• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

gcubed

I have a nexus 1. I'm jumping on it unless it shits in your hand when you use it. Literally defecates in your hand

Circle T

Dammit!! That is TWICE today that I kept refreshing the normal OT, wondering about hte lack of action, not thinking to look for an event OT. OK, in here now.

TeegsD

What are the chances that this phone will be on Sprint relatively soon? I need a new phone cause my Epic 4g isn't cutting it for me anymore.

Keyouta

I have a Blackberry Tour, so my plan is to upgrade to the Nexus, despite whether it may not "wow" in anything other than the screen. Let's see what the conference brings!

rabhw

gcubed said:
I have a nexus 1. I'm jumping on it unless it shits in your hand when you use it. Literally defecates in your hand

LOL. Exact same feelings here. I'm so tired of this buggy fucking touchscreen N1. I'd take anything at this point.

Blackhead

Redarse
Emily Chu said:
If I can get ICS on OG Droid X I probably wouldn't even bother with the phone as well.

you can keep your banana phone Samsung.
I didn't care about the phone until the 4.7" 'retina' display was leaked. I'm a pixel density enthusiast and can't wait to get that in my hands. That said, ICS will determine if i keep it as my main phone or just as something to look at (like the iPhone 4S). If Matias Duarte fails me, I'll have to go WP7.

JoeFu

Banned
rabhw said:
LOL. Exact same feelings here. I'm so tired of this buggy fucking touchscreen N1. I'd take anything at this point.

N1 here also I used to never have any problems with my touch screen until like 3 weeks ago. I can't type "ok" without wanting to slam the phone in the ground.

ukas

Emily Chu said:
hyped not delivering ? idk was this hyped up to the high heavens and they delayed the thing over and over again...

is a droid X faster then an incredible ? which is what I have

I have no faith in battery life

I have to set to 300 mhz when the screen turns off to last 24hrs

I think so but, not by a whole lot. My room mate has a DroidX as well and will be getting the Nexus. Mostly because he's tired of the buggy mess the DroidX is. He's actually on his second because of spazzed out hardware.

Fox318

Jayayess1190 said:
Because everyone else probably has better phones than you lol and this is not as big an upgrade. I have an Incredible but I am not upgrading yet, but my brother says he is getting this phone so I am jelly.
I'm coming from a Droid 1 and I'm not pumped...

nib95

Banned
Fox318 said:
I'm coming from a Droid 1 and I'm not pumped...

iPhone 4 here and based on what I'm reading I feel it's less of an upgrade compared to the elite Android competition than the 4S was to the 4. Utter fail on Google's part. To think, I ridiculed and criticised Apple for doing what potentially Google may end up doing an even worse version of. Smh.

zedge

nib95 said:
iPhone 4 here and based on what I'm reading I feel it's less of an upgrade compared to the elite Android competition than the 4S was to the 4. Utter fail on Google's part. To think, I ridiculed and criticised Apple for doing what potentially Google may end up doing an even worse version of. Smh.

I don't know about that, the screen alone is a big leap. Not to mention the whole new version of Android. I think our expectations about processors, ram etc are getting a bit ridiculous to be honest. Do we want to play Battle Field 3 on our phones? Just my humble opinion.

Emily Chu

Banned
ukas said:
I think so but, not by a whole lot. My room mate has a DroidX as well and will be getting the Nexus. Mostly because he's tired of the buggy mess the DroidX is. He's actually on his second because of spazzed out hardware.

omg sometimes 2-3 times a day the phone HARD LOCKS and freezes and resets itself : (

fuck that shit I would get the banana phone if it doesn't do that anymore.

and playing flash on this phone is sometimes sluggish

Flash is not meant for single core CPUs

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So whats up with this ethereal soundtrack. I am floating through the gates of heaven towards a new phone.

nib95

Banned
zedge said:
I don't know about that, the screen alone is a big leap. Not to mention the whole new version of Android. I think our expectations about processors, ram etc are getting a bit ridiculous to be honest. Just my humble opinion.

But the 4S also moved to iOS5. Yea sure a lot of the features were already in Android, but then again you could also say that the main feature of Android 4, hardware acceleration, was also already a part of iOS4 and iOS5.

Another big but this time HD screen. Big whoop. Should have been HD ages ago. Don't even understand why you'd up screen size but not resolution in the first place. Seems counter intuitive.

Paznos

nib95 said:
Except Google didn't wait 16+ months to do it, and I think it's more about Android 4.0 than it is about the Galaxy Nexus, just like last year the Nexus S was just a stock Galaxy S with a curve, I think peoples expectations were way to high this time.

nib95

Banned
Paznos said:
Except Google didn't wait 16+ months to do it, and I think it's more about Android 4.0 than it is about the Galaxy Nexus.

Well, it's certainly quite a shabby and un-ambitious way to finally reveal it (since the initial product it releases with is also a statement in itself). If they would have revealed with a bang they could have really keyed in on those who were let down by the 4S's upgrade and capitalised on a potential new market of users. Instead I feel like they're potentially giving it away again.

Anyway, will wait for the actual conference before making any final judgements.

JoeFu

Banned
Figured it out... If you're using cosmic panda it won't show up on the site, you'll have to go to the old youtube

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lol at all of the Droid brand phone complaints. As a previous owner of the original Droid, I feel you guys. What a piece of shit. I could never quite tell if the problems were mostly due to the Android software or Motorola's hardware. I had friends with LG, Samsung, and HTC phones who also had problems, but none of them seemed as severe as the ones I had with the Droid.

teiresias

I see no live stream when I go to youtube.com/android am I going to the wrong place?

All I see is a "Calling All Ice Cream Sandwich Lovers" video.

WTF, the stream loads fine in IE, but not in Chrome - total fail Google - likely just some foreshadowing for this conference.

Top Bottom