• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 DirectX11 Tessellation Pack/High Res Texture Pack [Update: released]

Suairyu

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
I won't be satisfied until I can run Crysis on a super high custom config on 3 high-res monitors in 3D and 2x2 SSAA and 60fps.
Well that's just a ridiculous expectation!

But really, I want to SSAA that mofo because:
1) Crysis is the best shooter of the generation. It really took the genre forward (whilst the sequel sadly took a step back)
2) Crysis has fucking atrocious IQ due to how many small details (leaves) are in the damn game. Basically, it looks so good it's bad. It's that good! The only way to remedy that is with a minimum of 3xSSAA.
3) Brag rights.

scitek

SneakyStephan said:
[IM//www.platinumgold.de/pics/crysis2_roosevelt_veg_004.jpg[/IMG]
From that site linked a few post earlier, this is how crysis 2 should have looked, why doesn't it look like that.

Dunno, I thought it would've been BRILLIANT if they had a level at the end in the middle of Central Park that played like the first Crysis on a smaller scale. Both as a throwback to existing fans and to change up the setting. They did change things up, but it went in a whole other direction.

The M.O.B

viakado said:
How will this run on a gtx 460 1gb gddr5 super superclocked edition?

I have a phenom x6 1090t @ 3.8 ghz. 16gb ram@ 1600 mhz. And 1tb hdd.
Thx for any help.

Ps- I don't want to spend 500 on a 590. :(

Check This, This is with everything maxed out at 1080P
crysis220180pbenchmarks.jpg

Your 460 is gonna average 22 fps, with a little tweaking I bet you could get a solid 30fps. If you turn some things off like Tessalation your fps could climb to around 45 fps.

The M.O.B

subversus said:
I think I'll be making Cryengine 3 OT next week if somebody doesn't do it. I want to gather as much links and useful information as possible.

This guy has some basic videos in how to get started with Sandbox, he usually uploads one tutorial every day.

I've been scouring the internet for some decent tutorials, most of them are from CE2 not 3.

x3sphere

Suairyu said:
The day PCs get fast enough to run Crysis 1+2 on Ultra High at 1600p with 3xSSAA at a steady 30fps will be a glorious day indeed.

For Crysis 1, this is doable on GTX580 tri SLI or 6970 tri crossfire.

Alxjn said:
I'm confused. The picture you posted is from a Crysis 2 SP and MP map.
Yes with a bunch of shrubbery added in the editor.
Looked much more empty when I played through it, unless I'm misremembering and that area looked good in the first place or that's just a flattering angle for that map, in which case nevermind:p

It only looked good downscaled, hence why I removed it.

The M.O.B said:

Your 460 is gonna average 22 fps, with a little tweaking I bet you could get a solid 30fps. If you turn some things off like Tessalation your fps could climb to around 45 fps.
Ah Thx. I suppose the 1gb superclocked edition Of the 460 wont make much difference when compared to 470 or 480?

The M.O.B said:

Yeah seems about right

my system is only getting about 25-30 FPS with everything on ultra in dx11 at 1920x1080

core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
6gig ram

Pimpbaa

viakado said:
Ah Thx. I suppose the 1gb superclocked edition Of the 460 wont make much difference when compared to 470 or 480?

Not really, but the game still runs damn well on the "very high" settings in dx11 mode (as in 60fps most of the time). On the next setting up (extreme I think), it still runs pretty good. This is on my overclocked 460 with a i7 950.

Longer I stay in this thread, the more likely it is that I will end up building a 1500+ dollar gaming rig this fall. Master race here I come.

scitek

Full-size, Lock framerate, 29.97fps

Yeah, it affects performance to some degree, but I get above 30fps normally, so it only dips below when there's a lot going on.

RedSwirl

They should really be contrasting those benchmarks with and without tessellation. In Crysis 2 specifically tessellation doesn't have a huge effect on the overall visuals unless you're right up next to a brick surface, yet it has probably the single biggest effect on performance. Turning it off for me was easily the difference between a barely playable game and a rock solid 30fps.

scitek said:
Full-size, Lock framerate, 29.97fps

Yeah, it affects performance to some degree, but I get above 30fps normally, so it only dips below when there's a lot going on.

the files are huge when recorded, did you compress the video before uploading to youtube?

