• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
brotkasten said:
Can we change the thread title now?
Was gonna wait until the event is over and everything is concrete.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
OriginalThinking said:
Actually on second viewing it doesn't take photo's instantly. Touch to focus wasn't in stock android before right? I can't remember.
It was pretty damn quick though.. Yeah, touch to focus is not in my Gingerbread rom.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
OK, the OP is done until after the announcement. I only linked to two liveblogs, but unless ars or wired are doing some I don't intend to add anymore.

brotkasten said:
*PUT TO 480p*

That should rotate vid

Best YT tip ever.
Doesnt work for me. :[

Husker86

Jtwo said:
It was pretty damn quick though.. Yeah, touch to focus is not in my Gingerbread rom.

Ew. After all your stories I'm almost scared of stock Android...HTC must have really added a bunch of goodies (only manufacturer I've had for Android thus far).

brotkasten said:
The camera seems to be worse, so it's more like Galaxy S 1.9.

Depends on the lens. Never judge a camera on megapixels alone. A 5 megapixel camera with an amazing lens can still take better shots than 8. Still, struck me as odd.

Jtwo said:
OK, the OP is done until after the announcement. I only linked to two liveblogs, but unless ars or wired are doing some I don't intend to add anymore.

"these photos are not confirmed real"

Whaaat? That one with the white background was hosted on the Samsung site. There's no curved screen. Would you give up already?

Totakeke

The video is boring, just someone playing around with the phone and going through screens, nothing missed really.

Aren't they all?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
brotkasten said:
"these photos are not confirmed real"

Whaaat? That one with the white background was hosted on the Samsung site. There's no curved screen. Would you give up already?
bahahahah.. I put that disclaimer up before I edited out the fake picture with the real one.
Thanks, BRO.

fixed!

wario

things i noticed from the video:

-the bottom nav bar doesn't move when in landscape mode. only the buttons rotate 90 degress. it'll be interesting to see if tabets are like this since honeycomb had the entire bar rotate with the screen.

-the camera app uses the entire screen with the nav bar disappearing. to exit the app, the user touched the bezel and went back one screen.

-keyboard looks new

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children

kehs

Banned
Now I'm just interested in the new stuff for ICS, I hope they add some apis and not just fold the HC stuff over and call it a day.

Styles

I wonder why they didn't clock the cpu to 1.5ghz. The only thing I'm amazed with so far regarding the hardware is the HD screen.

Emily Chu

Banned
Vect said:
I wonder why they didn't clock the cpu to 1.5ghz. The only thing I'm amazed with so far regarding the hardware is the HD screen.

true dat, if it wasn't 720p @ 4.7" not a single fuck would be given

Emily Chu

Banned
ukas said:
I don't get all the negativity. I'm coming from an Incredible and I'm damn pumped.

hyped not delivering ? idk was this hyped up to the high heavens and they delayed the thing over and over again...

is a droid X faster then an incredible ? which is what I have

I have no faith in battery life

I have to set to 300 mhz when the screen turns off to last 24hrs

ukas said:
I don't get all the negativity. I'm coming from an Incredible and I'm damn pumped.
Because everyone else probably has better phones than you lol and this is not as big an upgrade. I have an Incredible but I am not upgrading yet, but my brother says he is getting this phone so I am jelly.

Top Bottom