• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011-2012 TV Show Cancellation Thread - CSI Miami just got *takes off shades* canned

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Awake - Cancelled
Alcatraz - Cancelled

I have Awake piling up in my hulu que. It was kind of cool for an episode. If it gets a real end then I'll probably watch the rest.

Alcatraz ended on such a weird note. The mystery that was left wasn't enough to put me on the edge of my seat for another season, but
killing off the main character
made me wonder if they had a way of ending that show.

DieH@rd

Banned
What's the fate of Person of Interest?

Show is really rock solid, and wiki reports really high viewer numbers. Did they confirmed S2 already? I would be really pissed if Ben Linus and his personal Batman dont come back next season.

What's the fate of Person of Interest?

Show is really rock solid, and wiki reports really high viewer numbers. Did they confirmed S2 already? I would be really pissed if Ben Linus and his personal Batman dont come back next season.

Fantastic show, it's pulling in really good ratings and got renewed a few weeks ago.

I was very happy.

I may have to get into Nikita now. I didn't before because I thought it wasn't doing well and didn't want to be disappointed, but having three seasons under its belt is enough to be enjoyable and not feel like it got cut off too soon. Also may have to check out Happy Endings since I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it.

Community and Fringe were the two shows I was really worried about this season for renewal...glad to see they got renewed. Also glad on Person of Interest and Grimm (although those have been known for a while) as those were the only new shows this season I enjoyed. Well, and Awake but I never expected it to do well, sadly.

Snake

I'm not gonna cry over The Secret Circle but that brief "renewal" leaves a bitter taste, as it would with any show.

Tokubetsu

iD4HYJnOv5OF6.gif

Pretty much exactly how I feel to Nikita news.

Hobbun

I'm not gonna cry over The Secret Circle but that brief "renewal" leaves a bitter taste, as it would with any show.

That one hurt. I actually kind of liked the show, and I always expected it to be renewed as it has done relatively well (for CW ratings).

Where Awake was a much better show, TSC being canceled hurt more.

Tokubetsu

Yea, it's a bit surprising as well. It's very much the type of show CW likes to ride out for 5-6 years. CW in general is pretty good with their shows but I guess they just have too much on their plate/have a lot of faith in their new upcoming shows.

Novid

Banned
This pretty much guarantees Nikita will get a 22 episode 4th season for syndication.

I think Nikita may be the the most successful mid-level worldwide franchise. Best Selling Book, Anime Sold well for its time, the USA series was a bit of a guilty plesure, and now this remake.

jiggle

P&R!!!
<3 NBC lol

whitney/up all night are getting 13 or 22 episodes?
everyone in my house have something to be happy about i guess

Squalltdx

Coming home and reading that Nikita is renewed put a big smile on my face. Simply one of my favorite shows on TV right now. The Secret Circle also being renewed is a nice bonus, it hasn't been too bad so far.

Edit - lol, saw post earlier saying it was renewed while waiting for the link to load, sucks to hear. I have the final episode waiting on my DVR :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
YES to Nikita!! It's good to know that for once those arrogant posters @ TVBTN is wrong. They said flat out that an insider said it's dead yesterday. LOL, how embarrassing.

In terms of predictions, so far Nikita is the only show on any network they projected wrong this year (they gave Nikita a 40/45% chance of being renewed, it was renewed), so it pretty much speaks to the fact that whatever considerations are in play in the lengthy negotiation and scheduling process, in the end their model continues to get results.

That they got duped by the back-and-forth and backstage whispers associated with renewal season is pretty aside the point (look at literally any TV journo covering pilots or renewals and you'll hear "XYZ is red hot" "XYZ has cooled off" "XYZ is looking dead" "XYZ picked up" etc). I chuckled that they broke from their normal stance of not forwarding on gossip claims only to be wrong within a day.

Hobbun

Indeed. At least they got as far as finding guy.

Watched all 9 (?) episodes of this show and it was ok. Not too disappointed to see this go, and I have expected it for awhile.

I will say I have been pretty lucky with how many shows that I enjoy are returning. There are only four (at this time) that are not returning that I enjoyed watching. Although three of them I expected (Awake, Alcatraz and Ringer).

I really like Unforgettable as well, but I don't even think the hand of God could save that show.

I am also looking forward to cable's summer line up. Falling Skies, Haven, Alphas and the awesome Warehouse 13. (20 episodes, fuck yeah!)

ivysaur12

Banned
For those keeping score:

- Community: 13
- Parks & Recreation: 22
- Parenthood: 15
- Up All Night: 13
- Whitney: 13
- (new) Next Caller Please: 6

- Happy Endings: 22
- Modern Family: 22
- Suburgatory: 22
- Once Upon a Time: 22
- The Middle: 22
- Revenge: 22
- Castle: 22
- Grey's Anatomy: 22
- Scandal: (13)?
- Body of Proof: 13
- Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23: (13)?

- Nikita: 22
- Gossip Girl: 11
- Hart of Dixie: 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom