• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.03: "What Kate Does" (The Del Taco On La Cienega Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
How the hell did I post in the last thread 83 times?! :lol

I thought I was much more muted than that...but the numbers don't lie.

gdt

When I rewatched LA X yesterday, my OnDemand aired a new promo. It was awesome. Only new stuff I saw was

PREVIEW SPOILER
Jack screaming/asking someone why his name is "there," and what does "he" want from me

Not too big. Pretty obvious from last week/whats going on.

Go Jack go!

I guess I should have posted more "omgz and wtf's" to make the list. Here's to another great Lost episode and hoping Kate "does" the dirty.

Xrenity

EliCash said:
Is it just me that doesn't like Shang Tsung and Glasses Man... I hope Jack and Sawyer fuck them up.
Yeah don't care much for them.

Just kinda stereotype Japanese dude with his translator. And the translating takes up twice as much time as when Shang'd be talking English :( Less time for Locke.

gdt

got2bekidding said:
I guess I should have posted more "omgz and wtf's" to make the list. Here's to another great Lost episode and hoping Kate "does" the dirty.

Alot of people don't post during the episode. Solo and I don't, for example.

EliCash

BenjaminBirdie said:
I don't I'll ever not like Sol Starr in anything he's ever in.

I take it thats glasses man, and I take it Sol Starr is his name in Deadwood. Yeah I've yet to watch Deadwood, despite the fact I own the first season.

I'm not really a fan of this temple nonsense just now. Not sure why, the temple is something I always wanted to see.

MMaRsu

Banned
What is la cienega? Anyway, I can't frikkin wait guys!!! Gonna rewatch the last episode before watching this.

By the way, at what time in GMT is this going to be online? Any clues ^^

Yaweee

Seeing a list of episode titles, there might be one or two titles of the next eight or so that might be spoiler-ish, but I'm certain people will warn BB ahead of time if necessary.

Plot blurbs and character-centric notes probably aren't necessary, and I know of at least one episode for which people will want to be surprised.

Also, are you intentionally not including the Guest Starring list, like you stopped doing late last season? Good call if so, as those tend to give away some awesome twists.

Zeliard

Xrenity said:
Yeah don't care much for them.

Just kinda stereotype Japanese dude with his translator. And the translating takes up twice as much time as when Shang'd be talking English :( Less time for Locke.

He doesn't like the taste of English on his tongue.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Shang Tsung's got some history they need to get into. I'm hoping the guy knows self-defense beyond the fact that he's japanese, therefore of course he knows karate :lol

What's crazy to me is that LOST is still introducing new characters even though we're in the final season of the show and have so much to wrap up.

Solo

gdt5016 said:
Alot of people don't post during the episode. Solo and I don't, for example.

I never do for any show. I just dont get the appeal. But whatever floats everyone's C4 loaded freighter boats, I guess.

gdt

EliCash said:
I take it thats glasses man, and I take it Sol Starr is his name in Deadwood. Yeah I've yet to watch Deadwood, despite the fact I own the first season.

I'm not really a fan of this temple nonsense just now. Not sure why, the temple is something I always wanted to see.

I totally dug the temple.

I also (for whatever reason) dug the visual of all our Losties sitting around some spring of life. Just hanging around the edge of the hole, all beat up and depressed. Really liked it.

Solo said:
I never do for any show. I just dont get the appeal. But whatever floats everyone's C4 loaded freighter boats, I guess.

I will say I'll be popping in during commercials, I think.

woodchuck

Calcaneus said:
I'm actually expecting this to be a low-key episode. Not really hoping for many mindfuck, "omgwtf" moments.

supposedly the last ten minutes are supposed to set the story for the rest of the season

gdt

woodchuck said:
supposedly the last ten minutes are supposed to set the story for the rest of the season

asdlfjdlfadskljflaskdjfsdjflksdjf

go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

sinxtanx

I personally hope they will start interacting (somehow) over the different dimensions.
But then this is LOST, there will probably be something even weirder going on.

Nameless

Pakkidis said:
The weeks wait is killer, I may just wait until the end of the season and watch everything at once but I'm not strong enough.

I've said before, watching Lost week to week with commercial breaks is a gimped way to consume the story, but the community aspect makes up for it. I actually take that approach with lesser shows sometimes , but I know I watch Lost for a reason, and If I didn't watch, this show, that knowledge would eat me alive from the inside out, until I decided to watch.

MMaRsu

Banned
got2bekidding said:
You have to work or something? That has got to be an excruciating wait.

Nah, I live in the Netherlands so it airs around 3AM midnight I think. I refuse to watch a crappy stream so I'll just watch it the morning after.. or something.. I'll be asleep by the time it airs anyway.

Or maybe I'll just stay up like last time.. probably not though :lol

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Nameless said:
I've said before, watching Lost week to week with commercial breaks is a gimped way to consume the story, but the community aspect makes up for it. I actually take that approach with lesser shows sometimes , but I know I watch Lost for a reason, and If I didn't watch, this show, that knowledge would eat me alive from the inside out, until I decided to watch.
You never seem to run out of these. Love it. :lol

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Solo said:
Its so easy and fun to turn anything into a LOST quote :lol
WHY DO YOU FIND IT SO EASY?

Yaweee said:
Seeing a list of episode titles, there might be one or two titles of the next eight or so that might be spoiler-ish, but I'm certain people will warn BB ahead of time if necessary.

Plot blurbs and character-centric notes probably aren't necessary, and I know of at least one episode for which people will want to be surprised.

Also, are you intentionally not including the Guest Starring list, like you stopped doing late last season? Good call if so, as those tend to give away some awesome twists.

I'll spoil myself week to week. Like I said, after seeing the week before, there's never been a title that's ever been a huge spoiler.

The Press Release I saw had no Guest Starring list.

MMaRsu said:
Nah, I live in the Netherlands so it airs around 3AM midnight I think. I refuse to watch a crappy stream so I'll just watch it the morning after.. or something.. I'll be asleep by the time it airs anyway.

Or maybe I'll just stay up like last time.. probably not though :lol
Oh cool! I've always wanted to go there. :D
I don't blame you for not watching the streams. I know from trying to watch football games that there are rarely good quality ones to watch. Plus ABC's site has HD, which is awesome since I go back and watch them again later in the week.

Zeliard

Mild imperfectations on gorgeous women are hot, like Evangeline Lilly's buckteeth and Yvonne Strahovski's underbite.

Solo

Zeliard said:
Mild imperfectations on gorgeous women are hot, like Evangeline Lilly's buckteeth and Yvonne Strahovski's underbite.

Yvonne's teeth are much more buck than Evangeline's. In fact, Id never thought of EL as having buck teeth until you said it.

But yes, agree with your overall point.

EliCash

MMaRsu said:
What is la cienega? Anyway, I can't frikkin wait guys!!! Gonna rewatch the last episode before watching this.

By the way, at what time in GMT is this going to be online? Any clues ^^

It's a boulevard in LA I'm pretty sure. I only know it from the song "La Cienega Just Smiled" :lol

And as for when it will be up I'm not sure, I normally just download the morning after :p

gdt5016 said:
I totally dug the temple.

I also (for whatever reason) dug the visual of all our Losties sitting around some spring of life. Just hanging around the edge of the hole, all beat up and depressed. Really liked it.

I will say I'll be popping in during commercials, I think.

When I look at it like that it is pretty cool I guess. Theres just something about the temple stuff I didn't like. Can't really put my finger on it. Maybe I just wanted more Flocke and LA X stuff.

I'm so glad I didn't start watching Lost until last summer and then burned through the five seasons on Netflix. Amazing experience.

Blader

Solo said:
Next week's ep is on by bday. Lindelcuse gonna gift me up reallll good.

fffuuuuuuuuuu

I just realized I won't be able to watch next week's ep when it airs. =\

....because I'll be seeing Shutter Island :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Solo said:
That finger has probably been up Charlie's butthole

LOST

How so? She's dating/fucking Charlie? My god.. how do these ugly actors get hot chicks o_O. I mean aside from having a nice personality and a wad of cash.

Zeliard

Solo said:
Yvonne's teeth are much more buck than Evangeline's. In fact, Id never thought of EL as having buck teeth until you said it.

But yes, agree with your overall point.

Lilly's got some straight-up rabbit teeth in that middle finger pic.

And it's hot.

Nameless

Catalix said:
You never seem to run out of these. Love it. :lol

Once Lost ends I think that's pretty much how i'm going to respond to everything on GAF. Treat this bitch like one of those old school AOL
role playing chatrooms from back in the day.

So much untapped potential in girl-age threads.

Solo

Blader5489 said:
fffuuuuuuuuuu

I just realized I won't be able to watch next week's ep when it airs. =\

....because I'll be seeing Shutter Island :D

Nice. I wont be seeing it until Saturday, which is the 20th I believe.

EliCash

I didn't even realise Evi's teeth until I rewatched Eggtown yesterday, for like the 5th time. Didn't really notice them before. Weird.

But yeah I don't see them as an imperfection. Dey iz hawt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom