• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling (PS2 classic) coming to US PSN next week

Into

We can now confirm that it is Returns and obviously the english version:

PlayStation 2 Classic

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns – Japan’s most legendary wrestling series returns! The incredibly popular Fire Pro Wrestling series is famous for its unparalleled gameplay depth and unmatched customization options, and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is the biggest and best in the series yet. Having been widely imported for years by hardcore wrestling fans, this will be the first time that the North American audience will get to experience this amazing series in their native language on a home console.

Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/21/the-drop-week-of-april-22nd-2013-new-releases/

I am very happy now, just gotta figure out how to transfer saves around as i have a cool save with WCW, WWF, ECW, TNA, ALL JAPAN with even newer guys like The Shield, Ryback etc.

Zep

Banned
We can now confirm that it is Returns and obviously the english version:

Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/21/the-drop-week-of-april-22nd-2013-new-releases/

I am very happy now, just gotta figure out how to transfer saves around as i have a cool save with WCW, WWF, ECW, TNA, ALL JAPAN with even newer guys like The Shield, Ryback etc.

:O

Can you upload that for people here?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=54583618&postcount=17

^That post should work for people who download it tomorrow and wanna transfer saves?

I can't wait to play this game again, haven't touched it since I owned the 60gb PS3 many years ago. I can't recall, but hoping this has 16:9 support.

sn00zer

Im so confused by this game...I remmeber reading PSM years ago and they gave it a 9/10, which was pretty rare....Im looking at gameplay video and it just looks like a janky arcade game from the 90s...some please explain what makes this game so good

Into

:O

Can you upload that for people here?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=54583618&postcount=17

^That post should work for people who download it tomorrow and wanna transfer saves?

Absolutely, ill put it up when i get home.

My save is consisting of a lot of saves from fireproclub.com, you can download ton of saves, do not need to be registered there anymore and then copy certain wrestlers and ring logos, i got WWE, WWF Raw, ECW, TNA and Nitro rings i believe. I also designed some belts that sorta look like real life versions of actual belts.

I did not create any of it, i just compiled it into a save i like, also includes some fictional videogame wrestlers like Zangief, Wolf, that Rey mysterio guy from SF4 and even Bane from Batman, but mostly its all real wrestlers, no women and no MMA guys (except Brock) Also tons of Japanese wrestlers

Toki767

Im so confused by this game...I remmeber reading PSM years ago and they gave it a 9/10, which was pretty rare....Im looking at gameplay video and it just looks like a janky arcade game from the 90s...some please explain what makes this game so good

It's a timing based simulation wrestling game. It also has pretty much every popular wrestler at a time including ones from WWF and WCW, though they had to change their names.

C-Drive

Might be issues getting PS2 or former PS3 Backwards Compat saves (PSV) into the PS2 Classics format. I know there is a converter on some of the PS3 "scene" sites, but so far, one of the guys on fpwarena can't get it to recognize the converted FPR saves.

Here's to hoping all those saves don't have to be manually converted.

I use to have the sickest save file ever. I downloaded it from a guy on GameFaqs and it had every Attitude, WcW, ECW, MMA, 80's, AWA etc. Pretty much every character you cn ask for, even crappy modern era and TNA. My file got corrupted and could never find the file again. Feels bad man

beanman25

Been in Fire Pro mode because of this thread. Got sims running on both my PS3 and my desktop with pcsx 2!

so awesome.

Zep

Banned
Might be issues getting PS2 or former PS3 Backwards Compat saves (PSV) into the PS2 Classics format. I know there is a converter on some of the PS3 "scene" sites, but so far, one of the guys on fpwarena can't get it to recognize the converted FPR saves.

Here's to hoping all those saves don't have to be manually converted.

So, you're saying there's a chance that they might have to be rebuilt from scratch?

C-Drive

So, you're saying there's a chance that they might have to be rebuilt from scratch?

If no one can figure out how to transfer saves from original PS2 or PS3 .PSV's it's a possibility. One that would suck. I don't think it's an unsolvable question, but I don't think it'll be solved quickly, as it hasn't been figured out so far since the PS2 Classics started hitting PSN.

If no one can figure out how to transfer saves from original PS2 or PS3 .PSV's it's a possibility. One that would suck. I don't think it's an unsolvable question, but I don't think it'll be solved quickly, as it hasn't been figured out so far since the PS2 Classics started hitting PSN.

You can transfer original PS2 saves to the PS3 with the memory card converter. I have the 60gig PS3 though, not sure if it works on the new ones though.

C-Drive

You can transfer original PS2 saves to the PS3 with the memory card converter. I have the 60gig PS3 though, not sure if it works on the new ones though.

That option does not work for PS2 Classic PSN releases, only original backwards compatible PS3s. That's the .PSV format I mentioned in my previous post.

Exr

Oh my god, fantastic news. Cant wait to rename everyone again and have Fedor run for the Japanese womans wrestling belt.

Sephzilla

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/fire-pro-wrestling-returns/cid=UP9000-NPUD21702_00-0000000000000000

This title has been converted from the original PlayStation®2 version to the PS3™ system. Consequently, there may be times where the title plays differently from the PlayStation®2 version, or where some features may not function properly. This version does not support PlayStation®2 peripherals, therefore functionalities such as multiplayer, versus, and co-op modes are not available.

What?

iiicon

this is pretty tempting. i haven't played the ps2 version in a couple years because my action replay max was scratched beyond repair and i didn't have another way of transferring saves. if there are a few compatible saves up for this version, I just might bite...

hlhbk

So how exactly would we get the PS2 saves that have all the custom wrestlers on PS3? Is there a master save file with all the wrestlers and a guide to move that save to your ps3?

Just bought Fire Pro. I think I might try my hand at creating my own absurd wrestling fed and leave the awesome real life edit packs for the PS2 version.

So excited. Buy this game people! It's real good!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Not buying this until it is confirmed we can use the saves from the ps2 on ps3. Anyone have any progress?

I can confirm it. Took a bunch of frustration, but I was able to get my PS2 save working on the PS3 version. I used "Virtual Memory Card Tools v4" to convert it.

EDIT: Hold on. Testing one other thing out. May be an issue here, not sure.

I bought this about an hour ago and the download froze around 85%

I redownloaded it and now it's stuck at 79%

This has never happened before. WTF's going on?

Never mind, background download fixed the problem

hlhbk

I can confirm it. Took a bunch of frustration, but I was able to get my PS2 save working on the PS3 version. I used "Virtual Memory Card Tools v4" to convert it.

If you can confirm it works can you post step by step how to do it? Also is there an all in one save available with all wrestlers from all federations available?

Wow, this game is fn unruly! Only managed to play 6 matches - and lost every one of them lol. That was on the default difficulty, setting it down to 2 I was able to remain competitive. Seriously had more fun playing this than WWE 13.

Is there an instruction manual, FAQ, control listing out there anywhere?

If you can confirm it works can you post step by step how to do it? Also is there an all in one save available with all wrestlers from all federations available?

I would also love a step by step process on how to insert PS2 saves of the game into the PS3. I'm just waiting on that before I buy FPWR.

Zep

Banned

Seraphis Cain confirmed on fpwarena that the process I linked there worked for him. I found the process through a search for "Virtual Memory Card Tools v4" in Google.

Good to hear.

Top Bottom