Pimpbaa said:
Not really, but the game still runs damn well on the "very high" settings in dx11 mode (as in 60fps most of the time). On the next setting up (extreme I think), it still runs pretty good. This is on my overclocked 460 with a i7 950.
Thx! Im fine with 24fps. Coming from a guy that was playing on an integrated geforce go for years :lol
What's your fps on ultra?

Kevin

Anyone else experiencing missing textures? I'm using the Geforce GTX 590, Windows 7 74-bit and most textures are there but early on in the game where you first start fighting the aliens and you're walking under bridges in the creek, some of the ground textures are missing where there should be like small piles of rocks or trash or whatever. Any idea why this would be happening?

scitek

Kevin said:
Anyone else experiencing missing textures? I'm using the Geforce GTX 590, Windows 7 74-bit and most textures are there but early on in the game where you first start fighting the aliens and you're walking under bridges in the creek, some of the ground textures are missing where there should be like small piles of rocks or trash or whatever. Any idea why this would be happening?
I have an AMD card and when messing with the tessellation setting, if I turned it off completely I'd get holes in the map like that. Like someone mentioned, try updating or reinstalling your drivers and/or texture pack.

gunbo13

NotTarts said:
Not really. They're still using the Crysis 2 vegetation assets.

IMHO, though, this shot looks far better than this.
That seems more like art style preference. The Crysis shot is way more technically impressive. We also know that we can actually already play the game with that quality, so the Crysis 2 shot can't compete; not yet anyways.

gunbo13 said:
That seems more like art style preference. The Crysis shot is way more technically impressive. We also know that we can actually already play the game with that quality, so the Crysis 2 shot can't compete; not yet anyways.

How can you tell crysis1 shot is way more impressive?

Luigiv

RedSwirl said:
Looks like Crytek might already be doing it if those Crysis 1 console rumors are true.
I highly doubt they are. Consoles just don't have enough ram to handle Crysis's level structure and no engine change would fix that.

Luigiv said:
I highly doubt they are. Consoles just don't have enough ram to handle Crysis's level structure and no engine change would fix that.

Dont know there are several games with worlds/levels bigger then crysis.
I think just cause 2 is a good example. But yeah the foliage have to give somehow unless they can free up resources with using FXAA instead of TAA not know the exact timing of their TAA methode but you need to keep the last frame in memory and you dont need with FXAA if im not mistaken.

Luigiv said:

The PS3's GPU is the weaker of the two, and it's a slightly souped up 7600 GT. My old 7600 GT ran Crysis fine on low/medium. It can definitely run it, the question is: how much of a turd is it going to look like while it runs?

Luigiv

dragonelite said:
I think just cause 2 is a good example. But yeah the foliage have to give somehow unless they can free up resources with using FXAA instead of TAA not know the exact timing of their TAA methode but you need to keep the last frame in memory and you dont need with FXAA if im not mistaken.
How are JC2 streaming environments in anyway comparable to Crysis's non streaming environments?

ThoseDeafMutes said:
The PS3's GPU is the weaker of the two, and it's a slightly souped up 7600 GT. My old 7600 GT ran Crysis fine on low/medium. It can definitely run it, the question is: how much of a turd is it going to look like while it runs?
GPU equals RAM now?

Deadbeat

Banned
dragonelite said:
Bigger world doesn't mean same level of graphical fidelity. You arent going to do the level of graphics such as Crysis 1 on consoles without sacrificing stuff. Thats why Crysis 2's levels are smaller with less polygons, physics, destructibility, and textures.

They are either going to gimp the levels or the graphics for the Crysis 1 port. lm interested in seeing how they will do the tank battle because NOTHING is anywhere near that in Crysis 2 (and for good reason).

Luigiv said:
How are JC2 streaming environments in anyway comparable to Crysis's non streaming environments?

GPU equals RAM now?

Time will tell.

I am kinda interested in RYSE hope it is controller based with a better with kinect label.(yeah i know about the You are the warrior bullcrap)

Had hoped it was Dark Messiah of Might and Magic in cryengine 3 and from the footage it looked like it was only then with kinect :(

Top Bottom