• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kbar strikes back: OFFICIAL GAF ESPN FOOTBALL 2k5 Xbox league! sign up inside!!

Ramirez

In the mean time why doesn't someone just set up another tourney?Or can you not access those either? (haven't tried)

you can't access anything regarding leagues, that means tourneys also.

p.s. for some reason 2 people dropped out, we have 27 signed in now. what you dudes have to understand is that there is no way we can start if the leagues dont work. even if we got all 32 signed in, whats the point if you can't play your games? this is on sega/VC and no one else.

hgplayer1

ok this morning I was up at 6am and decided to see if I could get in leagues and sure enough I could and it was quick and easy. its 1 pm here now and Ive managed to get in but this time with a little bit of a wait. nothing horrible i mean it maybe took like 3 mins and between screens its like maybe a minute at most.

Im not sure if everyone will be able to get in but if youre itching to sign into the league you might want to give it a try right now just be a little patient with it. I wouldnt suggest anyone try playing a league game yet though.

guys, filling the league wont be a problem. keeping people interested is what i'm worried about. madden is going to take a lot of gamers away from ESPN.

and thats WITHOUT leagues. if madden has online leagues also, then things dont look good at all for espn. not saying i wouldn't play, cause im down to play in any good football game leagues any day of the week. but are all 32 people who will join the league going to feel the same? we'll see tomorrow if we can fill the last 5 spots

ShadowRed

Banned
I'm going to let you know right now. When Madden comes out ESPN is going towards it, unless Madden doesn't have online leagues. I've had it with SEGA. To quote George Bush, "Fool me once shame on me fool me twice...uhhh...uhhh.. *blank stare* then you can't get fools again."

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ughhh I thought the servers were down FMT cause I kept getting that message,I log off and reboot my modem and xbox and now it works :| I'm so sick of this shit,sorry.

I challenged you like a second before u logged off.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok I'll go back on for my ass beating.

fuck madden lol... madden online will be highly superior to espn online, leagues or not.

i just had a pretty good game with matrix though. back and forth. then came the stand. matrix had a 1st and goal @ the 0 (yes the 0) yard line with 30 seconds left, down by 4 pts. he tried 4 times and failed 4 times. poor texans o-line... niners D gobbled you up! 28-24 niners!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fuck madden lol... madden online will be highly superior to espn online, leagues or not.

Yeah, just like NCAA online is superior. EA knows their stuff obviously.

i just had a pretty good game with matrix though. back and forth. then came the stand. matrix had a 1st and goal @ the 0 (yes the 0) yard line with 30 seconds left, down by 4 pts. he tried 4 times and failed 4 times. poor texans o-line... niners D gobbled you up! 28-24 niners!

Lets play.

Yeah, just like NCAA online is superior. EA knows their stuff obviously.

i already told you dude...

i told everyone about the slowdown @ e3 in ncaa.

what did i say about madden? e3 madden > july ESPN. case closed! seal it up boys, madden wins!

p.s. ill sign online, see who's poking around. i owe konex and dm a game, but we'll see whos online

DM is already playing a game against Gunstar. Konex is offline.

p.s. what does slowdown have to do with the horrible, worse than ESPN, servers? I haven't even had a single problem playing online with ESPN yet.

ShadowRed

Banned
Only slowdown I've run into has been with rain and snow, the later being worse than the first. We should turn all weather effects off if we ever get the leagues going.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:

So close ..yet so far :(

DMczaf

p.s. what does slowdown have to do with the horrible, worse than ESPN, servers? I haven't even had a single problem playing online with ESPN yet.

WTF are you talking about? NCAA's servers were fixed 2-3 days after release.

Matrix

Dm's on the prowl...chomp chomp!

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Dm's on the prowl...chomp chomp!

roar.jpg

RAWRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr11111

DMczaf

Cerebral Palsy said:
But the game still sucks balls. When are they going to fix that?

