• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screen and details for Batgirl's Arkham Knight DLC - "All in the Family"

Dysun

$7 makes me think this is quite short. Was hoping it would be similar to the Arkham Origins: Cold, Cold Heart DLC which was lengthy

Seriously. Ugh. Makes me so mad. Let us know what in the world you're spoiler tagging instead of randomly spoiling big events in the 100% ending. There's no way we could have known that his spoiler related to events in the 100% ending of the game.

It sucks that he didn't indicate what was behind the spoilers, but if it's any consolation, know that that stuff wasn't all the ending offered, at least.

i feel like i'm going to be spending more time than i like to admit just looking at Bab's character model.

$7 makes me think this is quite short. Was hoping it would be similar to the Arkham Origins: Cold, Cold Heart DLC which was lengthy

seven bucks? i thought ten. i dunno.

Toa TAK

Banned
Regardless of the dev and price, I'm still really excited for this DLC. I'm hearing a lot of neat things in that story.

Seriously. Ugh. Makes me so mad. Let us know what in the world you're spoiler tagging instead of randomly spoiling big events in the 100% ending. There's no way we could have known that his spoiler related to events in the 100% ending of the game.

My original post was much more salty but yeah, I wasn't expecting an ending spoiler, especially one for the 100% one. Thought it was going to cover outside the game material that might have covered similar ground.

female superheroes in wedged boots is the worst

dog, just let them wear normal fucking boots

I maintain that anybody who designs female characters in high heels/boots in action roles should have to wear the damn things first. Preferably for a good few weeks with prolonged athletic activity - and no blister padding.

Bayonetta is the exception, as we should all be so lucky to have gun-heels.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
"Created by Arkham Origins’ developer WB Games Montreal" Is all the DLC Created by their B Team ?
Arkham Origins was a better game than Arkham Knight on a fraction of the development time, so I dunno that 'B team' is the best descriptor.

Sober

$40 Season Pass makes me shit my pants, there's no way they could possibly deliver you 2/3 of a full, new game's content over 6 months of DLC.

Just screams "Wait for the GOTY Edition".

- a 2-2.5hour long story DLC (Batgirl)
- probably 2-3 hours of side quests (more villains, probably cut and paste quests)
- probably 2 hours more of Batfamily side quest content (don't expect too much if Harley/Red Hood are anything to go by)
- a bunch of racetracks and Batmobile paint jobs
- a bunch more of costumes
- challenge maps they removed from the series to repackage
Those are the 6 things they promised. 6-month long season pass support with monthly content drops. 6 line items. So there's no way there's any surprise DLC on the way.

Also:
- all preorder DLC costumes and mini stories (Harley, Red Hood) in the fall. too bad most people finished the game just as summer started.

that sound like it's worth 40$?

Especially compared to say, TW3's expansion pass which is supposed to be a total of 10+20 hours of story content for 25$

And going by Rocksteady vs. CDPR's post-release content, you know exactly who is going to actually deliver.

Lime

lol high-heeled boots

The concept art looked cooler, but we'll see how this translates into in-game on a PC. I hope they fix the PC version soon.

it's not injustice bad but they just cannot get the mask to look right

also the face looks completely different than her current face

oranges crew on this one has my expectations lowered for sure

I only paid 24 bucks for the game + season pass though so I dont feel as bad as I would if I had spent over 150 like some fuckin people

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Only curiosity is how long it is. The Harley Quinn and Red Hood DLC packs weren't exactly super long themselves. If this is like an hour or two it'd certainly be worth it.

How long was the Red Hood's DLC?

wrog

"Created by Arkham Origins’ developer WB Games Montreal" Is all the DLC Created by their B Team ?

Official press release:
The Batgirl: A Matter of Family add-on content was developed by WB Games Montréal and was created using the Batman: Arkham Knight engine built by Rocksteady Studios. The remaining Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass add-on content is under development by Rocksteady Studios.

Goose_7

Banned
Looking forward to this one. I got the season pass as soon as I played the first few minutes of Arkham Knight .

Oddly enough, I'm happy WB Montreal is taking the reigns on this one. When "A Matter of Family" was announced I thought this would be released later down the road, i.e. this was going to close out the six months of Batman DLC.

The fact that WB is starting with this DLC tells me that Rocksteady plans to close it out with some major story DLC content. It's wishful thinking but one can hope. Get some of those boss battles that we know Rocksteady can deliver.

Drayco21

Probably 20 minutes at the most. I only played the Harley Quinn one and I'm fairly certain they're about the same length

It's one combat room shorter than the Harley Quinn mission, so it's even shorter than that one. Whole experience is over in about 15 minutes.

It somehow manages to have less story than the Quinn mission too.

styl3s

I really hope The Joker falls off in popularity. Batman has so many other villains to use but Rocksteady just can't stop fapping to their Joker fetish.
The Joker is never not going to be popular because he is the last piece in the batman puzzles. He's the ying to Bat's yang, he's the peanut butter to bat's jelly.

Top Bottom