• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screen and details for Batgirl's Arkham Knight DLC - "All in the Family"

well this sounds awesome, especially dat release date.

Hoping for Dick Greyson Robin, but not sure if that makes sense in the timeline.

curious how they'll map this costume to the more realistic looking harley in this game. Her being in the story for like 45 seconds was lame, even though I guess I understand why.

I'd rather them fix the PC version before releasing more content for it

dont get me wrong, I agree with this as well.

though I finished it last night. it wasn't ever acceptable with my hardware but it was at least playable enough, and I'd like to know when I can get the content I paid for (GMG had it super cheap)

Arkham Knight Harley Quinn is the best Harley Quinn! Only shitty version of Harley in the Arkham series was in Arkham Asylum.

I disagree

they're all shitty

Yeah, can we be honest with ourselves and admit that Harley is kind of a shitty character?

Her original portrayal in BTAS was fine but literally nobody has done her justice since then, and I'm including Injustice's battered mother or whatever.

Drayco21

Yeah, can we be honest with ourselves and admit that Harley is kind of a shitty character?

Her original portrayal in BTAS was fine but literally nobody has done her justice since then, and I'm including Injustice's battered mother or whatever.

You are calling down a storm on yourself, here.

And I'm 100% with you. She's a shit character that entirely revolves around another overplayed character I'm tired of seeing, and her current ongoing is the single worst book DC is putting out right now.

jackdoe

Considering the Arkham series shipped Tim x Babs
WHYYYYYYYYYY
, pretty likely it is him.
This was my biggest WTF of the game. I have no idea what they were thinking as there's absolutely no precedent, nothing officially written in any past comics to give Rocksteady the brilliant idea to ship this.

But yeah, it's practically guaranteed to be Tim.

Shaanyboi

Banned
7 bucks is either an amazing deal, or this is going to be incredibly undersized

Young Justice Batgirl was pretty decent. Not a main character by any means, but she was fine.

tumblr_m5gx8wlaoC1rumhvlo1_1280.jpg

I really hope The Joker falls off in popularity. Batman has so many other villains to use but Rocksteady just can't stop fapping to their Joker fetish.

MattyG

Banned
Based on what we learn in AK,
Joker shoots Barb when she's not in costume, and in fact doesn't even realize she's Batgirl at the time (although that could be a lie). So she can't get shot in the big boss battle or whatnot. It's possible that they'll throw in a cutscene of the attack after the end, but it seems like the attack should be pretty unrelated to the events in the DLC as described.
Oh yeah, that's what I meant. If they do reference/show it (which I'm almost positive they will, probably just the
scene from AK but longer and from Barb's perspective
), I think it'd be after a final boss battle or anything like that. That scene could be the
Knightfall Protocol
equivalent for All in the Family.

Trophies are up and this DLC and it has quite a few, this is looking like it may be a decent length, as some of the trophies involve collectables.

Can't wait to play this on my PC.

lmao

It does sound neat though. Not going to buy season pass until steam sale, they should be lucky at all if anyone gets the season pass instead of GOTY on PC at this point.

If we're arbitrarily excluding good and decent portrayals of a character, then the Joker is shitty too.

I kind of agree with the original point though. I liked her in TAS but her transition to comics didn't work very well (at least in every story where I've read her), nevermind games where she's essentially crazy tits.

nded

I don't think she is... Look at her other foot. The yellow part of the boot just gives that illusion.

It does kind of look like a raised heel though, what look like her ankles seem way too high compared to the bottom of the boot heel.

Google tells me these are called wedge boots.

Spoilers for Arkham Knight, don't read if you haven't beaten it

I believe that
the Robin in this is going to be Jason Todd. I don't think there is a Robin when Arkham Asylum takes place. I may be mistaken though. It would also be damn cool to see Todd, it would help flesh out the character more when it comes to Arkham Knight.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Spoilers for Arkham Knight, don't read if you haven't beaten it

I believe that
the Robin in this is going to be Jason Todd. I don't think there is a Robin when Arkham Asylum takes place. I may be mistaken though. It would also be damn cool to see Todd, it would help flesh out the character more when it comes to Arkham Knight.

Considering by Arkham City, he's already on his third Robin, and it's only a year after Asylum, wouldn't be surprised if it was Tim, but I'm still hoping it's Dick.

Considering by Arkham City, he's already on his third Robin, and it's only a year after Asylum, wouldn't be surprised if it was Tim, but I'm still hoping it's Dick.

It's possible Asylum takes place inbetween Robins though. I read on the Arkham forums that Joker makes a remark in Asylum about Batman needing a new sidekick, can't fact check it though. I'd rather it be anyone than Tim lol

Neff

I put cash down for the season pass, so I'm in regardless, come what may.

The others aren't nearly as fun or interesting. I'm happy that WB Games knows that.

Yeah, Joker's the only one who genuinely wants Batman in his life, because he gets a kick out of it, or at least most iterations of him do. The others -to varying degrees- don't. That makes Batman/Joker's relationship unique and forever interesting.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Her outfit looked way better in the concept art.

Pudge

I hope it's a few hours long, but considering the 10-15 minute "Arkham Stories" stuff they already have out there, I'm not going to bet on it.

Sounds awesome

I didn't realize it was only available for Season Pass holders on the 14th. Good to know.

I wanted to get the Season Pass for Red Hood, but ended up being able to get an extra code tonight since I'd pre-ordered. I didn't end up buying the game, though, so it was nice of them.

If we're arbitrarily excluding good and decent portrayals of a character, then the Joker is shitty too.

I'm not excluding it, I just said that. Looking at her entire existence, she's had one good portrayal at the very inception and nothing but absolute dreck since then. Everything else far outweighs a single TV show that's nearly twenty(!) years old.

You are calling down a storm on yourself, here.

GAF holds my wheelchair at the precipice, I look up and say "You don't scare me."

antitrop

I'm not excluding it, I just said that. Looking at her entire existence, she's had one good portrayal at the very inception and nothing but absolute dreck since then. Everything else far outweighs a single TV show that's nearly twenty(!) years old.
The Animated Series ENDED 20 years ago.

Mask of the Phantasm was 22 years ago. :(

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So excited for this and also by Batgirl's outfit. It's bar none the best superhero outfit I've ever seen on a woman. Her entire body is protected. And it looks fucking fantastic. Who ever designed this should stand up and take a bow. Amazing job.

So excited for this and also by Batgirl's outfit. It's bar none the best superhero outfit I've ever seen on a woman. Her entire body is protected. And it looks fucking fantastic. Who ever designed this should stand up and take a bow. Amazing job.

Yeah I don't get the criticisms of the AK bat suit designs, if there are better ones out there I can't think of them off of the top of my head right now. I always found it really weird that old Batman looked like he was using computers built into a suit made of spandex leather and foam. This makes way more sense.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Sounds too good to be true. EW sure has a way of making you feel excited (which is what gaming needs more of). It needs to be truthful for one, but I like this idea of more content and Easter eggs.

I have the season pass and I've enjoyed the costumes so far. Harley Quinn DLC is fun, but it feels like there's not a lot of leg room. I still have to finish it. I don't even want to ask about the Red Hood DLC. This seems very interesting as of now.

Neiteio

And for the first time in the Arkham series, Harley will be sporting her trademark black and red ensemble from Batman: The Animated Series.
FUUUUUUUUU—

Well, guess I'm buying the Season Pass

Neiteio

AHHHHHH the more I think about this the more I want them to announce Harley will be playable in the DLC Challenge Rooms and have her classic costume available AHHHHHH

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
After this we'll get another $7 episode, $6 worth of costumes, and $20 worth of Batmobile challenges. It will morph itself into a racing game by the time the GOTY version comes out.

No way it's Dick. He has no (in-game) history with Barbara. For dramatic purposes it's got to be Tim (romance) or Jason. Hoping for the latter because it would be far more interesting.

Same, but I don't expect them to use a different villain for the next Batman game.

In the 100% ending of Arkham Knight, Gordon is mayor and Tim and Barbara get married.

Goddammit, I shouldn't have clicked that, wouldn't have clicked that if I knew it was BAK ending related.

VanWinkle

Goddammit, I shouldn't have clicked that, wouldn't have clicked that if I knew it was BAK ending related.

Seriously. Ugh. Makes me so mad. Let us know what in the world you're spoiler tagging instead of randomly spoiling big events in the 100% ending. There's no way we could have known that his spoiler related to events in the 100% ending of the game.

Top Bottom