• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight – Harley Quinn Story Pack DLC detailed and new Scarecrow image

Hey look, another reason to buy the GOTY version for cheap in November instead.

Edit: So it's pre-order DLC? Weeeell fuck that too.

Hey look, another reason to buy the GOTY version for cheap in November instead.

icon4.gif

pretty much.

Why is nobody making a big deal out of the fact they have planned DLC already? Other titles less publicly liked get fucking trashed on for this shit

I believe this is pre-order day-one DLC, isn't it?

Like Catwoman from Arkham City.
Catwoman wasn't actually advertised as pre-order DLC or DLC at all until close to release. It was then revealed as an online pass and that caused a lot of controversy as well as the fact that a lot of copies of Arkham City launched without the Catwoman code which was even more bullshit.

So in that sense, theyre being better about the Harley DLC by being up front about it. Still pretty skeevy though.

GeoramA

That's pretty underwhelming, but expected I guess.

More interested in the Scarecrow Nightmare DLC, tbh. Loved that shit in Arkham Asylum.

Alienous

Catwoman wasn't actually advertised as pre-order DLC or DLC at all until close to release. It was then revealed as an online pass and that caused a lot of controversy as well as the fact that a lot of copies of Arkham City launched without the Catwoman code which was even more bullshit.

So in that sense, theyre being better about the Harley DLC by being up front about it. Still pretty skeevy though.

Exactly.

They've talking about this from basically the first trailer.

Looking forward to playing as Harley; I've always enjoyed the way they've altered the standard Batman controls for secondary characters. Hopefully Harley will have the big hammer as a special move.

Free pre-order DLC I don't mind too much. I pre-ordered Arkham Knight pretty much the first moment I could (for a grand total of $30, back when GMG let you use voucher codes and store credit in the same transaction), so I'm doing pretty well out of this whole deal :p

The Scarecrow DLC that they're apparently already planning on making you pay extra for is another story, though. Doesn't matter if it was made by a separate team who started working on it after the main game went gold; as a consumer it's not my job to care about that stuff. If it's ready on day one, I want it included in the $60 price. Anything else is always going to feel like I'm being ripped off. Of course, there's no word whether the Scarecrow stuff is actually day one DLC, so this complaining might all be for nothing.

I didn't like how the Catwoman DLC was handled before and during release, even if the content was great. This one being revealed from day 1 just like is the trend for so many AAA games is still weird to get around on. Is it too much to ask Warner Bros or other publishers to reveal the DLC closer to or a few days after release, going in the future? Like, NOBODY gets excited for day one DLC on the first time you announce the game. It ALWAYS feels weird.

UrbanRats

I didn't like how the Catwoman DLC was handled before and during release, even if the content was great. This one being revealed from day 1 just like is the trend for so many AAA games is still weird to get around on. Is it too much to ask Warner Bros or other publishers to reveal the DLC closer to or a few days after release, going in the future? Like, NOBODY gets excited for day one DLC on the first time you announce the game. It ALWAYS feels weird.

If that's how it's going to be in the end, i prefer knowing it before hand.
Who cares about "being excited"? That's their problem to deal with.
-
Anyway, Catwoman was the best part about Arkham City, her agile and fast combat style was much better than Batman's, so i guess i'll want to play as Harley too.

Sounds pretty pointless, but at least it's not a piece of content that's vitally important to the story.

So good on Rocksteady for not going that route...

HeelPower

Wonder if she can kill in the game ?

Was hoping for Harley to be the equivalent of Catwoman's(amazing) gameplay in Arkham City ,but I guess not.

Still upset Catwoman won't be playable in this game ,but oh well.

erawsd

Looking forward to playing as Harley; I've always enjoyed the way they've altered the standard Batman controls for secondary characters. Hopefully Harley will have the big hammer as a special move.

Free pre-order DLC I don't mind too much. I pre-ordered Arkham Knight pretty much the first moment I could (for a grand total of $30, back when GMG let you use voucher codes and store credit in the same transaction), so I'm doing pretty well out of this whole deal :p

The Scarecrow DLC that they're apparently already planning on making you pay extra for is another story, though. Doesn't matter if it was made by a separate team who started working on it after the main game went gold; as a consumer it's not my job to care about that stuff. If it's ready on day one, I want it included in the $60 price. Anything else is always going to feel like I'm being ripped off. Of course, there's no word whether the Scarecrow stuff is actually day one DLC, so this complaining might all be for nothing.

The ScaRecrow DLC is PS4 exclusive. You dont pay for it, sony already did.

Actually, there hasn't been any season pass announcement this is pre-order DLC, like Catwomen.

I'm still not fond of this practice though. What if I can't buy it until two weeks after release because that's when I get paid; is my sale of less value to the publisher than someone who pre-ordered from Amazon?

Forkball

Its really strange that they raved about how the Arkham Knight was the big bad, but now the focus has shifted primarily to Scarecrow. I don't mind cause Scarecrow is cool in this universe, but its weird.
Maybe Arkham Knight is just a Scarecrow hallucination.

delSai

Oh man I forgot all about that DLC. Is it still gamestop exclusive?

Basically, unless you are preordering the PS4 version from Gamestop you are missing out on something.
Still exclusive. Not even available or announced for germany yet. Guess i have to import!

Slayven

Its amazing how much of a role promotion Harley has gotten in the past couple of years. She's basically a main DC character now.

Now? Harley was a break out character the OG animated series, and had her own comic series off and on for years.

K-A-Deman

Its really strange that they raved about how the Arkham Knight was the big bad, but now the focus has shifted primarily to Scarecrow. I don't mind cause Scarecrow is cool in this universe, but its weird.

might be pre-mature, but calling this plot shenanigan now;

The Arkham Knight is a hallucination perpetuated by Scarecrow to feed on Batman's psychosis and distract him from Scarecrow's mass-Gotham plan. His army is funded by Penguin and other Rouges supplying manpower and AI-controlled weaponry in order to legitimize the threat. the AI is of course the Joker, who uploaded a copy of his brain into a computer so that he could forever torment his beloved Batsy and initially is under a mass of protocols to keep him subdued and focused on his mission; playing to Batman's weakness and flaws. Scarecrow is the real, tangible threat like Hugo Strange/Ra's al Gaul, while JOKeR is the personal threat to Batman.

...Of course, all that banks on the notion that no one else has seen the Knight in action minus Batman, and since I'm not too versed on the advertising for this game, it's incredibly likely that I'm way off the mark.

EDITS

Maybe Arkham Knight is just a Scarecrow hallucination.

...damnit, ninja'd by a fork...ball...goro.

Really dislike DLC announcements before games are out

How about DLC before the gameplay is shown? :D

I can't be the only person who didn't play as Catwoman until the very end, which made all of her story scenes play out completely out of context.

dex3108

I would recommend everyone to read Batman Arkham Knight comics. There are 5 digital issues available now and there will be more.

Nemesis_

Am I missing something or isn't it incredibly obvious that the Arkham Knight's true identity will be
.....Hush....
given how their sub-arc played out in Arkham City?

Top Bottom