• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

cabot

My real hope is that they show up and act more productive so we can get Seath instead.

acting? but wrasslin is real, Palmer!

snaRmLj.gif

*Splinter

My question looks stupid because you posted while I was typing. But Seath being your only candidate feels lazy because Seath is always weird on at least D1. It's fine to want to lynch him but you must have some other ideas

Also artificially limiting the conversation to the current vote leaders isn't helpful

Kevyt

I'm fine being lynched today. Town doesn't lose much and if it means we won't lose a PR in the process then yeah I'm good being lynched.

I sort of believe Retro and I do not want vote for him yet. I think his reading list is a bit off though, but it will be interesting how things develop in the last five hours.

Also, Scrafty. Well null reads from her, and the reason being that she's RP'ing, sort of. I'll still stick to my vote on MagnumBoy

ultron87

Scrafty disappearing the moment the heat was off is a decent enough Day 1 reason for me. Retro can have some time.

Vote: ScraftyDevil

cabot

I'm fine being lynched today. Town doesn't lose much and if it means we won't lose a PR in the process then yeah I'm good being lynched.

I sort of believe Retro and I do not want vote for him yet. I think his reading list is a bit off though, but it will be interesting how things develop in the last five hours.

Also, Scrafty. Well null reads from her, and the reason being that she's RP'ing, sort of. I'll still stick to my vote on MagnumBoy

Damn son I'd expect a post like this when you're right on the verge of death or at least leading the vote pack, not when you're outside of the limelight with a couple of votes.

Kevyt

Damn son I'd expect a post like this when you're right on the verge of death or at least leading the vote pack, not when you're outside of the limelight with a couple of votes.

Claiming vanilla town with like 2 votes... why

lol

This is how I play.

I always say something similar to this, because in the grand scheme of things, it's true. I rather town loses a regular townie than a potential PR.

So I'm just catching up, but some WIP thoughts:

Fucking squidy wasn't lying

iFTSUtt.gif

Didn't see that coming, I thought for sure this was some crazy plan, the more I think about it the more I see where he was coming from though - I wasn't thinking about the fact it was a one-shot ability before. That's what makes this play make sense. Get it used quickly so it actually comes in useful and we get at least some level of confirmation on someone. If he'd got night killed, we wouldn't have been able to use it.

That said, not sure about his choice of target. On the one hand, I feel it might've been better to go for someone more people were actually suspicious of. On the other hand, it's fucking Blarg. He could've gone either way really.

I'm about halfway through the last page, might throw out some more WIP thoughts in a bit. I'll be around fully once I've caught up though, today's a bank holiday so I don't have to be distracted by work.

nukedeggs

Morning everyone! I get the day off today so I'll be hanging around, though I might not be free in the last hour or 30 minutes of day end.

I'm a little weirded out by all these Retro votes. I agree with Palmer's point - Retro did claim a PR, so it does seem like a good opportunity for scum to jump in on him. Out of the current votes on him, I find Magnum and Salva pretty suspicious, and all both of them are currently on Retro. I am also a little suspicious of Stanley. He came back after a while and has very little opinions on what happened with the Squidy situation other than 'clears major suspects' which he doesn't really expand on. I also feel like he's been tunnelling in on Retro for a while, which is fine but it feels like he also disappeared when conversation moved off of Retro and has no real insights about it. Could just be busy in real life, but I'm kinda wary.

As for Kalor and Ultron...I need to take a closer look at them, they've been flying under my radar. For some reason I have the perception of Kalor as contributing, but I could be completely wrong, and Ultron I have a null. Definitely need to go back and look at these two.

Magnum I am suspicious of for reasons I've talked about earlier - namely, inactivity and, when he is active, he doesn't contribute anything new. I didn't find his points to be very thought out in regards to Squidy, as people have pointed out when he made his brief appearance in the thread, and he's disappeared after the big Squidy reveal. Would like to hear more from him now.

