• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 DirectX11 Tessellation Pack/High Res Texture Pack [Update: released]

I can't download it atm due to bandwidth limitations, but I'll grab it tonight and see how my rig handles it (6950, 8gb Ram, 4ghz 955)

Post pictures, people!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Corky said:
Wtf, really? The game is suddenly "broken"? The motionblur is veeery wierd now, everything is shaking and trembling and my gun looks like it's surrounded by a wierd aura...

Forever alone?

Sorry but of course I got the last post of the page o_O

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SneakyStephan said:
Did the patch and dx11 mode do anything for the AA/IQ? and ghosting? or is it still fuzzy?
No it still uses the same form of AA that it used on release, TAA or whatever. I know because I saw the telltale ghosting right off the bat :(

Honestly that is the only issue left here. I mean, they fixed the good framerate issue lol.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wow, the improvements are actually pretty impressive looking. Kind of glad they patched them in later rather than including them in the first place, however.

Stallion Free said:
No it still uses the same form of AA that it used on release, TAA or whatever. I know because I saw the telltale ghosting right off the bat :(

Honestly that is the only issue left here. I mean, they fixed the good framerate issue lol.

Bah, maybe the community will come up with something in a few weeks.

dark10x said:
Wow, the improvements are actually pretty impressive looking. Kind of glad they patched them in later rather than including them in the first place, however.

Why? Surely more people would have seen/been amazed/enjoyed this if it was shown during the release hypefest.

Now it's just kind of an afterthought for casual joe, I doubt anyone who doesn't actively browse forums/gaming sites will even know it's out , ever.

dark10x said:

Wow, really? What about performance hit? I'm assuming it takes a toll on performance?

Binabik15

Lol.

Once all the kinks are ironed out (well, hopefully they do it :p) I´ll buy it.Should be great on my brother´s Crossfire´d 6950s.

Project Samaritan here we come.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ok. Turned a couple settings to Extreme instead of Ultra, and things are running at around 30-35. Looks like Ultra water completely chokes my card.

EDIT: Put everyting back to Ultra, and now my framerate is 60 (????)

I think it's the water choking my card. I'm in the park now, and it's running buttery again.

The Stealth Fox

What kind of FPS would I expect with this rig with all the DX11 eyecandy?

Phenom X4 955 @ 3.2 ghz
8 gb ddr3 1333 mhz ram
Geforce 560 Ti @ 900mhz

Corky

Odd, found the problem.

Motion blur defaulted to medium which broke everything.

OFF/LOW/HIGH all work flawlessly.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BMP - Max JPEG quality in PS, all settings ultra.

crysis22011-06-2712-37pnpk.jpg

crysis22011-06-2712-40jnad.jpg

Lord-Audie said:
I'm most exited about the improved Multi GPU support.

Running dual 570s. Hopefully i don't see a framerate drop bellow 60 :D

I'm curious about this, as didn't this game already support multi gpu? Or maybe it wasn't optimized before?

Corky

What a minute, they added proper AA? I turned off SGSSAA and yet the game looks great :O instead of all muddy and shit.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Stallion Free said:

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-06-2712-37pnpk.jpgimg]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-06-2712-40jnad.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
it begins

Stallion Free said:

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-06-2712-37pnpk.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-06-2712-40jnad.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Looks great. Those are FRAPS screens right?

Also what's your setup and framerate?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SneakyStephan said:
Why? Surely more people would have seen/been amazed/enjoyed this if it was shown during the release hypefest.

Now it's just kind of an afterthought for casual joe, I doubt anyone who doesn't actively browse forums/gaming sites will even know it's out , ever.
This isn't FOR the casual joe. The results are great, but the performance hit is severe. Do you really think casual joe has a rig capable of running these new settings at a smooth framerate?

For me personally, these types of settings are awesome and I want to use them, but with the performance hit, I would have likely struggled with the entire game flipping settings back and forth rather than simply enjoying it at 60 fps. It already looked insane in DX9 and it ran beautifully.

In addition, it's kind of fun to experience the game again with these improvements and brings excitement back to the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The tesselation (or is it POM?) on this rock I found is out of control. I think it's supposed to be moss, but the game made it all spiky like they were piercing out of the rock. Looked really weird.

bee

not a particulary great shot, just showing the performance really, looks a lot better in motion

cry20dum.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Unrealistic. No one makes floors that bumpy! =P

What's up with the diagonal line running through the middle of the floor though? It almost looks like the side of a brick. And I didn't notice any confirmation -- are those settings (cvars?) that Crytek disabled in singleplayer due to multiplayer "cheating" still disabled? I don't have a list of which ones were disabled, unfortunately.

bee said:
not a particulary great shot, just showing the performance really, looks a lot better in motion

http://www.abload.de/img/cry20dum.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

What dual cards are you running???

Oh the suspense :O

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is there a new particle system? Because particles from gunfire utterly destroy my framerate.

Like, one shotgun blast close range into a wall takes me to ~20 fps.

It looks great, but good lord the performance is completely all over the place. One minute its running fine, next its in the gutter.

EatChildren said:
Is there a new particle system? Because particles from gunfire utterly destroy my framerate.

Like, one shotgun blast close range into a wall takes me to ~20 fps.

It looks great, but good lord the performance is completely all over the place. One minute its running fine, next its in the gutter.

No Console command to lock the Framerate?

scitek

They've added the hud_hide command back so you can disable the HUD again. I'll try messing with some settings but I'm sub-30fps a good deal of the time.

AMD Phenom II @ 3.5 GHz
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Radeon 6950 w/ Unlocked shaders OC'd to 6970

It's definitely fuck-awesome looking though.

sn00zer

Lol at some of the complaining with stuttering framerate and all that jazz...looks like Crysis 2 has liven up to its name
Seriously though, makes sense that they would wait...no one wants shitty framerate day 1

sn00zer said:
Seriously though, makes sense that they would wait...no one wants shitty framerate day 1
Why not? At least then we have the choice of how to tweak the game. That's part of what makes PC gaming so good.

I don't need to be given lesser visuals so I won't cry that I'm not getting a solid 60fps.

Smokey

It's goin down when I get home from work!

In the meantime, GTX 580 (1080p) owners what kind of FPS can I expect with these new DX11 effects + texture pack?

Metal-Geo

Haha, forced to play this game on 1920x1200 instead of 2560x1600 now.

Game is looking insanely amazing though. Just like Crysis 1, it's just fun walking around looking at all the effort the designers put into this game.

Corky

Come on man....Why can't I force SGSSAA? Doesn't dx11 support it somehow?

Baiano19 said:
Will wait for the inevitable Dennisk4 gifs... because that is the closest my PC will ever be in running Crysis 2.

Same here im working for a gaming rig right now 1/3 on my way because i got fucked by taxes. Or else i would have played this game already.

Hope Crysis 2 someday gets back on steam i want to keep everything under that client.

Top Bottom