• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screen and details for Batgirl's Arkham Knight DLC - "All in the Family"

Simo

batgirl.jpg

Created by Arkham Origins’ developer WB Games Montreal, the DLC takes place in an entirely new area called the Seagate Amusement Park, a nautical theme park built on top of an oil rig that the Joker has rigged to be a massive death trap. “We wanted to recreate the feeling of being trapped in a bizarre and unique open environment playing a game of cat and mouse with the Joker,” says design producer Justin Vazquez.

The expansion incorporates Arkham Knight’s Dual Play system that allows the player to switch characters at the press of a button, and culminates in an epic tag-team throwdown between Batgirl and Robin and the Joker and Harley Quinn. “Seeing these four iconic characters together at the same time will be a real thrill,” Vazquez says. And for the first time in the Arkham series, Harley will be sporting her trademark black and red ensemble from Batman: The Animated Series.

The DLC features side quests, collectibles left behind by the Joker, and Easter eggs for hardcore DC Comics fans. “[It’s] a love letter to the original game that started this incredible franchise,” Vazquez says. “Batgirl: A Matter of Family” launches July 14 for Arkham Knight DLC ­season-pass holders (PS4 and Xbox One, $40), or it can be purchased separately on July 21 for $6.99.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/0...c?hootPostID=b63d95fd3f4c607e6c33443777a6628b

You can see a oil rig off in the harbor between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City...possibly the location for said DLC?

Katori

Huh, I liked the suit in its cameo appearance in the game, but this...huh.

Looking okay, I'd probably buy it if I could play the main game.

Krakn3Dfx

Bought the season pass on PC, hopefully they drop the PC version of this at the same time as the consoles, regardless of the issues with the base game they're having.

stephen08

And for the first time in the Arkham series,
Harley will be sporting her trademark black and red ensemble from Batman: The Animated Series.

WHAT

DLC HYPE REIGNITED

It sounds cool, but it seems like a lot of content for $7. I hope it delivers.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm sure they'll still find a way to get some batmobile sections into this.

Simo

There's no other villains besides ...Joker?

There's a riddle and case file in Arkham Knight that likely ties in to this.
It talks about Barbara as Batgirl having to rescue Commissioner Gordon who was taken hostage by The Joker.

Toki767

That's a pretty good value. Some Blazblue chars were 7$ on their own, ya?

Only curiosity is how long it is. The Harley Quinn and Red Hood DLC packs weren't exactly super long themselves. If this is like an hour or two it'd certainly be worth it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Harley in her classic outfit is cool. Curious to see how that translates ingame actually.

Shauni

Liking the news that we will finally see classic Harley.

You'll get some version of shitty Arkham Quinn and you'll like it.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, totally missed where it was confirmed. I thought people were just speculating based on it being in the past. Yes, that is good then. The classic suit trumps any of the Arkham or recent revisions by a good deal.

Klyka

Banned

You can see a oil rig off in the harbor between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City...possibly the location for said DLC?[/QUOTE]

That Oil Rig actually has a Ferris Wheel on it which already made me question if it was a reference to anything.

Now I know why it's there.

Kinyou

This sounds pretty good, but I think I'll wait and see what the other season pass content will look like. If it's all great, it would have been stupid to buy each dlc individually, and if it all sucks, it would have been stupid to buy the season pass.

Top Bottom