• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight – Harley Quinn Story Pack DLC detailed and new Scarecrow image

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
original.jpg

“For the first time in the Arkham series take on the role of Joker’s psychotic side-kick Harley Quinn and wreak havoc inside the Blüdhaven Police Department. With this exclusive Story Pack experience events in the lead-up to Arkham Knight as you infiltrate Blüdhaven to rescue your partner in crime: Poison Ivy. Delve deep into Harley’s demented nature and utilize her devastating baseball bat to smash, crash and bash your way to a friend very much in need.” - via GamerCenterOnline

original-1.png

Please lock if old.

Wonder if its an actual campaign, or just a "challenge room campaign"

Hoping the integrate it like how they did catwoman; if you don't have it they story continues on, but if you do have it then it pops up in the story to flesh it out a little. Hopefully the Scarecrow PS4 missions will be the same...

Dominator

Its really strange that they raved about how the Arkham Knight was the big bad, but now the focus has shifted primarily to Scarecrow. I don't mind cause Scarecrow is cool in this universe, but its weird.

On a slightly related note; why is the artwork and CGI version of Harley so different looking from in game Harley? No one else from the rogues gallery have that discrepancy...

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Its really strange that they raved about how the Arkham Knight was the big bad, but now the focus has shifted primarily to Scarecrow. I don't mind cause Scarecrow is cool in this universe, but its weird.

I actually must have looked over that, that's very interesting indeed.

Hexa

Harley's costume has grown on me but her face still looks really weird sometimes.
Scarecrow is fucking boss as usual.

Astral Dog

So, what about the Scarecrow? do we expect him to be the main villain or is that Arkham Knight? i dont know much but its weird an old villain like him takes the spotlight over the new baby. maybe they work together?

zychi

Banned
So, what about the Scarecrow? do we expect him to be the main villain or is that Arkham Knight? i dont know much but its weird an old villain like him takes the spotlight over the new baby. maybe they work together?
Do you want answers to these questions? Because theyre huge spoilers

Mifec

Scarecrow is apparently the main villain even though the game is called Arkham Knight then again
lol arkham city

carlsojo

Based entirely on Arkham City's Catwoman DLC
where you also had to work with Ivy...
the length will be the same, though it won't be broken up as it was in City, instead it will be a short 2ish hour prologue. So yay for that?

carlsojo

Scarecrow is apparently the main villain even though the game is called Arkham Knight then again
lol arkham city

Hopefully they share and the final boss is
you fighting Arkham Knight in a Scarecrow hallucination arena. I will be pretty disappointed if the Scarecrow says some menacing stuff in the beginning, peaces out for the entire story, shows up and dies, and then the Arkham Knight takes off his helmet and IT'S THE FUCKING JOKER.

munchie64

Based entirely on Arkham City's Catwoman DLC
where you also had to work with Ivy...
the length will be the same, though it won't be broken up as it was in City, instead it will be a short 2ish hour prologue. So yay for that?
That'd be my first guess and I'd be happy with it.
I'm sure some will be glad if it's kinda pointless too.

erawsd

Oh I bet Scarecrow will get Strange treatment...

Which is sad since the Arkham Knight seems unbelievable lame.

Nanashrew

Banned

Spoiler

There's are multiple secret endings in Arkham Asylum and one with Scarecrow reaching his hand out of the water and grabbing the titan box.
There are also many references and easter eggs to Scarecrow throughout Arkham City. I kind of saw the whole thing coming with how much they hinted it.

squadr0n

This actually isn't true. Since they first started talking about this game, Scarecrow has always been the main villain. They only teased the Arkham Knight character at first and didn't talk about him till he was revealed in trailers. Scarecrow has always been the main bad, I'm pretty sure Arkham Knight will be an Azreal stand in or even Red Hood/Tim Drake post resurrection.

AdaWong

Its amazing how much of a role promotion Harley has gotten in the past couple of years. She's basically a main DC character now.

Sojgat

Hope it's just a challenge room campaign. I'd rather they didn't waste resources on this.

The work Rocksteady put into optional playable side characters in City was astonishing. I'm sure this one will be good too.

Their animations were fantastic, but to play they weren't as polished or responsive as Batman.

Bludhaven?

Nightwing cameo pls.

Edit: Also I don't think Catwoman DLC comparisons are a good basis--Catwoman DLC was basically to kill used game sales, Harley Quinn is just pre-order bonus stuff.

Hexa

This actually isn't true. Since they first started talking about this game, Scarecrow has always been the main villain. They only teased the Arkham Knight character at first and didn't talk about him till he was revealed in trailers. Scarecrow has always been the main bad, I'm pretty sure Arkham Knight will be an Azreal stand in or even Red Hood/Tim Drake post resurrection.

We already have both Red Hood and Azreal though.
I'm hoping they manage to pull off a completely unique character with some twist that blows everyone's mind. Rocksteady might just pull it off.

You've got your characters mixed up.

Sojgat

Nothing gets me more excited for a game than DLC content revealed months before the game is even out.

WB games are some of the worst for this, but at least they always seem to put out GOTY editions that collect everything.

Just wait for that, if you can. I wish I had the discipline to.

erawsd

So I guess this won't be with the preorder dlc? The Harley description says PS exclusive....

Harley DLC is for everyone. PS4 gets exclusive Scarecrow challenge map(s?).

Klossen said:
Nothing gets me more excited for a game than DLC content revealed months before the game is even out.

They actually announced this the exact same day the game was announced, so its much worst than that. This is the first time theyve detailed it.

Top Bottom