• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Superstar Emma caught shoplifting at Walmart. Vince has 2 words for her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidan

Goddamn. Crisis averted. WWE really needs to take its time before it decides to dish out firings like this.

Razorskin

----- ------

o8ALZwo.jpg

ElRenoRaven

Goddamn. Crisis averted. WWE really needs to take its time before it decides to dish out firings like this.

Yup. They need to learn all the facts. It's looking like the woman made an honest mistake and almost lost her job over it. That's an example of why I don't use those things though. If you make an honest mistake you get fucked. Also the fact that they don't pay me so why the hell should I do their job for them.

Zee-Row

Banned
She was a legit good wrestler , better than some of the men. They just stuck her with Santino and that stupid dancing gimmick.

They are Roided up muscle monkeys. Vince would sooner feed his daughter to the ghost of Macho Man than fire them for anything less than 1st degree murder.
I'm not too sure about that. Jimmy Snuka murdered his girlfriend and Vince managed to get him off the charges.

This does seem like an honest to god simple fuck-up. And it's not like she was caught doing coke or some shit. I've never used a self-checkout before so if that was the only option available to me I'd probably mess it up as well. It seems odd that if she walked out the door and only had one thing she didn't pay for, from self-checkout, the thing that would make sense to me would be; "Hey ma'am, alarm went off cuz of this item. Oh you did self-checkout and missed it? Ok come on back and we'll ring it up". The end.

I'd hate to see her career or reputation ruined over something that could just be an honest mistake some security guard went ape shit over.

The way I see this going down now is that since she's reinstated, stealing stuff is going to be a part of her character.
So this could be a blessing in disguise because we know since moving to the main roster WWE has done jack shit to develop any of the new actually good female talent.

Ithil

14043355116720nkqp.jpg

This lady not only was caught with a DUI (well over the limit) but attempted to bribe the arresting officer to let her off. Still employed, in fact starring on WWE's E! reality show.

elektrixx

Banned
Maybe they didn't want to redo all their ads because they're coming here to Australia in a month and Emma's all over them.

It's entirely possible it was an honest mistake since there's plenty of ways for them to happen with those annoying self checkouts, not familiar with WM's LP or their policy since I've never had to deal with it but it seems like they should've at least given her a chance to pay for it. At least she got unfired.

elektrixx

Banned
I've fucked up self checkout quite often.
Me too. I almost stole two bread by accident the other day. Instead of scanning them I just put them straight in bags.

Now straight after that when they didn't scan my aspirin properly at the chemist, that was justified theft.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Yet Swagger and Orton still have jobs.

Swagger, as in Jack Swagger, as in Jake Hager? I haven't watched wrestling in a few years, but please tell me you mean someone else, please.

Parch

Still has to make the roster nervous when Vince is looking for any little excuse to terminate a contract. They want a high employee turnover.

Swagger, as in Jack Swagger, as in Jake Hager? I haven't watched wrestling in a few years, but please tell me you mean someone else, please.

Yup Swagger is still around and now he is having a pretty ok run with a heel tea party gimmick and has a manager who hates foreigners.

Only it turns out the cross over between big wrestling towns WWE goes to + people with a irrational hate of foreigners is pretty big and they just get cheered most of the time so now they are making him a good guy.

Welcome Back Emma, its been so long.
I wonder if shes keeping her same Gimmick. Vince will make her wear this, and steal the womens title other girls BF etc.................

hamburglar_costume_by_crazyariesgrl-d617atg.jpg

Trojan X

Banned
This really feels like a legit mistake. What a shame that it lead to her being fired, especially as she worked very hard at WWE.

EDIT: Oh. I see they re-instate her. Good. If that is legit on WWE's part then it is good that they saw how silly it was to fire her just like that (maybe WWE put themselves in a nasty legal position due to no clause in her contract or something).... Or maybe WWE thought? What the heck?! THis is a great opportunity to repackage her, which she REALLY needs.

slit

WWE is run by morons. You don't fire someone unless you are sure of the reasons.

Well this is America. They can fire you for almost any reason they want. Especially since the wrestlers are actually considered contractors and not employees. Sometimes that power goes to people's heads.

Dead Man

Well this is America. They can fire you for almost any reason they want. Especially since the wrestlers are actually considered contractors and not employees. Sometimes that power goes to people's heads.

Sometimes? Have you seen the CEO lately? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom