• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kbar strikes back: OFFICIAL GAF ESPN FOOTBALL 2k5 Xbox league! sign up inside!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok you name me 16 people right now who will be good to go starting tomorrow and I will make another league for 16 people :p If you cant I'm making it for 8 and whoever gets in gets in ..muhahahaha

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Just let me have the Bengals in whatever league is going to be the one. I just want to play even though I would lose every time against some of you guys.

Cloudy

Banned
Let the reserves in already except for the regulars who are usually active on XBL (e.g Andy Douche)

konex do you honestly believe that if and when EA puts online leagues in madden, they wont be executed better than this?

I'm not gonna bash something that's here by saying something that doesn't exist yet would be better. That makes no sense IMO....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
How many reserves do we have?

Cloudy

Banned
element
AztecaGX
Dultimate
shoplifter
sal paradise jr
luckybrand
drey1082

And we need 7 spots. I'm sure Andy and SickBoy will be able to play though...

Why must such unprovoked mutiny run rampant in this thread? FMT, I think we should boot these mark-ass marks, trick-ass marks, punk bitches, and skip-scaps, skanks, and scallywags, ho's, heifers, hee-haws, and hoolie-hoos from the league.

Matrix

Kindbudmaster said:
Just let me have the Bengals in whatever league is going to be the one. I just want to play even though I would lose every time against some of you guys.

FMT's league is the main league,make no mistake about that.This other league is really just a silent side league for people who play the game too much.If you only have time for one league,play in FMT's....I really mean it,FMT'S league whenever its starts will be the better league...trust me.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Matrix said:
FMT's league is the main league,make no mistake about that.This other league is really just a silent side league for people who play the game too much.If you only have time for one league,play in FMT's....I really mean it,FMT'S league whenever its starts will be the better league...trust me.

I have the time to play in two leagues, if they both get off the ground. I'll admit I'm not as hardcore as some here, but I love playing football games and I still enjoy the competition, win or lose.

Rodriguez

I'm finally home. So much crap to go through, but I'm still down for some league play. My spot and team are still available, right?

Maverick

Damn, still 7 players not checked in to the league. I know some pretty reliable people who would register on the forum just so that they could participate in a reliable league. They are two good buddies of mine and I know they would be solid players.

FMT, let me know if you want me to tell them about the GA league....I'm sure they'd join up, because they've been looking around for a solid league.

I'm all for keeping it all-GA, but if these guys can't even check in (and hey, we're all busy), then maybe we should look for people we know will are reliable.

Cloudy

Banned
FYI, for the folks who haven't signed in yet. Log into XBL with the game and go to leagues. Press the black button to do a search and look for gaming age. The password is madden. After that, you can log into the website over here:

http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/league.php?l=1881

And if folks aren't in by today, I'm all for Mav's pals to join as long as they play sim-ball :)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
at this point its fair game. if you know anyone or if you want in the league, feel free to join as whatever team you want thats left.

Cool.... I will let some other people know that are in this one league, theya re pretty serious gamers.... I will only choose the most Involved.... lets get this started.....

trades are turned off for now because i've heard some bad, bad things about them from the official boards. things such as players randomly changing teams, approvals being accepted but the players dont switch teams, and it just sounds like a big mess. i put a poll up at the official league site, so cast your vote and majority will win out on it.

karish, the difference in playing legend vs. the computer and vs. a human opponent will make it ok. your team as well as your opponents team will play a smarter game. trust me when i say that legend is for the best

KarishBHR

FrenchMovieTheme said:
karish, the difference in playing legend vs. the computer and vs. a human opponent will make it ok. your team as well as your opponents team will play a smarter game. trust me when i say that legend is for the best

Alright man... but can you give me some tips as to what I should do to practice for the league... with the lions of course ;)

Maverick

After playing this game online 4 times today, I have to agree with the move to Legend.

The high-powered offenses are just out of hand on all-pro if you know what you are doing. I lined up both T.O. and Moss in the slot and they absolutely torched respectable defenses like the Pats and the Packers. I also had a lot of trouble defending deep posts by Deon Branch of all people when I played the Pats.

I would double and even tripple him up, but somehow Brady would thread the need to him every time. With Legend, hopefully the pass D will be a lot tougher.

Sorry for not logging in to the official league site yet. I have to get my credit card so that I can link up my G-tag with MSN.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Hey guys.... what teams are left??? I may have a couple people interested from another league that I am in they wanted to know waht teams were left

ShadowRed

Banned
Not as long as SEGA can't get their servers to act right. They shouldn't have even offered online play if they couldn't keep their servers up. This shit is rediculas and I bet the guys over at EA are laughing their asses off. This game is the laughing stock of the videogame world.

hgplayer1

ShadowRed said:
Not as long as SEGA can't get their servers to act right. They shouldn't have even offered online play if they couldn't keep their servers up. This shit is rediculas and I bet the guys over at EA are laughing their asses off. This game is the laughing stock of the videogame world.

um signing up for a league hasnt been a problem until the last couple days. look how long its taken for people to fill all the spots. even if the servers had been working this whole time we'd still be sittin here waiting for the spots to fill.

I agree that the servers suck but its not the ultimate reason why this league looks like its never gonna get up to speed.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Server problems during the first week of a big game's release aren't exactly surprising. I know some have had more problems than others, but I've barely had any (just had to restart whenever something seemed problematic). Combine that with the fact that VC is supposed to have a fix in by the sixth and I don't see what the huge deal is.

Fifty

We had 32 people + 8 backups...We had easily 40 and we can only get 29 now. That's why this hasn't started yet. That's not to say it won't be hard for us to play our games on these servers, but I don't blame ESPN for us not having started this.

hgplayer1

AstroLad said:
Server problems during the first week of a big game's release aren't exactly surprising. I know some have had more problems than others, but I've barely had any (just had to restart whenever something seemed problematic). Combine that with the fact that VC is supposed to have a fix in by the sixth and I don't see what the huge deal is.

the reason its such a big deal to some of us is that it happened last year and whoever is in charge of this stuff isnt doing a good job of learning from past mistakes. online play is HUGE part of this game and to have such shitty servers at launch is inexcusable.

Im not sure if most people will agree with me but I bet this game doesnt have as many people signing on to play as most other online games. I would think the servers should be able to handle the amount of people that are loggin on.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am really surprised that this league isnt filled yet... 40 people.... this is crazy... my other league is running fine.. at 32 as well... maybe I can get them over...

ShadowRed

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
the reason its such a big deal to some of us is that it happened last year and whoever is in charge of this stuff isnt doing a good job of learning from past mistakes. online play is HUGE part of this game and to have such shitty servers at launch is inexcusable.

Im not sure if most people will agree with me but I bet this game doesnt have as many people signing on to play as most other online games. I would think the servers should be able to handle the amount of people that are loggin on.

Exactly they have had a year to fix the server crap and still it's just as bad as it was last year. Don't they beta test their games? Try playing a game against a programer from his home versus someone at the office? I mean I find it hard to believe they didn't run into these problems while they were developing the game. It's just worthless and shoddy game making on all sides.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I see:

1. I didn't play last year. In fact I haven't played online since 2k1 on the DC.
2. The only server problems I've experienced were rare and fixed in under two minutes by turning the X-Box off and on.

I guess others haven't been so fortunate, so hopefully the patch that's coming out really soon helps out a lot b/c I'm having tons of fun playing online and I want as many people to be on as possible.

I haven't had any problems with playing online, or registering for leagues. Our main problem is that 1/4 of the people who signed up are lazy assholes.

hgplayer1

Cerebral Palsy said:
I haven't had any problems with playing online, or registering for leagues. Our main problem is that 1/4 of the people who signed up are lazy assholes.

you do realize theres a server side problem that wont allow people to view,join,create or leave leagues, right? this is the main problem at the moment but I agree with what you said and the league should have been full days ago. then we could be bitching about not being able to actually play the games. :p

are some people having luck getting in the My Leagues area and some arent?

SickBoy

Now, while I apparently fall into the "lazy assholes" contingent, I just thought I'd update. I have no concept of the status of the league at this time.

First, I'd be more than happy to let someone babysit my team or step aside if that's not possible or desirable.

With that out of the way, an update: I'm smack in the middle of moving and starting a new job (issues noted in my other posts in this thread). I bought the game on the weekend and had enough time to play two games at my brother's house while visiting him. Right now my wife and I have for furniture in our new place: an air mattress. I'm typing this on my laptop on luxurious 56k.

My ADSL isn't online until August 1, and I don't have Xbox Live, although that's a formality, 'cause I've got the free two months and I was thrilled to see a 1-year kit that includes Crimson Skies instead of Mechwarrior. We move on the 31st and it's going to take a bit of time to get the basics set up. I expect August 6th or so is the earliest I'll have much in the way of free time.

So that's where I am. Boot me, keep me, whatever... I'm still interested in the league, but I have much bigger fish to fry right now and probably for the coming week or so.

-SB

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
what really sucks is by the time everyone gets around to signing up, Im willing to bet alot of people will have forgotten about this leauge.

dont worry sick, we're not kicking you, i reserved your chargers spot and bobs dolphins spot. the patch is coming friday (the 30th), so at that point most people should be able to sign in.

relax guys. there are tournaments to play, a side league, etc. no rush!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
StoOgE said:
what really sucks is by the time everyone gets around to signing up, Im willing to bet alot of people will have forgotten about this leauge.

Well if this patch coming on Friday doesn't fix the League Servers as well, this League is doomed!!!

Top Bottom