I would also be down for a Scrafty vote. She has completely disappeared recently, only really made reactionary posts when being called out before, and as others have pointed out, has been silent ever since the spotlight moved off of her. I also find the people who are voting for Scrafty more townlike overall. Not sure what that's worth, but it is something I've noticed.

nukedeggs

I just went back and very quickly skimmed over Kalor and Ultron posts. I changed my mind about Kalor. I don't think he's really been contributing that much. Overall it seems like his opinions seem very safe. Ultron I have a better opinion of. He was more active than I thought and has stronger opinions. I'll have to look more in depth on them later but this is what I have for now.

nin1000

Banned
Day 1 votes

cabot (0)
kawl_usc 92 (433)
*splinter 152 (192)
batsnacks 381 (382)
batsnacks 382 (919)
batsnacks 382 (919)
blargonaut 509 (515)

nukedeggs (0)
cabot 94 (165)
salvapot 358 (539)

burbeting (0)
palmer_v1 118 (666)
seath 176 (340)
cabot 370 (445)
blargonaut 515 (916)

sorian (0)
*splinter 131 (152)

bowlie (0)
cabot 165 (167)

batsnacks (0)
cabot 167 (217)
retromg 212 (294)
batsnacks 235 (257)
batsnacks 235 (257)

scraftydevil (5)
squidyj 202 (262)
burbeting 635 (722)
kawl_usc 719 (806)
burbeting 959
cabot 1069
blargonaut 1075
matt attack 1077
ultron87 1105

kalor (0)
retromg 210 (212)

robotninjahornets (0)
cabot 217 (234)
kawl_usc 598 (719)

blargonaut (1)
salvapot 218 (221)
kawl_usc 433 (598)
bowlie 470
seath 538 (799)
salvapot 580 (780)
burbeting 911 (944)
squidyj 912 (932)
salvapot 914 (951)
blargonaut 916 (956)
cornburrito 917 (948)
batsnacks 919 (942)
batsnacks 919 (942)
kawl_usc 922 (945)

no lynch (0)
salvapot 221 (358)
salvapot 539 (580)

seath (1)
robotninjahornets 226
matt attack 365 (1077)
palmer_v1 666 (718)
palmer_v1 1035 (1093)

stanleypalmtree (0)
cabot 234 (370)
cabot 577 (630)

ourobolus (0)
royal_flush 247 (247)
royal_flush 247 (247)

roytheone (0)
royal_flush 247 (247)

kawl_usc (0)
squidyj 262 (912)
blargonaut 435 (509)
squidyj 932 (1005)
burbeting 944 (959)
kawl_usc 945 (1051)
cornburrito 948 (954)
retromg 949 (1045)
salvapot 951 (1054)
palmer_v1 963 (1035)

squidyj (0)
cornburrito 330 (333)
cornburrito 333 (450)
seath 340 (538)
magnumboy20xx 634 (839)
salvapot 780 (914)
*splinter 823 (1050)

magnumboy20xx (5)
nukedeggs 405
cabot 630 (1069)
scraftydevil 633
seath 1044
kawl_usc 1053
palmer_v1 1093

terrabyte20xx (1)
scraftydevil 423 (633)
*splinter 1092

matt attack (0)
cabot 445 (577)

retromg (4)
burbeting 449 (635)
kalor 717
palmer_v1 718 (963)
burbeting 722 (911)
ultron87 731 (1105)
kawl_usc 806 (922)
magnumboy20xx 839
*splinter 1050 (1092)
salvapot 1054
stanleypalmtree 1078

cornburrito (0)
retromg 601 (949)

maaaaaardy (0)
seath 799 (1044)

salvapot (2)
cornburrito 1003
squidyj 1005
blargonaut 1007 (1075)
kawl_usc 1051 (1053)

12 votes are needed for majority
pin_1458928800.png

Palmer_v1

My two biggest blindspots right now are Kalor and Stanley, in that I've seen their names and thought, "Oh fuck, they're in this game too!"

That's not ideal.

For scum, Seath is top of my list. I don't really buy this soft claim. I'm also worried about Salvapot and his campaign against squidyj. Scrafty and Retro aren't playing well for town, but I think it's just that. Bad play. Magnum, I'm less sure about. There's also Burb, cause Miller.

For town, I'm 99% sure Squidyj is town. I'm also pretty sure Batsnacks is town. Blarg, while he has a chance of being neutral, is probably town as well. We can't ignore the neutral possibility, but thanks to our win condition, we know that we can win with neutrals. Otherwise, I feel like Cabot is town, though he's not as active as I would expect.

That's all I've got for now, and this is possibly going to be a busy day for me. I always regret not keeping my vote on who I really want lynched, so I'm going back to Seath.

Vote: Seath

Palmer_v1

I just went back and very quickly skimmed over Kalor and Ultron posts. I changed my mind about Kalor. I don't think he's really been contributing that much. Overall it seems like his opinions seem very safe. Ultron I have a better opinion of. He was more active than I thought and has stronger opinions. I'll have to look more in depth on them later but this is what I have for now.

