• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 DirectX11 Tessellation Pack/High Res Texture Pack [Update: released]

Coldsnap

With this DX11 patch what settings will my computer be able to go with? i5 2500k, GTX Twin FROZR II 560, 4gigs of ram, no overclocking

hiverbon

Neo Member
Some awesome art coming already; this one's from Vert-X on Crymod.

campfire2.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So why show us that instead of the awesome art?

That one's not impressive or anything to me. People were making better things with Garry's Mod in 2004...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
hiverbon said:

<piccy>

Shows you just how impressive this engine is. Wonderfully atmospheric.

JoeBoy101

Any new configurator tool or configuration autoexec that can be used with the new features yet? Its a nice upgrade, but I need to tone down slightly that Post MSAA blur.

BlackDove

Banned
hiverbon said:

campfire2.jpg

Okay, time to make a game out of this.

Hank went out fishing one night, depressed about the turn of events in his life, drinking heavily. His girlfriend left him for another, and he felt that without her he had no reason to stay in the Philippines any longer. He fell asleep, drunk on his boat, forgetting to throw the anchor down. The current took the boat quite a distance from the place where he was fishing, and Hank was awoken by his boat crashing into cliffs of an island. He jumped into the sea and swam to the shore. When he turned around he saw his vessel crumble, rendering it unsalvagable.

As night fell, he made a fire with the last matchstick he had in his pocket, and pondered the quandary he found himself in, not even really caring about being stranded, thinking about his life. Little did he know that the Lingshan Islands he found himself on harbor a secret buried for a millenia.

Before Crysis: The Awakening

GABDEG

NotTarts said:
They're only screen-space reflections, not true real-time cubemaps. That would have been cool, but it's just not feasible, honestly. You'd have to re-render the entire scene for every object on the screen, which would bring any computer to its knees.
:/
I hope we'll get accurate reflections on loads of surfaces next generation or something. Screen-space reflection really don't look good at all, if you're not lookin at things from a sharp angle.

RedSwirl

This game runs well enough to be playable most of the time, but sometimes will dip below 20fps for extended periods of time, and I don't give a shit. I just looks so pretty.

Luigiv

NotTarts said:
They're only screen-space reflections, not true real-time cubemaps. That would have been cool, but it's just not feasible, honestly. You'd have to re-render the entire scene for every object on the screen, which would bring any computer to its knees.
Um, aren't cubemaps an antiquated and cheap technique? I mean the Wii use them all the fucking time without major performance drops.

strata8

Luigiv said:
Um, aren't cubemaps an antiquated and cheap technique? I mean the Wii use them all the fucking time without major performance drops.
Those are just static cubemaps. Actually rendering/creating the cubemaps in real-time from the scene isn't easy at all.

I remember watching dozens of Crysis videos like that years ago before I had a PC that could run it, haha.

One of my favourite things about Crysis is the physics levels that people made. I hope we get some bad ass ones for Crysis 2 now.

Q8D3vil

Foliorum Viridum said:
I remember watching dozens of Crysis videos like that years ago before I had a PC that could run it, haha.

One of my favourite things about Crysis is the physics levels that people made. I hope we get some bad ass ones for Crysis 2 now.
hopefully cryengine 3 can produce the same level of physics because the physics in crysis 2 is a joke compared to crysis 1.

Q8D3vil said:
hopefully cryengine 3 can produce the same level of physics because the physics in crysis 2 is a joke compared to crysis 1.
I'm sure it can. It's a real shame that Crysis 2 didn't have the same sort of huts etc that made the firefights in Crysis feel so dynamic. There's nothing like blowing the fuck out of a village in Crysis until there's nothing left.

Dacon

Banned
Can the editor fix the ridiculous respawning enemies in the campaign? That would go a long ways to improving more than a few encounters.

I also wonder if it'd be possible to merge several levels and make them into just one big map, or to edit campaign geometry to make it more like Crysis 1.

kIdMuScLe

You guys think it'll be possible to play at 720p/ultra settings with these specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 B35 2.90GHZ
RAM 6GB
Radeaon HD5830

mr_nothin

Banned
kIdMuScLe said:
You guys think it'll be possible to play at 720p/ultra settings with these specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 B35 2.90GHZ
RAM 6GB
Radeaon HD5830
Probably around 30 fps depending on how heavy tessellation is.

Also:
:O !!
helloooooeuni.jpg

Nekrono

Holy shit at those 2 last screens! so crisp and clean. Looks beautiful without the blur and that level of AA.

How do you make the game look like that? is it playable?

mr_nothin

Banned
Nekrono said:
Holy shit at those 2 last screens! so crisp and clean. Looks beautiful without the blur and that level of AA.

How do you make the game look like that? is it playable?
Not yet, people are just fiddling around with the editor right now. Nobody has really taken the time to make configs/tod mods for this yet. I think they're also doing some supersampling voodoo to make the screens look to clean. Eitehr way it looks amazing!!

hey, i'm a PC noob and i have some stupid questions.

will DirectX11 and Crysis 2 work alright with my i7-2600 3.4ghz and GTX 560 TI..? (also 8gb of RAM). i'll be playing in 720p.

also, i'm sitting here with a new copy of Crysis 1, finally planning to try it out... how do i make it work on Windows 7? does it automatically download a patch or do i have to go look for it..? and does installing DirectX11 now interfere with playing Crysis 1 in any way..?

DieH@rd

Banned
astroturfing said:

will DirectX11 and Crysis 2 work alright with my i7-2600 3.4ghz and GTX 560 TI..? (also 8gb of RAM). i'll be playing in 720p.

also, i'm sitting here with a new copy of Crysis 1, finally planning to try it out... how do i make it work on Windows 7? does it automatically download a patch or do i have to go look for it..? and does installing DirectX11 now interfere with playing Crysis 1 in any way..?

c2 will work fine on that hardware

c1 and c2 are two different games.

DieH@rd said:
c2 will work fine on that hardware

c1 and c2 are two different games.

ok, cool thanks.

but doesn't the first Crysis use older DirectX? DirectX11 won't interfere in any way..? would make sense if it's backwards compatible of course but i'm never sure about these things lol.

i can just safely install DirectX11 now and it won't do any harm?

Alxjn

astroturfing said:

C2 will run great on that hardware.

You won't need to do anything, it'll run on Windows 7. Download patch 1.2 though, it fixes a few things.

DieH@rd

Banned
astroturfing said:
ok, cool thanks.

but doesn't the first Crysis use older DirectX? DirectX11 won't interfere in any way..? would make sense if it's backwards compatible of course but i'm never sure about these things lol.

i can just safely install DirectX11 now and it won't do any harm?

DirectX 11 comes preinstalled with Windows 7. :D Dont worry, it contains all previous versions.

For some strange reason after two days of playing with all DX11 featires, highres textures won't load. My card is a 6950 2GB Diamond with latest drivers. Version is Steam

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I think I'll be making Cryengine 3 OT next week if somebody doesn't do it. I want to gather as much links and useful information as possible.

Suairyu

Banned
The day PCs get fast enough to run Crysis 1+2 on Ultra High at 1600p with 3xSSAA at a steady 30fps will be a glorious day indeed.

How will this run on a gtx 460 1gb gddr5 super superclocked edition?

I have a phenom x6 1090t @ 3.8 ghz. 16gb ram@ 1600 mhz. And 1tb hdd.
Thx for any help.

Ps- I don't want to spend 500 on a 590. :(

Suairyu said:
The day PCs get fast enough to run Crysis 1+2 on Ultra High at 1600p with 3xSSAA at a steady 30fps will be a glorious day indeed.
I won't be satisfied until I can run Crysis on a super high custom config on 3 high-res monitors in 3D and 2x2 SSAA and 60fps.

Top Bottom