• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.15: "Across The Sea" (You Can't Really Balance An Egg On The Equinox Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
Spire said:
Be awesome? Be the only freighter folk that wasn't a dick right off the bat? Actually have more than one line of dialogue every three episodes?

Hey, Faraday wasn't a dick right off the bat. He was just... Faraday.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
107j9xv.gif

NimbusD

Flash said:
im guessing ben, miles and possibly richard are being saved for the next batch of deaths

They're probably already dead. They just couldn't fit in time for their on screen deaths because they had to give us all those super answers last episode.

Kurtofan

NimbusD said:
They're probably already dead. They just couldn't fit in time for their on screen deaths because they had to give us all those super answers last episode.
:lol
Next week the Losties will find their bodies mauled by polar bears.
LOST

Ferrio

Banned
NimbusD said:

They'll be crushed under a huge connect 4 game.

big ander

NimbusD said:
:lol Stumbling upon their dead bodies would be the biggest "fuck off" the creators could give.

big ander said:
:lol Stumbling upon their dead bodies would be the biggest "fuck off" the creators could give.

If the show ends without Linus and Miles having very BIG parts of the finale, I'll be more than a little pissed. Benny, for obvious reasons, and Miles for being as big a character as he's grown to be over the past couple seasons. I could easily see Miles being cast aside in Lapidus fashion (assuming that he isn't coming back as our savior and lord Lapisus), and it would seriously suck.

Ok real quick, Ilana said Smokey was 'stuck' in John Locke's body, correct? I'm assuming Lindelcuse said this so you wouldn't think one week smokey could be Jack, then the next week he could be Sawyer, etc. It was to make sure people knew Locke=Smokey from here on out. Okay, fine.

But...

When Smokey (as Locke) led Ben to the temple, didn't he turn into Alex and guilt trip Ben into following Locke? Then he changed BACK into Locke, and led Ben to Jacob.

So...wtf...?

Dead

well not really...yet
CartridgeBlower said:
Ok real quick, someone said Smokey was 'stuck' in John Locke's body, correct? I'm assuming Lindelcuse said this so you wouldn't think one week smokey could be Jack, then the next week he could be Sawyer, etc. It was to make sure people knew Locke=Smokey from here on out. Okay, fine.

But...

When Smokey (as Locke) led Ben to the temple, didn't he turn into Alex and guilt trip Ben into following Locke? Then he changed BACK into Locke, and led Ben to Jacob.

So...wtf...?
Jacob was still alive when he did that

Dead said:
Jacob was still alive when he did that

Ok, so I'm forgetting. Iliana said basically 'now that Jacob's dead' he's stuck in that body? I faintly remember that now. Okay, thanks.

But do we know why he's stuck, or is that just another 'question leading to a question' type of thing that Lindelcuse just wants us to forget about?

Freyjadour said:
If the show ends without Linus and Miles having very BIG parts of the finale, I'll be more than a little pissed. Benny, for obvious reasons, and Miles for being as big a character as he's grown to be over the past couple seasons. I could easily see Miles being cast aside in Lapidus fashion (assuming that he isn't coming back as our savior and lord Lapisus), and it would seriously suck.

This, for Miles anyway. He has a really good relationship with both Sawyer and Hurley and I'd hate to see him killed off without seeing him with these characters again.

Kurtofan

Freyjadour said:
Frankly I don't see Ben and Miles playing a big part unless they made them sacrifice themselves for whatever reasons.
Miles didn't have an episode this season and Ben's episode clearly ruled him out the main game.

Rekubot

CartridgeBlower said:
Ok, so I'm forgetting. Iliana said basically 'now that Jacob's dead' he's stuck in that body? I faintly remember that now. Okay, thanks.

But do we know why he's stuck, or is that just another 'question leading to a question' type of thing that Lindelcuse just wants us to forget about?
Plot convenience. Plus they wanted O'Quinn on our TV screens as much as possible and to be honest, I'm not complaining.

CartridgeBlower said:

he's stuck because jacob is dead. Thats it, like most things in lost it isnt spelt out, you have to just figure that out on your own

DoomGyver

Miles needs to find adam and eve in the cave before he dies. His expression when he reads MIBs thoughts will be priceless, then he can go ahead and die.

YoungHav

Banned
I hated how Jacob pwned MIB. Could've made the fight more interesting. Jacob jerks off to his mom for 30yrs while MIB was living amongst people doing labor and using tools. Yet Jacob pwns him.

Dead

well not really...yet
Full Recovery said:
Miles needs to find adam and eve in the cave before he dies. His expression when he reads MIBs thoughts will be priceless, then he can go ahead and die.
I doubt he would be able to read MIBs body, since his spirit is still alive in Smokey

Nameless

YoungHav said:
I hated how Jacob pwned MIB. Could've made the fight more interesting. Jacob jerks off to his mom for 30yrs while MIB was living amongst people doing labor and using tools. Yet Jacob pwns him.

You have, by far, the most piss poor opinions of the show I've read this side of Storyteller. :lol

wow

Arment

YoungHav said:

Jacob was learning some peaceful tai chi shit off screen.

Drealmcc0y said:
he's stuck because jacob is dead. Thats it, like most things in lost it isnt spelt out, you have to just figure that out on your own

There's nothing to figure out...that was kinda the point I was making. It's just said and you're either supposed to go with it or not. Just like the rules, or living forever, or any of the other things they're not really explaining. This isn't like the polar bears where yes, you can figure it out if you're paying attention and connect the dots yourself. There are no dots to connect with this. It's just stated as fact so the show can exist, which is the very definition of a 'plot contrivance.'

ZAK

YoungHav said:
I kinda thought that too, but we're not sure what island life entails. Anyway, Adam wasn't putting up a fight, was he?

So am I to assume that Jacob was actually speaking Spanish to Richard way back when? Or is it somehow possible for him to have sounded American back then? Right now it just seems like a lazy mistake.

ZAK said:
I kinda thought that too, but we're not sure what island life entails. Anyway, Adam wasn't putting up a fight, was he?

So am I to assume that Jacob was actually speaking Spanish to Richard way back when? Or is it somehow possible for him to have sounded American back then? Right now it just seems like a lazy mistake.
Jacob had 1800 years to learn english, why not? The american accent well thats just convenience, nothing I would complain about, hell even if he had britiash accent it would still be historically innacurate since english was very different pre-1600 ( when he probably learned it )

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
YoungHav said:
Nerd Rage > All. YOU KILLED THE ONLY OTHER PERSON I TALKED TO FOR 30 YEARS RARRRRRGHHH!!!

Nameless

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Nerd Rage > All. YOU KILLED THE ONLY OTHER PERSON I TALKED TO FOR 30 YEARS RARRRRRGHHH!!!

Nevermind MIB made no attempt to fight. He dropped the knife and walked towards Jacob on some remorseful "let's talk it out, bro" shit. They showed earlier in the episode how the same thing happened when they were kids. Jacob's douchey retard strenght isn't to be fucked with.

SpeedingUptoStop

Solo said:
He is the worst acted character on the show after all. So bad.
That's bit lofty of a statement, bro. old Eloise Hawking in S5 was easily worse in the little time she had. And there are a couple others that aren't coming to mind atm that are unquestionably worse than Faraday, even by your "Faraday is shit" standards.

SpeedingUptoStop

SalsaShark said:
Ethan was pretty well cast in the first season. Whne he tried to act like he was a normal human being in the following seasons, it just couldn't work as well because....well, look at the guy. Dude is a creeper and nothing else.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NimbusD said:

I'm looking forward to the interview where Cuse says, "Well, we just didn't think it was that important, so you're not getting any explanation."

Blader

So here's my list of things I want answered. Whether it be on the show, in the upcoming encyclopedia, or an off-hand remark in podcast or interview, I will not be completely satisfied without answers to these mysteries:

--The purpose of Jacob's mission to prove humanity is good

--Why it is so dangerous for MIB to leave the island

--The ghost in the cabin

--What the "magic box" is

--The purpose of the flashsideways

--More elaboration on Christian - not all of his appearances could have been Smokey (without creating unforgivably huge plotholes), so what was up with Christian?

--Walt

--Illana's backstory

--Eloise Hawking's omniscience

Arment

Blader5489 said:
So here's my list of things I want answered. Whether it be on the show, in the upcoming encyclopedia, or an off-hand remark in podcast or interview, I will not be completely satisfied without answers to these mysteries:

--The ghost in the cabin

--More elaboration on Christian - not all of his appearances could have been Smokey (without creating unforgivably huge plotholes), so what was up with Christian?

--Walt

--Illana's backstory

The was just Ben being a dick when talking to Locke. There isn't a magical box.

Aesius

Blader5489 said:

--The ghost in the cabin

--Walt

--Illana's backstory

--Eloise Hawking's omniscience

The magic box is just a metaphor for the Others extensive influence and power, even off island.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
That's bit lofty of a statement, bro. old Eloise Hawking in S5 was easily worse in the little time she had. And there are a couple others that aren't coming to mind atm that are unquestionably worse than Faraday, even by your "Faraday is shit" standards.
No no. Eloise was allright. The main and peripheral cast of Lost is pretty solid. Here are some shit actors though:
3x22_naomi_signal_promotional.jpg

michelle-rodriguez-lost1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom