• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 2 |OT| - Premieres Wednesday, March 5th at 9:00pm on Slice

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao I hope Kenny and Sarah follow through on voting with Andrew.

Sabrina will then know for a fact that Sarah and Kenny are no longer aligned with her.

UberTag

This was not a good HOH week for Canada.
Andrew has thrown in the towel without a fight and Adel is now in everyone's line of fire.
He's pretty much only safe this week if either him or Heather win HOH.

Or if Kenny (or someone on Kenny's side wins) and Kenny decides that he wants Jon gone first.
Because Kenny doesn't like not getting what he wants. And he didn't get what he wanted last week.
And that's tricky because Jon is extremely well insulated in that house so even if Kenny wants to target him there are a lot of people who could go home if up against Jon on the block.

UberTag

SPOILERS FROM TONIGHT'S EVICTION:
As usual, no surprises on the eviction.
Andrew was evicted from the house by a 7-2 vote (Kenny and Allison voting to evict Sabrina).
The HOH comp this week is a Q&A based on the "houseguest mugshots" that were aired on the TVs over the past day.
Kenny, Adel, Allison & Sabrina were eliminated from the comp at the time this week's taping wrapped up.

Remaining houseguests still alive to win HOH this week = Jon, Arlie, Sarah, Rachelle, Heather & Neda

Double Eviction Night = Next Thursday

UberTag

PLEASE WIN HEATHER or adel i guess
Adel can't win. He flamed out in yet another comp as per usual despite being in dire risk of going home this week.
It seems very unlikely that Arlie or Neda will win HOH deliberately so this will likely come down to 1 of the other 4 (Sarah, Rachelle, Heather, Jon).

UberTag

Considering that this HOH is semi-rigged (with time-delay buzzer shenanigans) one can make an educated guess as to who will win from the 6 people still alive.

I'm going to guess Jon. We'll know for certain when the live feeds come back up.

So who won HOH?

We won't know until he feeds come back on

Edit:
According to Morty's TV. Jon is hoh, I don't know how reliable they are. Hamsterwatch, who is relaible hasn't said anything.

and lol

i7zLvuJZBZFak.gif

ibh6fi1v89600Y.gif

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Just got home from Toronto. My wife and I were on camera probably 80% of the time. I guess winning tickets men's getting prime seating. We were also on camera like 100% of the time during the side show. Will post screen caps later lol.

Anyway a couple of tidbits I learned and an HOH update.

- the house that Arisa stands in front is not the real entrance to the house. When the guest leaves there's about a 5 minute wait before they come through the door as the "real" house is in another sound stage entirely.

- 3 cups of slop a day contains all your daily nutrition requirements.

- the production team tries to keep all live feeds as pg 13 as possible, hence why there's not a lot of nudity on BBCAN.

- we didn't get to see the end of the HoH comp. Arisa finished reading the questions for them to dub over later (boo) ..... But! We overheard an update before the sideshow started:
Sarah and Rachelle were eliminated
so that brings down the possible winners to 4.

- Arisa is much funnier and nicer when she's just being candid. She sings and dances constantly between takes / breaks

- the show films at 5:30 eastern. Side show at 7:15ish.

- during the HoH comp, the buzzers malfunctioned and they had to skip a question. Dunno if it aired (haven't watched the edited ep yet). Jons light eventually turned on. When they skipped the question, the next question Jons light turned on first even though he wasn't the first to buzz in. Something was glitchy there.

It was a neat experience. A lot of down time between segments. Crazy stuff.

t-storm

I hope they scrap the side show next season (if there is one). I actually want to see the evicted houseguest's exit interview during the main show, thanks.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Oh yeah, and the set is TINY. Those wide lenses make it look a hell of a lot bigger than it is. It's insane how small the house exterior actually is.

UberTag

I hope they scrap the side show next season (if there is one). I actually want to see the evicted houseguest's exit interview during the main show, thanks.
But how will Peter get his airtime then?

