• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodborne vs DS3 is gonna be a firefight

JralY95.gif

don't know if this thread still is valid after the Fortnite loss. Gaf is much biased to make this kind o thread. Any person can see this and disqualify all the other polls.Can we still continue if we are only choosing sides by our own tastes and not considering the impact, volume and tendencies? We can still consider it a gaf game of the generation thread, end with a good top 3, but still be a joke for anyone that looks the polls and see how biased it is.

GonSama

Would be interesting to do something like this for each genre.

Best:
RPGs
Action-RPGs
Open World Action Adventure
Action Adventure
Hack and Slash
Shooter
Fighter
Racing
Platform
Party
Puzzle / Adventure
Horror
Strategy
Sports

And so on...

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

I'm very happy with this kind of initiatives
I voted for a few
then I searched for all the face-ups

Sorry is a complete mess
No way Ori is better than Inside
No way The last of Us 2 NOT being in at least the 10 better games of the generation
I mean, this tried to put face to face similar games, but in other cases its goes to the trash can.
Why put in the first qualification Persona 5 and The Last of Us 2
Why put Sekiro vs Bloodborne
Ori vs Inside
etc.

.Pennywise

Banned
I'm very happy with this kind of initiatives
I voted for a few
then I searched for all the face-ups

Sorry is a complete mess
No way Ori is better than Inside
No way The last of Us 2 NOT being in at least the 10 better games of the generation
I mean, this tried to put face to face similar games, but in other cases its goes to the trash can.
Why put in the first qualification Persona 5 and The Last of Us 2
Why put Sekiro vs Bloodborne
Ori vs Inside
etc.
Sorry you didn't like the results but people have spoken!

Arachnid

Surely the final will be Bloodborne vs. BOTW

They are the two stand outs of the generation and have huge cult followings
Bloodborne doesn't have near the fanbase God of War or Horizon do. Personally, I believe it should win GOTG with only Witcher 3 and BOTW to really contest it, but I don't think it will in a popularity GOTY contest like this. We'll see though

LarknThe4th

Bloodborne doesn't have near the fanbase God of War or Horizon do. Personally, I believe it should win GOTG with only Witcher 3 and BOTW to really contest it, but I don't think it will in a popularity GOTY contest like this. We'll see though
I know where you are coming from but mass popularity isnt really relevant here, this is an enthusiast forum after all, and few games have hardcore gamer appeal and cred like Bloodborne, I do think BOTW wins it but I cant see any other game getting near them for final spots

Will be very interesting to see how it all shakes out though

BotW and BB are both good enough to win but while both have passionate fans, I don't think BB has passionate haters. I think there are people who will vote against BotW as well as people who want to vote for BB, so BB would win that matchup in my estimation.

Nester99

The following Semi Final Match should be the finals IMO.

BloodBorne Vs W3

The right side Brackets are under gunned and have no chance.
(i am no BOTW fan, obv)

turtlepowa

Banned
I know where you are coming from but mass popularity isnt really relevant here, this is an enthusiast forum after all, and few games have hardcore gamer appeal and cred like Bloodborne, I do think BOTW wins it but I cant see any other game getting near them for final spots

Will be very interesting to see how it all shakes out though
We are on GAF, there is absolutely no way a non Sony game will win this. I put my money on Dad of War.

For me, from the list:
1-Witcher 3
2-Destiny
3-FFVII Remake

Missing in the list some of my favorite games of the gen:
1-Hitman trillogy
2-Halo MCC
3-Streets of Rage 4

Honorable mentions:
Bloodborne
Sonic Mania
Super Mario Oddyssey
Ghost of Tsushima
Xcom 2
Nier
Half Life Alyx
Batman VR
Astro bot
Robo Recall
Trackmania Turbo

But yeah, it will probably be Cyberpunk 2077
Are you me? I'd pick almost the same games.

DelireMan7

Bloodborne is for sure a really strong competitor and could win this (it's my personal winner faaaaar above the other)

But it might fall against The Witcher 3.

On the other side it could be BOTW (an amazing game in my opinion). But it has its detractors and... there is Mario... which for whatever reason ,that escape my understanding, always get extremely praised...

Pretty sure Mario Odyssey will reach the final on this side. I would be curious to see Bloodborne VS Mario...

I guess its just taste. I prefer some other combat types to Bloodbourne and Dark Souls. But the overall game I love. Lore, Story. Challenge. NPC. Bosses. Design. All he hidden and double meanings. And Ive put in the hundreds of hours into it and the chalice dungeon, all 3 ending etc.

Combat wise Id say Sekiro is my favourite this gen or God of War/ DMC5. Melee combat anyway.

I own all 3 witchers and they are great with the 3rd being the best at everything outside the combat. I prefered the combat in Witcher 1 tbh as it was a bit more Star Wars Knights of the Old republic Style. I just didnt like the Batman Arkam combat influence in W3. Ill try again on the PC one day.

But if it wins game of the generation it deserves it

you thought the witcher 3's combat was influenced by arkham?

are you getting it confused with...shadows of mordor or something? lol

mechanically, witcher 3's combat is influenced by souls. the devs even said so....

strafe, block/dodge, hit, strong attack light attack.

thats souls mechanics in a nut shell.

Kokoloko85

you thought the witcher 3's combat was influenced by arkham?

are you getting it confused with...shadows of mordor or something? lol

mechanically, witcher 3's combat is influenced by souls. the devs even said so....

strafe, block/dodge, hit, strong attack light attack.

thats souls mechanics in a nut shell.

What I meant it was trying to be more action based than Witcher 1 and 2...

It feels nothing like souls and plays nothing like souls combat lol

SamFo

IOI and what they have done with Hitman is incredible so far. Making the game a platform where your existing content can be imported is really great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom