• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

VERY WELL. LA DIABLA's sponsor is the legendary wrestler DISCO INFERNO, who grants her the power of DANCE

loose%2Bshirt.gif

Three times per match, LA DIABLA can DANCE her way out of the ring, which makes her safe from any wrestlers trying to lay a hand on her while the lights are out! In some circles, this technique is called COMMUTING!

So, whether you believe LA DIABLA or not, she hopes that this information will put a spring in your step and a FIRE in your heart. OH YEAH!

eUz8VFW.gif

cabot

OK, all I have is my wrasslin loving buddy said he was in WWE as a manager of billy and chuck.

This was under the name Rico, and he wrassled a few matches.

RetroMG

Oh come on. DIABLA. INFERNO. Your previous fire references. Are you kidding me?

Lucy
Lucifer
Diabolos - Night Vale
La Diabla - WWE
ScraftyDEVIL

It's kind of her thing.

Do you think Scrafty is still being truthful, Retro?

Commuters are not unheard of. X-shot roles seem to be a thing. (Squidy) I don't see a reason to doubt her, but the proof will be in the pudding.

OK, I really am leaving now. I'll be on mobile, so I might post, but...

Well, good luck, everyone.

cabot

You don't see a reason? This is WWE mafia and I have a sketchy source saying he may have wrassled once or twice under a different name.

That seems a decent reason.

Kalor

So either Scrafty is lying about something, or Nin is not consistent in his chosen flavor, it seems.

I don't think Nin ever specified that the roles are WWE people in the flavor.

From the OP

The Super Saturday Wrestling is on the air, coming for you this time from the Veterans Memorial Coliseum in phoenix Arizona!

Welcome Everyone to Super Saturday Wrestling!
I'm Jim Ross and I will be your host at this event!
Tonights main event will be a 22 participant ROYAL RUMBLE!
The following players joined in, voluntarily, into this madness!

And D1 mentions the WWE but not referring to the characters.

cabot

let's see.

Jim Ross - WWE
ROYAL RUMBLE - WWE
Super Saturday Wrasslin - Not WWE specific.

Name of game - WWE .

Sorry, don't buy it. I want to see this flip now to see if nin is the true bastard. If she flips Town as a WCW wrassler in WWE mafia, then we've got a new problem we'll have to deal with.

nukedeggs

Looks like there are a few possibilities here.

1. Nin did this on accident.
2. Nin did this on purpose.
3. Scrafty is making up her role.

Nin doing this on purpose I think would be really weird and also not fit the flavor. I hope he didn't do this on purpose.

If Nin did this on accident, then this doesn't say anything about whether this is a town role or a fake mafia role, since it's an accident, so we'll just have to look at past behavior.

Scrafty, from her own admission as well as from other people, seems to be a big wrestling fan. It seems strange for her to mess up this role claim. If she was scum, I'd imagine that before claiming she would have discussed this beforehand with scum buddies. This would also be a very careless lie because it seems like we have some wrestling fans in here, and she also claimed in a very public matter that draws a lot of attention, so I'm sure some people would be googling Disco Inferno and the first thing they'd see is that he's a WCW wrestler.

nukedeggs

This is worth remembering. Even considering it I understand peoples' reservations, but I think at the very least in concept I could see her role appearing as either a real role or a fake claim.
Somehow I missed this. Definitely worth remembering.

I don't really like arguing things based on whether or not it fits the flavor though. It feels strange to me and not in the spirit of Mafia.

cabot

This is worth remembering. Even considering it I understand peoples' reservations, but I think at the very least in concept I could see her role appearing as either a real role or a fake claim.

god thats so lame I might actually believe nin to do it.

All claims so far have been WWE and I know my role is WWE.

Her flip will give us the necessary information to proceed, do we consider non-WWE wrasslers or not?

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, fuck it. I am not going to confirm or deny Scrafty's role (in all honesty, I haven't even looked at who got what since nin assigned them out). I got permission from nin to post this, so blame him if you're mad.

But for all intents and purposes, this game could just as easily been titled "Wrestling Mafia." Take that as you will.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Ok, fuck it. I am not going to confirm or deny Scrafty's role (in all honesty, I haven't even looked at who got what since nin assigned them out). I got permission from nin to post this, so blame him if you're mad.

But for all intents and purposes, this game could just as easily been titled "Wrestling Mafia." Take that as you will.
This like the third time THIS GAME where a mod is being called upon to clear crap up, but can't because it's practically confirming roles. Did we break it or something?

ultron87

Doesn't really change anything for me.

Scrafty's behavior has been suspect and X-shot night immunity is a pretty good fake claim for scum because it is extremely difficult to prove or contradict.

Burbeting

Banned
Let's look at the claim in more detail, then.

VERY WELL. LA DIABLA's sponsor is the legendary wrestler DISCO INFERNO, who grants her the power of DANCE

loose%2Bshirt.gif

Three times per match, LA DIABLA can DANCE her way out of the ring, which makes her safe from any wrestlers trying to lay a hand on her while the lights are out! In some circles, this technique is called COMMUTING!

So, whether you believe LA DIABLA or not, she hopes that this information will put a spring in your step and a FIRE in your heart. OH YEAH!

I don't know if the term match is Scrafty RP'ing or not, but it's not important right now. She is essentially claiming a 3-shot commuter, who can decide the nights, when she will use this power. In theory, she could use the power to stay invincible for three nights in a row... which is quite powerful, if used like that.

It's also very hard to prove to be real, or not real power. It's something easy for scum to claim, only real backfire could be, if town would have another commuter role (if there is one, DO NOT CLAIM, obviously.)

This combined with everything I have said earlier... hmm

ultron87

Would also do Retro, because if Scrafty is town his going hard on defending would be a reasonable scum play, since he'd know what her flip would be.

cabot

Would also do Retro, because if Scrafty is town his going hard on defending would be a reasonable scum play, since he'd know what her flip would be.

I'll leave retro for today, claiming to be a power role and all. Let the night try to illuminate him a little.

I actually don't know how easy it would be to fake her role as she's described it. If she's scum and making a fake claim, she likely doesn't know all of the power roles town has on its side. All it takes is a single slip up where somebody claims to have used their power on her when she danced away and her claim crumbles away. It's a massively risky move imo, and I can think of any number of other abilities I'd rather fake claim.

Burbeting

Banned
I actually don't know how easy it would be to fake her role as she's described it. If she's scum and making a fake claim, she likely doesn't know all of the power roles town has on its side. All it takes is a single slip up where somebody claims to have used their power on her when she danced away and her claim crumbles away. It's a massively risky move imo, and I can think of any number of other abilities I'd rather fake claim.

She claims the dance works only against NK. She doesn't say about any other roles.

nukedeggs

Okay cool. I'm going to ignore all the WWE/WCW hullabaloo that happened after Scrafty's claim and focus on Scrafty's behavior.

I'm still a bit wary of Scrafty. Let's assume that she is indeed a commuter. Then she has a lot of leeway when it comes to putting pressure on scum and thus making herself a potential nk target. But being suspicious to town helps scum a lot, since if they can manage to convince town to lynch her, then they don't have to deal with the whole commuting thing and waste time with night kills. If she's telling the truth, then it seems like she should have played a lot more actively to make full use of her power.

I agree with Ultron about Retro's hard defense of Scrafty. It felt strange to me. Assuming scum Retro, if Scrafty flips town, Retro can point to that and get town points and later on defend his scum buddies. However, I also don't want to risk a lynch on him today in case we're losing a big power role.

nin1000

Banned
Day 1 votes

cabot (0)
kawl_usc 92 (433)
*splinter 152 (192)
batsnacks 381 (382)
batsnacks 382 (919)
batsnacks 382 (919)
blargonaut 509 (515)

nukedeggs (0)
cabot 94 (165)
salvapot 358 (539)

burbeting (0)
palmer_v1 118 (666)
seath 176 (340)
cabot 370 (445)
blargonaut 515 (916)

sorian (0)
*splinter 131 (152)

bowlie (0)
cabot 165 (167)

batsnacks (0)
cabot 167 (217)
retromg 212 (294)
batsnacks 235 (257)
batsnacks 235 (257)

scraftydevil (6)
squidyj 202 (262)
burbeting 635 (722)
kawl_usc 719 (806)
burbeting 959
cabot 1069
blargonaut 1075
matt attack 1077
ultron87 1105
batsnacks 1167 (1186)
batsnacks 1167 (1186)
magnumboy20xx 1169

kalor (0)
retromg 210 (212)

robotninjahornets (0)
cabot 217 (234)
kawl_usc 598 (719)

blargonaut (1)
salvapot 218 (221)
kawl_usc 433 (598)
bowlie 470
seath 538 (799)
salvapot 580 (780)
burbeting 911 (944)
squidyj 912 (932)
salvapot 914 (951)
blargonaut 916 (956)
cornburrito 917 (948)
batsnacks 919 (942)
batsnacks 919 (942)
kawl_usc 922 (945)

no lynch (0)
salvapot 221 (358)
salvapot 539 (580)

seath (2)
robotninjahornets 226
matt attack 365 (1077)
palmer_v1 666 (718)
palmer_v1 1035 (1093)
palmer_v1 1114

stanleypalmtree (0)
cabot 234 (370)
cabot 577 (630)

ourobolus (0)
royal_flush 247 (247)
royal_flush 247 (247)

roytheone (0)
royal_flush 247 (247)

kawl_usc (0)
squidyj 262 (912)
blargonaut 435 (509)
squidyj 932 (1005)
burbeting 944 (959)
kawl_usc 945 (1051)
cornburrito 948 (954)
retromg 949 (1045)
salvapot 951 (1054)
palmer_v1 963 (1035)

squidyj (0)
cornburrito 330 (333)
cornburrito 333 (450)
seath 340 (538)
magnumboy20xx 634 (839)
salvapot 780 (914)
*splinter 823 (1050)

magnumboy20xx (6)
nukedeggs 405
cabot 630 (1069)
scraftydevil 633
seath 1044
kawl_usc 1053
palmer_v1 1093 (1114)
kalor 1152
retromg 1175

terrabyte20xx (1)
scraftydevil 423 (633)
*splinter 1092

matt attack (0)
cabot 445 (577)

retromg (2)
burbeting 449 (635)
kalor 717 (1152)
palmer_v1 718 (963)
burbeting 722 (911)
ultron87 731 (1105)
kawl_usc 806 (922)
magnumboy20xx 839 (1169)
*splinter 1050 (1092)
salvapot 1054
stanleypalmtree 1078

cornburrito (0)
retromg 601 (949)

maaaaaardy (0)
seath 799 (1044)

salvapot (2)
cornburrito 1003
squidyj 1005
blargonaut 1007 (1075)
kawl_usc 1051 (1053)

pin_1458928800.png

cabot

If Scrafty's role is legit then I am worried for the night, because I suspect scum and others will be rather powerful.

Top Bottom