I'm expecting noms of either Sabrina & Rachelle... or Sabrina & Allison. With a possible back door option of Kenny that won't be pursued by hook or by crook - either due to Heather getting talked down, Kenny getting the new mystery veto or her wisely focusing on getting Sabrina out pre-jury.

Ultimately, Sabrina will leave the BB house in the first part of double eviction night next Thursday.

Not sure who will follow her out the door - kind of leaning towards Jon/Neda nominations with Neda leaving. But we'll see.

Adel caught a HUGE break with that Heather HOH win tonight. Based on DrEvil's spoilers, I'm guessing that Jon/Neda/Arlie threw it to her when they were down to 4.

Sabrina alleges that Heather pulled her aside and said she was safe, along with Rachelle. But who knows if that convo even took place. (Sabrina was just reassuring Rachelle that they both have nothing to worry about and that Heather was nominating Allison and Kenny)

UberTag

'HALF-NOTS' FOR THE WEEK:
(as selected by Heather) - Rachelle, Kenny & Sarah (only has to sleep in the room due to having a Slop pass unless she chooses to save it for later)

I approve!

UberTag

THURSDAY LATE NIGHT FEED UPDATE:
Sabrina officially outed the F5 alliance to Allison. Sabrina fears that Rachelle will go home against Kenny should she happen to be on the block as a pawn (as she suspects) so she's confiding in Allison in hopes that Allison will be compelled to suggest Sarah as a pawn to Heather to ensure that Kenny goes home, Rachelle is saved and Sabrina can justify voting against Kenny to evict him without betraying the F5's trust.

Sabrina (logically) believes a Kenny-Rachelle vote would go as follows.

Evict Rachelle: Sabrina, Arlie, Allison, Sarah
Evict Kenny: Adel, Jon, Neda

Sabrina, of course, fails to realize that Arlie plans to vote Kenny out himself and to pin his vote on someone else (i.e. Allison or Sabrina).

Holmes

Ew, that hypocritical bigot Adel is safe for another week. Will he call anyone a faggot this week and run to the DR crying about bullies again? BB will probably hide the secret veto in his Quran.

UberTag

Ew, that hypocritical bigot Adel is safe for another week. Will he call anyone a faggot this week and run to the DR crying about bullies again? BB will probably hide the secret veto in his Quran.
Ooooh... I know this game.
Is the category "Things Brian Lynch Would Say"? Am I right?

Never fear. BB Canada Production plans on giving the secret veto to their favorite son... Kenny.

UberTag

INITIAL NOMINATIONS THIS WEEK:
Kenny and Allison

The votes for those noms should they remain unchanged are already telegraphed.

Vote to Evict Kenny - Adel, Arlie, Jon, Neda, Rachelle
Vote to Evict Allison - Sabrina, Sarah

However, I have every reason to expect BB Canada Production will step in and toss Kenny a life raft in the form of the Secret Veto so those won't be the noms come Thursday. We're more likely looking at a Sabrina/Rachelle vote (where Sabrina leaves) or a Rachelle/Allison vote (where Allison leaves). Provided, of course, the Secret Veto isn't a Diamond veto that would make things even crazier.

UberTag

ALLIANCE UPDATE (
in the event of an expected Kenny eviction unless either he or Sarah secure the POV or the secret veto - heading into double eviction night
):

Arlie {Sarah} + Adel {Heather} + Jon {Neda}
aka "The Goof Troop"

vs.

Sabrina + Rachelle + Allison
aka "The Gremlins"

In the event of a Rachelle/Allison HOH win on double eviction night, I would suspect that Arlie will suggest Jon/Neda or Jon/Adel noms (to deflect attention from his two intended targets - either Neda first or Adel second). Whereas the Gremlins would expect Jon to be evicted and be semi-blindsided.

In the event of the other side winning HOH (most likely Jon - as Heather can't play, Adel is useless and Neda/Arlie/Sarah will continue to throw), Allison & Rachelle would be nominated and flip a coin as to which one would leave. I would assume Allison.

Double-eviction night comps are somewhat flukey so I can even foresee a Sabrina or Adel winning for a change.

are those alliance names self-applied or did they come from you/sucks/jokers/mortys/whatever

BB alliance names are almost uniformly ~terrible~

at least "first five" made sense

Holmes

Ooooh... I know this game.
Is the category "Things Brian Lynch Would Say"? Am I right?

Never fear. BB Canada Production plans on giving the secret veto to their favorite son... Kenny.
Please, Kenny is done. It's just annoying seeing people use homophobic remarks, not apologize and get away with it. What's worse is that Adel then whines about how the house is full of bullies. At least Jon doesn't act the morally superior part.

This shit happens with all popular BB houseguests - they use slurs, but the fans just look away. Make up excuses. He's the underdog! He didn't mean it! Same thing with Jeff in BB11&13. It's annoying. BB fans can be such hypocrites.

UberTag

are those alliance names self-applied or did they come from you/sucks/jokers/mortys/whatever

BB alliance names are almost uniformly ~terrible~

at least "first five" made sense
The Goof Troop is self-applied for the trio of Adel+Jon+Arlie but it hasn't been endorsed by BB Canada Production due to being synonymous with a Disney license.

The Gremlins is actually a name that Sarah came up with for Sabrina and Rachelle that has somewhat stuck between her and Kenny and has since been picked up by the BB fan community. The girls aren't calling themselves Gremlins. But other people in the house are.

This shit happens with all popular BB houseguests - they use slurs, but the fans just look away. Make up excuses. He's the underdog! He didn't mean it! Same thing with Jeff in BB11&13. It's annoying. BB fans can be such hypocrites.
I actually don't disagree with any of that. BB fans are largely hypocrites. Jeff Schroeder is a homophobe. But I also don't think people should lose sleep over the prejudices of ignorant people playing a game on reality television.

And they should be willing to frame their own opinions of people outside of the massaged editing of the Big Brother producers. When they can't they lose perspective and they then do silly things like sending death threats to Shelly Moore's kids after she sent Jeff home on double eviction night.

It's funny you should mention Jeff, though. Because Kenny strikes me as the most entitled person to ever play the game SINCE Jeff and received a similar "kid gloves" treatment as Jeff did. There's a reason I'm ironically making comments of Production handing him the secret veto. If Jeff Schroeder gets a coup d'etat handed to him, why shouldn't Kenny receive similar treatment?

POV PLAYERS THIS WEEK:
In addition to Heather, Kenny and Allison... we will also see Always-Throw-It-Arlie, Never-Wins-Sabrina and Rachelle play in this week's POV comp.

Also, Allison spilled about the First Five to Heather... who then spilled about the First Five to Jon, Neda and Adel... so they're all very aware of how entrenched Arlie has been since Day 1.

Rachelle's vote has flipped since last night back to Allison if the noms remain unchanged. So it'll be 4-3 to evict Kenny instead of 5-2.
If Kenny wins POV and Sarah goes up as a replacement nominee as Heather currently plans, Allison will be evicted and the First 4 will be back in control after almost splintering irreparably over the past 24 hours.

UberTag

VETO WINNER THIS WEEK:
<brace yourselves>

<you're not going to like it>

<what _____ wants, _____ gets>

<fill in the blanks>

<too hard?>

Alrighty then... <who calls Arisa "precious" when voting during live BB episodes?>

<...>

<still too hard?>

_________________________________ KENNY WON POV ________________________
wtzgU.gif

THURSDAY DOUBLE EVICTION OUTLOOK:
Sarah is going up as a replacement nominee. Will Arlie turn his back on her? To save Allison of all people?
I ain't buying it.
We probably won't know until we see him alone or his DR confessionals.
His interaction with Sabrina the next few days may be the only "tell" we get.

