will always be the shit, and I'm looking forward to this game and it's MyCareer mode. Guess I'm part of the problem brehs.

hrSS208.gif

Hasney

Yeah never tell anyone that you're into wrestling ever if you're the only one in the god damn building who's also really into it. You'll have to answer every question and realize how dumb it REALLY is when they start pointing out the wholes in all the angles.

Just not a fight worth fighting.

Whatever, I liked the recent WWE games for what they are, rather than what they can become. Universe Mode was and will always be the shit, and I'm looking forward to this game and it's MyCareer mode. Guess I'm part of the problem brehs.

I said it in the other thread, but I really believe it. If you can watch Raw, you can probably find enjoyment in this, It's like getting crapped on from a giant height and still liking it. Anything with the WWE logo on seems to be like this right now.

Degen

It sure is nice of them to admit that this is an incomplete game

of course sales will determine if the fans even care about that

Duncan likes to play games with men.

#notallmen

Still a big believer that they should just license out their roster to some crazy shit like Arc System Works or the people who make Skullgirls in the inbetween years and release the main ones every other year. But Vince ain't about that cause vincemoney.gif

Top Bottom