Oh yeah, Ultron is the other one I had good feelings about. I was worried by inactivity earlier, but he's never been super active anyway.

cabot

Blarg, while he has a chance of being neutral, is probably town as well. We can't ignore the neutral possibility, but thanks to our win condition, we know that we can win with neutrals.

Have I missed something here?

Does squidy's ability only confirm scum, otherwise it's non-scum?

RetroMG

I sometimes read genuine frustration and annoyance in Retro's posts, but then I see something like that comment about The Rock could possibly not be in the game and shake my head.

I'm not following you. Or possibly you aren't following me. I'm not saying the Rock could possibly not be in the game. I'm saying the Rock is absolutely is in this game.
When I claimed the Rock, some people suggested that I got it as a fake claim, which is silly, because why would one of the biggest wrestlers in the WWE be a fake claim?
If he is in the game, and if I were lying, how come no one else has counter-claimed? If it's only a name and means nothing, surely there's no harm in that?

But yeah, genuine frustration and annoyance has been the order of the day. I knew I'd be rusty, (I haven't played since Gafia 1,) but I didn't know I'd have THIS hard of a time. And I always suck on Day 1. I usually just try to stay quiet, but this time I thought I would try to be more involved. Which... was scummy apparently? Oh well.

Anyway, thanks to those who are considering giving me an extra day. I promise I'll do my best to make sure that you don't regret it.

On Scrafty: She is playing odd, but I still don't think she's scum. If there are two players in this community that I think I have a good feel for reading, it's Scrafty and Blarg. I don't read either of them as scum for this game. (Well, we already know Blarg isn't.)

If I had to give my top three right now, gun to my head, it would be Magnum, Salva, and maybe CornBurrito. CornB is probably the one I would point a cop at. He's been super active, but I can't get a decent read on him. That is, of course, assuming we have a cop other than Squidy.

Anyway, just a heads up, I'm heading out in about 2 1/2 hours to have breakfast and go see Batman v. Superman, so I probably won't be around for the very end of the day. I'll try to follow on my phone though.

cabot

I mean it's very possible to me that a moderator in a themed game wouldn't count a couple of 'favourite' and 'big' characters to throw off the meta.

So yeah, I would believe The Rock wouldn't be in here.

Snow White wasn't in Disney Princesses!

*snip*

On Scrafty: She is playing odd, but I still don't think she's scum. If there are two players in this community that I think I have a good feel for reading, it's Scrafty and Blarg. I don't read either of them as scum for this game. (Well, we already know Blarg isn't.)

*snip*

WpIB8ep.gif

So with that Scrafty is the front runner, closely followed by Retro and Magnum?

Scrafty is the person I think I'd be happiest voting for out of those 3, though I'm going to go back and check over both her and Magnum's posts, but yeah. Nothing's changed about the toyless Kinder Egg.

Retro I'm definitely not comfortable with, he may not have been playing super well but, like others have said, it's been coming across more of a frustrated face more than anything else. Plus the potential of lynching a good role is too high.

RetroMG

Snow White, the actual first Disney princess, was a fake claim in Disney Princesses.

Ah, yeah. OK, I'll concede that point. (I looked at that game's layout forever ago, and during the season I mostly watched over Phoenix Wright and Love Boat. Yeeny doesn't need my help.)

Morning everyone! I get the day off today so I'll be hanging around, though I might not be free in the last hour or 30 minutes of day end.

I'm a little weirded out by all these Retro votes. I agree with Palmer's point - Retro did claim a PR, so it does seem like a good opportunity for scum to jump in on him. Out of the current votes on him, I find Magnum and Salva pretty suspicious, and all both of them are currently on Retro. I am also a little suspicious of Stanley. He came back after a while and has very little opinions on what happened with the Squidy situation other than 'clears major suspects' which he doesn't really expand on. I also feel like he's been tunnelling in on Retro for a while, which is fine but it feels like he also disappeared when conversation moved off of Retro and has no real insights about it. Could just be busy in real life, but I'm kinda wary.

As for Kalor and Ultron...I need to take a closer look at them, they've been flying under my radar. For some reason I have the perception of Kalor as contributing, but I could be completely wrong, and Ultron I have a null. Definitely need to go back and look at these two.

Magnum I am suspicious of for reasons I've talked about earlier - namely, inactivity and, when he is active, he doesn't contribute anything new. I didn't find his points to be very thought out in regards to Squidy, as people have pointed out when he made his brief appearance in the thread, and he's disappeared after the big Squidy reveal. Would like to hear more from him now.