As of right now, though... it's looking like:

Votes to Evict Sarah: Adel, Arlie, Jon & Neda
Votes to Evict Allison: Kenny, Rachelle & Sabrina

Big-Brother-Canada-2-2014-04-05-23-27-20-108.jpeg

Holmes

It's funny you should mention Jeff, though. Because Kenny strikes me as the most entitled person to ever play the game SINCE Jeff and received a similar "kid gloves" treatment as Jeff did. There's a reason I'm ironically making comments of Production handing him the secret veto. If Jeff Schroeder gets a coup d'etat handed to him, why shouldn't Kenny receive similar treatment?
Kenny can be pretty bad but nothing will ever compare to BB13 Jeff. I'd never heard the words "I deserve" used so much before watching him on that season.

Diablos

I watched the first ep just to see what it was like.

Same crap, different country. I'm so sorry, Canada. Just do yourself a favor and realize the game is rigged when it needs to be from the producers' point of view. Best to quit wasting precious hours of your life getting hung up on this show.

I've gotta say though, the houseguests seem to be a lot more diverse and real than what we typically get here in the states. Too bad they're sucked into the same vortex anyway.

Holmes

Yeah, Canada's cast is much more diverse, despite having the same casting director as the American counterpart. CBS and Slice probably give her different casting standards.

It's like a night/day difference.

I haven't watched too much of this season, but I remember last season they had multiple black/brown/asians in the house vs BBUS which typically has only one token minority.

Even the white people are more diverse, BBUS would never cast someone as white as Andrew was.

UberTag

SECRET VETO RECIPIENT:
____Allison____

So both of the current nominees are now covered. Who knows exactly what the stips surrounding Allison's veto are and whether it has multiple week usage.

The misfits have decided on a more appropriate alliance name:

Heather
Adel/Allison/Arlie
NeDa
Jon

The Hand J's. In tribute of Allison's parting gift for Gordo.
(Note: This alliance name still works even if Arlie/Allison defect/float.)

POV Ceremony:

Kenny saved himself, Allison chose not to use the Secret POV, Heather put Sarah up as a replacement. Sarah is surely going home on Thursday.

POV Ceremony:

Kenny saved himself, Allison chose not to use the Secret POV, Heather put Sarah up as a replacement. Sarah is surely going home on Thursday.

We don't know when Alison is allowed to use it. It could be only at the eviction ceremony. Matt in BB12 had the DPOV and only could use it at the eviction ceremony which he did. It would be pretty stupid not to use it if she is on the block, like Marcellus kind of stupid. It's known that the votes are split down the middle with Arlie being the deciding vote. That is a huge risk to depend on one vote.

Diablos

Yeah, Canada's cast is much more diverse, despite having the same casting director as the American counterpart. CBS and Slice probably give her different casting standards.
Wow, same casting director? Speaks volumes. Although I am sure they feel pressure to try to make the cast different than the US which automatically forces them to diversify.

BB US casting is so fucking horrible.

UberTag

given how vile she was to heather for weeks, this is [j u s t i c e]

QVos69c.gif
QVos69c.gif
QVos69c.gif
QVos69c.gif
QVos69c.gif

Sarah's leaving despite entering the week positioned marvelously as Arlie's parachute alliance?
She's getting evicted and the rest of the Gloom Four will be on their own now that their cover has been blown?
The Sloppy Seconds / Last Six are running away with the game as we approach Double Eviction night?
Adel and Allison still have their veto powers in reserve?

Sabrina doesn't like this news one bit...

Bkp9JJvCIAAoxBn.jpg

Heather wins the prize for having the best HOH week of the season.
Jon is now the overwhelming favorite to win BB Canada 2 due to his insanely strong social game.

UberTag

It's always nice to revisit game-changing moments in the house.
We can look back at this one and know this is when Sarah's chance at $100,000 for her family died.

ALLIANCE UPDATE (
in the event of an expected Kenny eviction unless either he or Sarah secure the POV or the secret veto - heading into double eviction night
):

Arlie {Sarah} + Adel {Heather} + Jon {Neda}
aka "The Goof Troop"

vs.

Sabrina + Rachelle + Allison
aka "The Gremlins"
Clearly the above didn't pan out so it's time to revisit what's changed following the house shift after POV.

