• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kbar strikes back: OFFICIAL GAF ESPN FOOTBALL 2k5 Xbox league! sign up inside!!

Seth C

Is there a way to bring a created player on to your team in franchise mode? I can't seem to figure it out if there is. Anyone know?

Maverick

I agree with FMT here, and I have the Falcons. Now, don't any of you be complaining when I scramble out of the pocket with him. I rarely see him running up the gut with a spread offense, but no one bitch when you bring an inside blitz and i get the hell out of the pocket with Vick.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Everyone who hates Boller I just want you to know..In the game I had against Fifty the mighty Texans knocked him out of the game :D

this isn't about NEVER running. call your plays as you will, run a few bootlegs a game, grab a few yards here and there. what i'm talking about is when we see your stats, and it says "T. Brady - 10 rushes, 75 yards". no way dudes that wont be happening. you dont HAVE to stay in the pocket, all i'm saying is dont abuse the fact that every QB in this game is very fast. i think we all know what calling a fair game and what abuse is

Fifty

Matrix said:
Everyone who hates Boller I just want you to know..In the game I had against Fifty the mighty Texans knocked him out of the game :D

And for the sake of fairness might I add that it was his only rush, and it was for 3 yards!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
And for the sake of fairness might I add that it was his only rush, and it was for 3 yards!

2nd rush,you had another rush where you went up the middle and I got you at the last second forcing you to punt on 4th and 2 in your own zone.

The next time I knocked his ass out :p

dont confuse this guys. i'm not saying you should have 0 rushes for 0 yards w/ your QB at the end of the game. but don't rely on the QB scramble as a major part of your yardage.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
OK, what about going for it on 4th down? I rarely do it to keep the game sim-like. But I know some peeps will go for it on 4th at the drop of a hat.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
dskillzhtown said:
OK, what about going for it on 4th down? I rarely do it to keep the game sim-like. But I know some peeps will go for it on 4th at the drop of a hat.

I dont mind that.. I mean, there is a big risk in doing it, if they dont convert they are giving you awesome field position... I think it is very very stupid to do in your own territory, but if I've crossed the 50 and its 4th and 1 I might go for it, depending on the situation.. but I guess thats fairly realistic.

ShadowRed

Banned
Ok I'm this close to giving this game the big FUCK YOU!!!! Been on 2 hours and can't get a fucking game. Me and Cloudy spent 10 minutes trying the connect. SEGA is just shit when it comes to online game. 20 bucks was too much to pay for this game, if you can't fucking use the main feature, online play. Plus their fucking menue lay out is fucking idiotic. Couldn't they afford the 40 bucks to go buy Madden and copy them?

ok we have 24/32 signed in.

come on dudes, i've seen a lot of you online already so it's not an issue of having the game. if you don't want to participate in the league just say so, it's cool, we have plenty of reserves. if you guys dont sign in soon i'm going to start giving teams out to the reserves

ShadowRed

Banned
Cloudy said:
Shadow, I played 3 other guys after you. You better check your router....

Yesterday it worked fine, except with you. After we couldn't connect today I went back into my router settings and turned off the firewall to my Xbox, logged on and still couldn't get a game.

Cloudy

Banned
I have a router on as well and I've only run into the problem with you and Bish (and we did actually connect once). If I have to play either of you in the league, I guess I'll take off my router. :)

the following players still haven't signed in:

11. Bog - Miami Dolphins
12. Andy - New England Patriots
17. JayFro - Greenbay Packers
19. soulja - st. louis rams
24. Agent Dormer - Buffalo Bills
27. Sickboy - San Diego Chargers
28. MattCoz - Tennessee Titans
30. biff hardbody - oakland raiders

nor have i seen them post in any of the threads. now i know that sickboy is moving this weekend so i know he will be good to go. i also know that bobster has had some problems getting online. other than that, i haven't seen anyone post or say anything about joining up. if you don't respond or give some indication that you are still interested i'm going to give your spot to one of the dudes on the reserves list tonight or in the very near future. come on dudes!

Matrix

FMT,you need to have a set date for the final day to signup.

I dont want this to fall apart before it even starts :(

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I would like to throw my hat in the ring for the Packers (this would free up the shitty Lions) if/when they become available.

Matrix

Fifty...want to play?

Ramirez

Fuck it,go ahead and start handin out the reserves,they have had more than enough time,IMO.Especially since they haven't even let you know anything,they must not care much.

yeah stooge, go ahead and take the pack. i don't mean to be a dick about it, but shit man i haven't heard anything at all from most of these dudes. i know for a FACT that biff and soulja have the game, the question is why haven't they signed up

ehh, i'd wait on that. like i said i know for a fact that Biff (raiders) has the game and i've seen him play people from GA online. i'm trying to PM these guys or contact them somehow. in the case of the packers, bills and titans, i haven't seen these dudes post PERIOD since the game came out.

Fifty

I've sent Biff numerous PMs. He has been on GA. Maybe he's dead, and his computer is left on. It's unlike him to do this.

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty, what's your AIM? Wanna play later tonight so I can check out Boller before his no-run contract kicks in lol

Sorry fellahs, been really busy. I didn't want to make a decision because I was unsure of if I could commit just yet, but its look like I'm going to be busssy all week. So, I'm out. Hope it fills up fast.

ShadowRed

Banned
THanks a fucking lot SEGA. The fucking servers are down again. Game hasn't been out a week and they have been down 3 times. Not that you're likely to get a game when they are up.

Fifty

ShadowRed said:
THanks a fucking lot SEGA. The fucking servers are down again. Game hasn't been out a week and they have been down 3 times. Not that you're likely to get a game when they are up.

You know for a fact that they've been down 3 times? Or have they only been down 3 times when you've been on.

Matrix

Well Stooge and I just played a game,Fifty whats the deal on your in :p I also dont think the servers are down,I was just on :\

Matrix

Stupid Sega ! Stupid Ea NCAA servers! Stupid everything!!!!!!

ShadowRed

Banned
Fifty said:
You know for a fact that they've been down 3 times? Or have they only been down 3 times when you've been on.

It's down now, it went down yesterday that's why Stooge and mine game didn't get recorded, and it went down once before that. That's 3 times and the game came out Wednsday, Tuesday if you were lucky.

Matrix

ShadowRed said:
Fuck SEGA more, check this out guys. It looks like that after the season starts there will be no alternates if people drop out. Great motherfucking going SEGA. I've seriously had it with this company and thier incompitence. I have no great love for EA or Madden, but at least they can put out a game that actually works, play difference aside.

http://www.espnvideogames.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26513

Thats FUCKING horrible...shit.

Matrix

Any option for a smaller league? We had people drop out last year or had stuff come up and they couldnt play...this is beyond fucked up :\

Matrix

Well you should make a 2nd league with people you know who will play everyday or every other day :)

Smaller = better sometimes.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
man i was so tempted to burn you with a chick related comment, but i will resist...

i think the league will be alright. lets see how it goes.

p.s. also, pray for madden online leagues as well

LOL shit dude that didnt even enter my mind when I was writing that.

I'll pray for decent servers first :p

Top Bottom