• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Mael

The fortunes were also if they stayed, it's clear that the future predicted didn't come to pass because they acted on the predictions anyway.

Nibel

This is Togashi's revenge for people trashing his art style

Goddammit he still has it
EWmof.gif

Kassu

Banned
Also, I know Togashi is unpredictable, but is there any chance the succession battle doesn't end in one of two ways?

1. Tserriednich wins, (Woble might be the only other surviving prince if she escapes) and Kurapika must find a way to take him out on the DC. He could end up being very powerful with a strong nen ability + a terrifying nen beast, and seeing Pika take on a non-spider that strong would be interesting.

2. Woble wins by default as the other Princes take each other out and Kurapika takes down Tserriednich.

#2 almost seems more likely to me, as I don't think Kurapika will actually be part of the DC expedition once Tserriednich is taken care of. This seems like his arc while DC will be mainly Ging's. I could see him dealing with Tserriednich and then secretly returning to the mainland with Woble to avoid the wrath of Hui Guo Rou, who is now left without a successor.
3. Nobody wins? Do we know what happens if all Princes are dead?

DrD

would be a way to go for him to use those powers to kill woble and then die himself. maybe he puts a restriction chain on his heart and makes it a rule that is he ever attacks woble he dies. at this point i fully expect him to be killed off here and the rest of the voyage focused on leorio and ging.
I think it's too early for Kurapika to die. The Kurta clan seems to have connections to the Dark Continent (most likely originally from there) and he might encounter Pariston later in the story if it really was him that was responsible for the Kurta clan massacre.

Philippo

I think it's too early for Kurapika to die. The Kurta clan seems to have connections to the Dark Continent (most likely originally from there) and he might encounter Pariston later in the story if it really was him that was responsible for the Kurta clan massacre.

Wait what? Where does this come from?
I thought it was Tserrednich?

Lulubop

spiders are on the boat. hisoka is likely going to murder a great number of them. this boat trip is going end the story for a bunch of characters. the DC continent will probably only leave a couple of people alive at the end too. i can't see the story being focused on kurapika all that time.

Yep, this is end of the line for a lot of characters. I think Ging, Beyond, Pariston and the other Zodiacs will sit this out for the most part, until the dc. If the spiders find our Kurapika is on board they'll get involved in this whole thing too, then Hisoka will follow.

Togashi is really flexing those horror muscles this arc huh, some grotesque designs here lol

Love it though

I think This is all going to lead to kurapika and tsered (can't remember his full.name lol) having a crazy nen battle

One thing for sure though is that this is going to be a gruesome arc, probably more so than yorknew, and I'm fucking hyyyped

cue hiatusxhiatus

BOTH RUBBER AND GUM

The most dangerous combination

DrD

Wait what? Where does this come from?
I thought it was Tserrednich?
I think this is where the theory about Pariston originated from.

Summary:
  • Pariston is Sheila from Kurapika's flashback story (the two look very similar, Sheila talked about wanting to become a hunter, she has rat ears while Pariston is the rat Zodiac, and Sheila's suspicious behaviour)
  • It was Pariston that led the Troupe to the location of the Kurta clan with the book Sheila gave Kurapika and Pairo (Kurapika blames himself for the massacre because of when he got mad his eyes turned red and some people noticed)
  • Sheila got to befriend Kurapika and Pairo - Pariston told Ging he loves to destroy things he likes
  • Tserriednich has what looks like Pairo's head while all the other Kurta's eyes were taken out. Pairo is the only Kurta other than Kurapika that met Sheila.
  • Kurapika and Pariston have not run into each other yet, most likely because Kurapika might see his resemblance to Sheila. Kurapika also took Pariston's place as the rat Zodiac.
I doubt Tserriednich was involved with the massacre itself. It looks like he's an organ collector (he's messed up) so he most likely bought the eyes and head off of someone. It was through the Hunter Association that Kurapika learned that Tserriednich has the eyes, the same association that Pariston was Vice-Chairman of and has moles on the inside. This is kind of separate but I think Mizaistom might also be working for Pariston.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think this is where the theory about Pariston originated from.

Summary:
  • Pariston is Sheila from Kurapika's flashback story (the two look very similar, Sheila talked about wanting to become a hunter, she has rat ears while Pariston is the rat Zodiac, and Sheila's suspicious behaviour)
  • It was Pariston that led the Troupe to the location of the Kurta clan with the book Sheila gave Kurapika and Pairo (Kurapika blames himself for the massacre because of when he got mad his eyes turned red and some people noticed)
  • Sheila got to befriend Kurapika and Pairo - Pariston told Ging he loves to destroy things he likes
  • Tserriednich has what looks like Pairo's head while all the other Kurta's eyes were taken out. Pairo is the only Kurta other than Kurapika that met Sheila.
  • Kurapika and Pariston have not run into each other yet, most likely because Kurapika might see his resemblance to Sheila. Kurapika also took Pariston's place as the rat Zodiac.
I doubt Tserriednich was involved with the massacre itself. It looks like he's an organ collector (he's messed up) so he most likely bought the eyes and head off of someone. It was through the Hunter Association that Kurapika learned that Tserriednich has the eyes, the same association that Pariston was Vice-Chairman of and has moles on the inside. This is kind of separate but I think Mizaistom might also be working for Pariston.

I don't think the timeline lines up though.

Euphony

Banned
I'm with B-Dubs on this one in that I doubt the validity of the theory. The OP on reddit wrote a lot but I think a lot of it relies too much on speculation based on "probablies".

And yea the Kurta clan massacre happened 5 years prior to the hunter exam where Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio got their licenses. If Pariston wasn't a hunter at that point, 5 years is not enough time to become not only a hunter, but a 3-star hunter and vice-chairman of the association. If Pariston lied about who he was, which I guess is more likely, I still have doubts. I don't see Pariston as someone who would have any trouble finding the Kurta village by himself if he really wanted to. The village may have been hidden, but for a person who likely was already a 2-3 star hunter and maybe a Zodiac member already, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also called it, there's people from Beyond and Pariston on the boat!

I must have missed it, which ones? Unless you just mean the generic bodyguards Pariston hired to infiltrate the boat.

Anyway, I think the Nen Beasts not being able to attack the other beasts or even the other princes is unexpected and a neat twist on things. And the designs of the beasts are great and really turning this into a horror show.

As for Pariston, I don't think he had anything to do with the Kurta massacre, but from the convergence of people involved with this arc alone, I wouldn't be surprised if he made a play at Phantom Troupe membership based on whatever his plans are. A lot of the Troupe will probably be wiped out and Chrollo might be in need of a good number two...

Big One

Banned
As much as I'm enjoying this arc, I would enjoy it a lot more if it was actually viable to be completed this year. :/ I hope Togashi does what he did that one time with the Hunter Election arc and stay long enough to finish this boat ride arc.

The Dark Continent itself...no telling how long that's going to take to finish.

Mael

Pariston is probably not even worth fighting, he's just fucking annoying and capable of being an incredible nuisance.
He's a troll that's bad enough that this alone was enough for Netero to choose as his 2nd in command.
He's the embodiment of trolling, if he had a gaf handle he would leave it a waste because you couldn't possibly ban him and would be so bad most of us would be banned instead.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Pariston is probably not even worth fighting, he's just fucking annoying and capable of being an incredible nuisance.
He's a troll that's bad enough that this alone was enough for Netero to choose as his 2nd in command.
He's the embodiment of trolling, if he had a gaf handle he would leave it a waste because you couldn't possibly ban him and would be so bad most of us would be banned instead.

tumblr_naxkwaKGAi1td5qjgo1_500.gif

LotusHD

Banned
Pariston continues the trend of smug characters who you can't wait to finally see their asses get kicked. The last one was Doflamingo who's no longer on the list, now its Pariston's turn.

Akainu

It's always crazy to me how the manga took it that far and then the anime basically doubled down on the intensity another 5 times. that gif is crazy man.

considering the anime was using flowers to censor Hisoka in the first few episodes
Power of changing time slots.

Daingurse

Pariston continues the trend of smug characters who you can't wait to finally see their asses get kicked. The last one was Doflamingo who's no longer on the list, now its Pariston's turn.

I liked Doffy too much. I didn't get that much satisfaction from his defeat (King Kong Gun was hype though). Can't wait till someone breaks him out of Impel Down.

But Pariston? Yeah, I want him put in his place. Right after I learn his endgame lol.

LotusHD

Banned
I liked Doffy too much. I didn't get that much satisfaction from his defeat (King Kong Gun was hype though). Can't wait till someone breaks him out of Impel Down.

But Pariston? Yeah, I want him put in his place. Right after I learn his endgame lol.

Ever since Doffy came out unscathed from that huge ass war with a huge grin on his face, I've been waiting for him to finally get his.

Speaking of which, I always wanted to make a thread where people list characters, anime or otherwise, that they've been waiting for them to get that comeuppance lol

Daingurse

Ever since Doffy came out unscathed from that huge ass war with a huge grin on his face, I've been waiting for him to finally get his.

Speaking of which, I always wanted to make a thread where people list characters, anime or otherwise, that they've been waiting for them to get that comeuppance lol

I honestly still want Ging to get his lol. What Leorio did was amazingly cathartic, but I want someone who can actually clean Ging's clock, proper. I am still very conflicted towards him!

Pariston's Nen probably has a set of overly convoluted conditions and who knows what it would be used for. He claims to be weak, but anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt anyway. Regardless, Ging claimed that trying to counter Pariston with violence wouldn't solve anything, so even if Pariston gets outmaneuvered during this arc I don't think it would be satisfying.

I can see Pariston having Nen that is quite similar to Yū Kaitō 's (Yu Yu Hakusho Esper who stole your soul with a word game) power, where violence isn't allowed and it's some kind of mental game involved.

Pariston's Nen probably has a set of overly convoluted conditions and who knows what it would be used for. He claims to be weak, but anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt anyway. Regardless, Ging claimed that trying to counter Pariston with violence wouldn't solve anything, so even if Pariston gets outmaneuvered during this arc I don't think it would be satisfying.
His nen ability is to fuck people over.

Top Bottom