Jon / Neda / Adel / Heather / Arlie
aka "The Sloppy Seconds"

(notice how I haven't sub-divided the girls into individual alliances as this is now a cohesive unit)

vs.

Allison
(Allison may be a part of the above alliance but she was thrown into it by circumstance to save herself from eviction this week and still feels loyal to the folks on the other side of the house - her veto power DOES have multi-week use)

vs.

Kenny / Sabrina / Rachelle
aka "The Forsaken"

Adel's POV replacement power is also now fully established with his alliance partners - its shelf-life is running out as we'll be down to 9 players heading into Double Eviction night and 6 play in every veto.

The game plan for the Sloppy Seconds on DE night is that if one of Jon/Neda/Arlie win HOH, they plan to nominate Sabrina & Rachelle and use Adel's POV replacement card to remove Kenny from the names drawn to participate in POV. Clearly, this will not be an option if Adel wins HOH but it's not like he's been winning comps anyway.

Allison plans to throw the comp and hopes to win HOH post-DE so she can potentially swing back to the Forsaken side of the house - especially if the Seconds lose someone on Thursday. She plans to target Arlie. If the Forsaken lose someone on Thursday, she has plans to potentially use her veto to save either Sabrina or Kenny if they're the target to go home over Rachelle during the week following DE if she's NOT HOH.

The Forsaken still plan to nominate either Jon & Adel, Jon & Neda or Jon & Arlie if they win HOH during DE night - with the intention of taking out Jon. That may be easier said than done as it's a 6-person vote and he's extremely well-insulated.

They will control two of those votes and the tiebreaker but they'll need to sway at least one vote from either Allison or the Seconds side of the house to take out Jon. If they put up Jon & Arlie, I doubt they get it. I'm fairly certain they would successfully boot Jon if he's against Adel or Neda, however.

The post-DE HOH comp is typically endurance which will highly favor Neda/Allison/Rachelle more than anyone else in the house. The DE HOH comp should be a quiz comp of some kind and the DE POV will be an obstacle course challenge.

As the show is taped in advance, we'll have some tense minutes waiting out spoilers on Thursday. The eviction vote for Sarah is still expected to be 4 votes to 3 - with Kenny, Sabrina and Rachelle voting to evict Allison.

Parch

I don't know about the cast be diverse. One player over 40 and he was a pathetic dumbass who couldn't even do the competitions. It was blatently obvious in the first couple of episodes that this goof was going to be shunned and gone early.

They have a decent diversity for personalities, race, and region, but it's pretty clear they wanted a 20-something demographic in the house. Other reality shows have much better age diversity.

I think a Big Brother with the same amount of under 30's as over 40's would be pretty interesting. There would certainly be more conflict than all this buddy buddy hang-out and have a good time atmosphere.

It's always nice to revisit game-changing moments in the house.
Allison
(Allison may be a part of the above alliance but she was thrown into it by circumstance to save herself from eviction this week and still feels loyal to the folks on the other side of the house - her veto power DOES have multi-week use)

Allison plans to throw the comp and hopes to win HOH post-DE so she can potentially swing back to the Forsaken side of the house - especially if the Seconds lose someone on Thursday. She plans to target Arlie. If the Forsaken lose someone on Thursday, she has plans to potentially use her veto to save either Sabrina or Kenny if they're the target to go home over Rachelle during the week following DE if she's NOT HOH.
Has it been known that Alison could have used the veto at the veto ceremony? I know it's different than the DPOV but that could only be used at the eviction ceremony. It would take huge balls not to use it this week at all despite the house being openly divided. All it takes is one deal for someone to switch their vote it's not like it's unanimous Sarah is going. And if the Veto does have multi week use than why would she use it on anybody else but herself? It would be smart to save it until later.

If Alison does swing back she would target Jon and Neda not Arlie. He's been the one that made an effort out of anyone this week to talk game and work with her and she did say "Gordo said to stick with you Arlie!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom