• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.10: "The Package" (You Ever Notice The Arrow In The Fed Ex Logo? Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Tim-E said:
2mzb9xf.jpg
:lol

Solo

half a moon said:
From lurking, this statement reminds me of that Solo guy's typing style. It's incestuous.

There can be only one, and he is me, myself and I. The alpha and the omega. Coke and Pepsi. Locke and MIB.

Zeliard

I'll be disappointed if Terry O'Quinn and Titus Welliver don't end up sharing a scene together before all is said and done, somehow.

Solo

Zeliard said:
I'll be disappointed if Terry O'Quinn and Titus Welliver don't end up sharing a scene together before all is said and done, somehow.

No joke, during Ab Aeterno, I never heard the final "woosh" carrying us to a flashback, and I half busted a nut when I saw MIB sitting there (in what I presumed was the present) and I thought he and Locke were separate entities.

MMaRsu

Banned
Brinbe said:

Fucking SWEEEEEEEET. Watching Curb until it airs then :D.

Jin will be awesome this episode :D. The reunion will be cool as hell too. And I'm actually curious about the X-timeline this time.

Zeliard

Solo said:
No joke, during Ab Aeterno, I never heard the final "woosh" carrying us to a flashback, and I half busted a nut when I saw MIB sitting there (in what I presumed was the present) and I thought he and Locke were separate entities.

They should offer us a mindfuck at some point in the form of Titus meeting up with Locke X. It would make some sort of sense, too. After all, some theorize that timeline X is one where Jacob isn't around and Smokey escaped the island. And in that timeline, if Smokey does exist, he obviously wouldn't be inhabiting Locke's body.

threenote

Banned
I also thought the last scene of last week's episode was not a flashback. I expected Locke to sit with The Man in Black on that log--I felt it made sense because the smoke monster has always been referred to as cerebreus.

Zeliard said:

Lets not wish for Lost to jump the shark by bringing Locke back to life.

Solo

TheGreatDave said:

Sayid, motherfucka!

Hell, the show has jumped the shark about 20 times by now according to Lindelcuse themselves :lol NOTHING IS IRREVERSIBLE

Zeliard

TheGreatDave said:

I didn't say anything about bringing Locke back to life. Notice how I was talking about Locke X in the subsequent post, a guy who is very much alive. I just want those two actors to meet up.

Magnus

Man, the shining sun outside totally threw me off. I'm not used to watching Lost in the "day time" and almost forgot it's on in 20 minutes, haha.

Also, am I the only one not digging the actors playing Jacob and MiB? I thought I was merely in a minority, but I haven't found one like-minded viewer yet. :lol

Zeliard

Solo said:
Sayid, motherfucka!

Hell, the show has jumped the shark about 20 times by now according to Lindelcuse themselves :lol NOTHING IS IRREVERSIBLE

Yeah, it would take quite a bit for a show like this to jump the shark at this point. We've got alternate versions of everyone dead walking around, and with the show's goofy hybrid of pseudo-science and pure fantasy, anything can happen. The island's even got its own spiffy fountain of youth.

We're halfway through the final season and the two most important characters in the series, MIB and Jacob, can still be anything. They've left themselves quite a bit of elbow room. Let's hope they don't crash through the walls.

Though I will say that Island Locke coming back to life would be completely nonsensical unless they just time travel his death away. He's a skeleton at this point. They should put him in the spring and see if he re-animates. A walking skeleton with the voice and mannerisms of Terry O'Quinn - I think only at that point would Lost have truly jumped the shark.

Solo

Magnus said:

Also, am I the only one not digging the actors playing Jacob and MiB? I thought I was merely in a minority, but I haven't found one like-minded viewer yet. :lol

Titus Welliver as MIB? Pitch-fucking-perfect. Hes the MIB we all wanted and didnt even know it.
Mark Pellegrino as Jacob? Hate him in the role. And I like the guy in other stuff.

Blader

I really hope Jacob brings Locke back to life, if only to see the resulting paradox cause Solo's head to explode.

Solo said:
Titus Welliver as MIB? Pitch-fucking-perfect. Hes the MIB we all wanted and didnt even know it.
Mark Pellegrino as Jacob? Hate him in the role. And I like the guy in other stuff.

Maybe you just hate Jacob. After all, he IS the previous Jack.

Solo

TheGreatDave said:
Maybe you just hate Jacob. After all, he IS the previous Jack.

I honestly cant tell if Im supposed to like or loathe Jacob. I know I FEEL the latter, but I have no idea what the intent is :lol :lol

Solo said:
I honestly cant tell if Im supposed to like or loathe Jacob. I know I FEEL the latter, but I have no idea what the intent is :lol :lol

I certainly prefer MIB, but I have no problem with Jacob. He just plays the role of smug Godlike figure who views everyone with contempt. He's cool in an asshole-y way?

Brinbe

Deadly said:
Really? I didn't enjoy it that much. There's only one scene in particular that I enjoyed.
Well, considering how low my expectations were, it topped it. Not as good as last week, obviously, but it moved the story along well enough.

Deadly

Dabookerman said:
What time is this starting? Are Canada showing this earlier like last week?
The Atlantic channel just finished showing it, all other Canadians should be getting it now.

Thermite

Already Tuesday? Goddamn. Time has flown by. :p

I'm really interested in seeing what exactly is up with Jin and Sun's relationship in X universe, because there definitely appears to be some major differences (ie, no wedding ring). And "Locke confront his enemy"? HOLY SHIT!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You just opened yourself up to a world of hurt. People have a serious hatred for Rose and Bernard that I don't quite get. I think it stems back to being angry that "minor" characters got a flashback. Ah, season 2.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Rose and Bernard hate is highly irrational.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm willing to bet money that they still aren't reunited in this episode. :lol

Also, I want tonight's episode to end with the door in the submarine opening to reveal Desmond inside. If it doesn't, FUCK THIS SHOW.

Archaix said:
You just opened yourself up to a world of hurt. People have a serious hatred for Rose and Bernard that I don't quite get. I think it stems back to being angry that "minor" characters got a flashback. Ah, season 2.

For me it's because Rose is a bitch and Bernard takes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom