• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screen and details for Batgirl's Arkham Knight DLC - "All in the Family"

Carbonox

something something "everything was joker"

I like the idea of playing as Batgirl but I'm quite worn out on Joker now.

Who was robin in/before asylum?
It was probably Tim in Asylum, it's mentioned it was Jason up until some unknown time before that and Dick before.

The timeline isn't very clear and depends on how various events like
The Killing Joke or Death in the Family intertwine

I'm just not a fan of Tim's design in the Arkham series.

I had no idea WB Montreal was making this. Any reason as to why Rocksteady isn't taking charge of this games DLC? Not that I have a huge problem with it, just doesn't make sense to me.

So no hope of a Batbike?

YGLUiXb.gif

Vire

Hoping the length is significantly longer than the pre order shit... and of better quality.

Will wait for reviews, but I loved AK.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Seriously, people need to stop asking if this will be the same length as the preorder bonuses. It's absolutely positively abundantly clear it will be significantly more substantial.

MattyG

Banned
There's a riddle and case file in Arkham Knight that likely ties in to this.
It talks about Barbara as Batgirl having to rescue Commissioner Gordon who was taken hostage by The Joker.
So it's basically
The Killing Joke except with Batgirl in Batman's place and the paralysis coming at the end instead of the beginning
?

I can dig it.

PtM

Banned
This is set before Knight, and any of the other games except maybe Origins presumably. Barbara is, you know...walking and all.
Psh-yeah, could as well have been another new Batgirl I never heard about.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Luigi87

So it's basically
The Killing Joke except with Batgirl in Batman's place and the paralysis coming at the end instead of the beginning
?

I can dig it.

That would be a massive continuity plot hole for the Arkham series, considering we actually see the flashback of when that happens in AK.

This is set before Knight, and any of the other games except maybe Origins presumably. Barbara is, you know...walking and all.

Set before Asylum, at some point after Origins. Origins is ten years before Knight apparently
I think according to Deathstroke

MattyG

Banned
That would be a massive continuity plot hole for the Arkham series, considering we actually see the flashback of when that happens in AK.
I know we see it happen in AK, but this would obviously take place
before the attack.
I don't see how that would be a plot hole. The timeline would go
All in the Family > flashback we see in AK > AK
. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me to see them use that scene again as the finale of AITF.

MiguelItUp

I'm hoping this is a decent length, the Harley Quinn DLC was a LOT shorter than I thought it'd be. Guess I'll wait for some impressions before biting.

erawsd

Weird that Tim and Barbara are a couple.

Yeah, probably due to the way everyone has been aged up. It doesn't seem like Arkham Batman was taking in children. Comic Tim was like 10 when he joined Batman, Arkham Tim was college aged, so 18-22.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Please make Classic Harley a selectable skin for her!

$7 is surprisingly cheap. Wasn't this supposed to be the big story DLC of the game?

Ri'Orius

I know we see it happen in AK, but this would obviously take place
before the attack.
I don't see how that would be a plot hole. The timeline would go
All in the Family > flashback we see in AK > AK
. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me to see them use that scene again as the finale of AITF.

Based on what we learn in AK,
Joker shoots Barb when she's not in costume, and in fact doesn't even realize she's Batgirl at the time (although that could be a lie). So she can't get shot in the big boss battle or whatnot. It's possible that they'll throw in a cutscene of the attack after the end, but it seems like the attack should be pretty unrelated to the events in the DLC as described.

It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure Robin had a very minimal role, if a role at all, in Asylum.
I played through AA over the weekend - he isn't mentioned by name at all. But Joker does mention that Batman could use a new sidekick prior to the Bane fight, as if Robin was already dead.

So yeah.. I'd say there's a real possibility of the DLC Robin being
Jason

Drayco21

Just can't bring myself to give a shit about Barbara Gordon. Would have loved to see a Cass DLC focused on fighting Lady Shiva, or anything with Steph, instead of more Joker and Harley shit with the worst Batgirl.

Spoo

Sad PC user here. Held on to the game because I got a good deal on it (and have a PC with specs where it's *playable* even if it's atrocious). Thing is, I really like the game -- at something like 96% completion -- and I just want more. This looks good to me. I don't know a thing about Batgirl, honestly, so this could end being pretty fun for me.

Please Rocksteady, hurry with the next patch!

Top Bottom