Why do I care? I responded to your false claim of NCAA having bad servers

jordan_bryant_ASG.jpg

Stop reaching like Kobe

no one was lying. the key is, EA fixed that shit in a week flat. here we are at almost 2 weeks since ESPN has come out, and the servers have actually gotten WORSE. not a good sign.

i played CP tonight, he won, but even he would have to admit some of the shit that went on in that game was ridiculous (on both sides). when you have the following, you know there is something wrong:

- Trent Green scrambling at full speed, throwing across his body on the run and hitting tony gonzales perfectly in stride

- Tim Rattay: 12 completions, 320 yards

- Brandon Lloyd: 5 catches, 175 yards

on top of that, what is the point in calling zones in this game? i'll call zones (this isn't just against CP, i'm saying in general) and my guy will be in great position, and he'll just watch the ball sail by. literally, all he has to do is stick his hand out, he doesn't even need to move his body, just put his hand out. but no, thats too much.

also, offensive lineman dont even block on stunts 80% of the time, and they dont block on speed rushes half the time. CP even replayed once when i sacked him... his guy WATCHED me go into the backfield and did dick about it.

you have an 80% chance as an offensive player to catch a deep bomb 1 on 1. i understand you should punish someone for giving no help, but those are ridiculous odds. stats dont matter. you can have a great CB on a mediocre receiver (my receivers are 75 and below, and i probably still average 20 yards a catch) but it doesn't matter.

this has nothing to do with my record. i really dont care if i win or lose, but it's really a toss up playing this game. i never know how my defense will perform. sometimes i will call a bump, what does my CB do? just lets the WR by with no bump. i'd say you have a 40/60 chance NOT in your favor of the bump being pulled off. i slant my guys to play the inside route, and sometimes they will do a full circle around the WR before trying to cover him.

blahblahblah the game is fun to a point, but this game isn't the real deal. i dont like the way offense or defense is handled at all.

p.s. CP that's pretty weak that you milked the clock late. it's only an exhibition dude. like i said, i don't care about losing, but i would never milk shit in an exhibition game. i can see why you wouldn't want me to get the ball back within 1 score, cause the DB AI would almost certainly let me score if i wanted, but like i said exhibition games are for fun. save the milking for a season game

DMczaf

p.s. CP that's pretty weak that you milked the clock late. it's only an exhibition dude. like i said, i don't care about losing, but i would never milk shit in an exhibition game.

m470393.jpg

Milk Man strikes again!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i played CP tonight, he won, but even he would have to admit some of the shit that went on in that game was ridiculous (on both sides).

Oh come on, you know Holmes' foot was in.

when you have the following, you know there is something wrong:

- Trent Green scrambling at full speed, throwing across his body on the run and hitting tony gonzales perfectly in stride

- Tim Rattay: 12 completions, 320 yards

- Brandon Lloyd: 5 catches, 175 yards

I can't help that Trent Green is such a stud. And two of those Lloyd TDs I was playing the run. If we did this over again that wouldn't happen.

on top of that, what is the point in calling zones in this game? i'll call zones (this isn't just against CP, i'm saying in general) and my guy will be in great position, and he'll just watch the ball sail by. literally, all he has to do is stick his hand out, he doesn't even need to move his body, just put his hand out. but no, thats too much.

I run zone D a lot. One time in our game my CB stood their like a retard on a pass that should have probably been tipped. Eh, it was Bartee afterall.

also, offensive lineman dont even block on stunts 80% of the time, and they dont block on speed rushes half the time. CP even replayed once when i sacked him... his guy WATCHED me go into the backfield and did dick about it.

Yeah, that is fucking annoying. Can they fix this shit in a patch?

you have an 80% chance as an offensive player to catch a deep bomb 1 on 1. i understand you should punish someone for giving no help, but those are ridiculous odds. stats dont matter. you can have a great CB on a mediocre receiver (my receivers are 75 and below, and i probably still average 20 yards a catch) but it doesn't matter.

Ah, stop crying. Every deep pass I burned you on was to Parker, who is insanely fast. Try sticking a fast CB on him. Hall dropped everything, but I'll let it slide this time..

this has nothing to do with my record. i really dont care if i win or lose, but it's really a toss up playing this game. i never know how my defense will perform. sometimes i will call a bump, what does my CB do? just lets the WR by with no bump. i'd say you have a 40/60 chance NOT in your favor of the bump being pulled off. i slant my guys to play the inside route, and sometimes they will do a full circle around the WR before trying to cover him.

Haven't noticed either of those problems. I'll keep an eye out for them.

blahblahblah the game is fun to a point, but this game isn't the real deal. i dont like the way offense or defense is handled at all.

You just don't like how I stuck with the run after 15+ 2 or 3 yard gains, and that it paid off!

p.s. CP that's pretty weak that you milked the clock late. it's only an exhibition dude. like i said, i don't care about losing, but i would never milk shit in an exhibition game. i can see why you wouldn't want me to get the ball back within 1 score, cause the DB AI would almost certainly let me score if i wanted, but like i said exhibition games are for fun. save the milking for a season game

I ran like 1:30 off the clock max, which I wouldn't call "weak." Not to mention I was so close to scoring again I could taste it.

Matrix

The more I play the game the more I hate the running game too >_< I swear some hb's are still superhuman in their ablity to bowl people over using their head,I can have 5 guys surrounding the hb and then boom boom my guys drop like flies...weaksause.

Yea they got rid of the broken tackles,but this shit imo is pretty damn close to being the same exact thing.Fmt I know you saw that shit during our game?

DIS GAME IS WACK YO BRING ON THE FAT MANS GAME!

Matrix

NOW DAT SHIT IS HOT!

like i said CP, i wouldn't have cared even if i won. those plays are garbage. single coverage shouldn't = touchdown 80-90% of the time. and why do the DB's go into matrix mode as the ball is approaching? everything else is in normal speed, and the DB's do this weird animation at about 2 frames per second while everything else is moving full speed. it looks lame and takes your CB out of the play completely.

p.s. over half of holmes yards came on one run. you won't be so lucky when the games count

Matrix said:
The more I play the game the more I hate the running game too >_< I swear some hb's are still superhuman in their ablity to bowl people over using their head,I can have 5 guys surrounding the hb and then boom boom my guys drop like flies...weaksause.

Yea they got rid of the broken tackles,but this shit imo is pretty damn close to being the same exact thing.Fmt I know you saw that shit during our game?

Hey, FMT was stuffing the run all night besides 1 huge play. I ran it 20 times and probably 17 of those runs were 2-3 yards max. I got lucky and broke a huge one. And I haven't had trouble stopping the run with the Chiefs amazing defense either.

DIS GAME IS WACK YO BRING ON THE FAT MANS GAME!

Why is it wack? Because you can't win with the Texans?

ShadowRed

Banned
Well the league servers seem to be up, but now I can't get anyone to accept my challenges. Yes I rebooted my Xbox twice after sending 4 challenges.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ramirez said:
LMAO,funny stories all around...

I also hate how when you dive you go into slow motion,its really weird.
i hate when u do the normal dive with the ball and it looks like you are running then going down on a boogey board or something.....

Fifty

32 was too many people for this league. Half of that number would have given us better results. We can still salvage it, but someone dropped out and now we need 4 more to even start.

Matrix

Cerebral Palsy said:
Why is it wack? Because you can't win with the Texans?

I actually think I have a pretty decent record 9 or 10 wins with 13 losses with the Texans,I dont think the game is wack cause I lose with the Texans.That kinda thinking is retarded.Shit most of you people who beat me barely beat me,I think ive only been blown out two or three times.

Matrix

I think 24 is too much to.

Fifty

12 is a good number. 12 or 16. Although if the other league is going, I'm not sure what the status of this one will be.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
DMczaf said:
I agree 32 teams is too much, lets just cancel this league and make a 24 team league with 8 playoff spots

Sounds good to me, lets start over now that the Leagues are running.

Top Bottom