I would also be down for a Scrafty vote. She has completely disappeared recently, only really made reactionary posts when being called out before, and as others have pointed out, has been silent ever since the spotlight moved off of her. I also find the people who are voting for Scrafty more townlike overall. Not sure what that's worth, but it is something I've noticed.

You know

I just wanna say, I greatly appreciate your commitment

The others could learn a lot from you, and if it were up to me, I'd give you a promotion

Hell, I'd even replace them with you

plural

Burbeting

Banned
I'm not a fan of how Retro keeps building up his defense based on "The Rock is totally in this game, he is too big name!" Some of the fake claims have to be some better known names, otherwise they wouldn't help the Scum at all, as we could just pick apart the more niche names. Like Ultron and Cabot said, Snow White wasn't a role in DP.

Palmer_v1

Have I missed something here?

Does squidy's ability only confirm scum, otherwise it's non-scum?

Squidyj's check was for scum. His result was that Blargonaut is not Scum. Blargonaut COULD still be Neutral. Statistically unlikely, but not impossible.

I'm also losing faith in Retro's Rock argument. I would absolutely make sure some top name wrestlers were left out for fake claims. They lose efficacy when scum's best claim is some dude that got bodied in one Royal Rumble 10 years ago and was never seen again.

Kawl_USC

I'm not a fan of how Retro keeps building up his defense based on "The Rock is totally in this game, he is too big name!" Some of the fake claims have to be some better known names, otherwise they wouldn't help the Scum at all, as we could just pick apart the more niche names. Like Ultron and Cabot said, Snow White wasn't a role in DP.

Then again, that seems to be a more natural argument for someone who actually is the rock, versus someone who is using it as a fake claim. A fake claim would acknowledge its a possibility but try to reinforce they are the real deal.

I lean towards believing Retro over not.

RetroMG

/shrug I've seen the error of my ways. I'm still the Rock, though. Believe it or not.

Burbeting

Banned
For another example, Apollo Justice was a safe claim for scum in Ace Attorney mafia, and he is the main protagonist in one of the games in that series.

What I'm trying to get is, just the name can't be defence that said person must be a real role in this game.

RetroMG

Then again, that seems to be a more natural argument for someone who actually is the rock, versus someone who is using it as a fake claim. A fake claim would acknowledge its a possibility but try to reinforce they are the real deal.

/shrug I've seen the error of my ways. I'm still the Rock, though. Believe it or not.

GODDAMMIT, I CANNOT WIN! LOL

I'm going to just shut up until the day is over.

ultron87

Bringing up the "no it is totally real for reason X" argument strikes to me of someone trying to convince me of a lie instead of someone knowing something is the truth. It feels similar to when someone responds with "who told you I did?" instead of "no" when asked if they did something.

Burbeting

Banned
I would still want to lynch Scrafty over Retro, as Retro's frustration lately at least feels somewhat genuine, even though most of his posts and reasoning have been flimsy at best. The two are my main scum candidates still, though.

Palmer_v1

So far we have claims for:

Squidyj - Shane McMahon (Day Cop)*
Batsnacks - Hulk Hogan (Doublevoter)*
RetroMG - The Rock (Unknown Power Role)
Seath - ???? (Ordinary)

* means they've proven their power.

And I swear to God blarg better not be soft claiming doc there.

This actually isn't the worst Day 1, so far. DId I miss anything?

cabot

Squidyj's check was for scum. His result was that Blargonaut is not Scum. Blargonaut COULD still be Neutral. Statistically unlikely, but not impossible.

I'm also losing faith in Retro's Rock argument. I would absolutely make sure some top name wrestlers were left out for fake claims. They lose efficacy when scum's best claim is some dude that got bodied in one Royal Rumble 10 years ago and was never seen again.

Yeah, definitely missed that part. Must have just saw the role description and assumed it was exactly my role from Election. Fair enough.

Kawl_USC

Bringing up the "no it is totally real for reason X" argument strikes to me of someone trying to convince me of a lie instead of someone knowing something is the truth. It feels similar to when someone responds with "who told you I did?" instead of "no" when asked if they did something.

And that's fair, I'm just saying how it comes off to me. Can WIFOM it into any position any how.

batsnacks

Looking at the votes, the retro voters are a pretty shady group. I think retro is suspicious but yeah it's probably a mistake to vote a power role claim on day 1.

I'll probably go with scrafty or magnum.

Top Bottom