• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So is Engadget not doing a liveblog? I can't find their link, I was gonna finish off that section in the OP.

rabhw

Guys do you think it's a Bold 9900? Can a few more people chime in, I just wanna confirm that it is a Bold 9900.

SORRY I DON'T KEEP UP TO DATE ON SHITTY IRRELEVANT HARDWARE DEVICES ;__;

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I've never even held a blackberry phone in my hand, but based on what I heard on gaf, I'd say that's a 9900. Not to be mistaken for a 9800 or 9950.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dunlop said:
: (

I actually prefer the standard buttons on Android phones vs the complete touchscreen input in IOS
"standard" buttons still play a role in the OS. Only now they're software. The screen is 1280x720p and the bottom 60px or so are dedicated to always showing the familiar back, menu, home buttons. General consensus is that this was one of the best solutions to fix the problem of manufacturers always placing the buttons differently. Hopefully there will be some cool context sensitive features going on since they ARE software after all..

rozay

Banned
Jtwo said:
"standard" buttons still play a role in the OS. Only now they're software. The screen is 1280x720p and the bottom 60px or so are dedicated to always showing the familiar back, menu, home buttons. General consensus is that this was one of the best solutions to fix the problem of manufacturers always placing the buttons differently. Hopefully there will be some cool context sensitive features going on since they ARE software after all..
How will developers be able to implement context sensitive features when phones without software buttons can't take advantage of them?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
rozay said:
How will developers be able to implement context sensitive features when phones without software buttons can't take advantage of them?
I have no idea. I hadn't really thought that one out. Though, I guess I was thinking it would be more on Google's end for the OS. Not on a per-app basis. It probably won't happen. But I could see some interesting uses.

Cipherr

Raistlin said:
Wait ... the Prime has a concave screen?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice way to hop on the form over function bandwagon.

This thread is gonna be sooooo trolled during this conference isnt it..

rabhw

I hope Google allocates a bunch of servers for the live stream. Google I/O streams are always great, hopefully this one stays buffer-free.

Jtwo said:
man even Google placed the buttons differently!

kinggroin

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
I wonder if they'll finally add transitions when you go from portrait to landscape and stuff.

They have to. Hell, even Motorola added that in to their gingerbread supported smartphones.

Husker86

-Pyromaniac- said:
I wonder if they'll finally add transitions when you go from portrait to landscape and stuff.

HTC has those on some of their phones, I would think it'd be added...I'm not far from my Galaxy Tab but I can't remember if they were in HC or not.

gcubed

Husker86 said:
HTC has those on some of their phones, I would think it'd be added...I'm not far from my Galaxy Tab but I can't remember if they were in HC or not.
It does in honeycomb and the leaked videos showed it as well

gcubed

-Pyromaniac- said:
I'm on my phone so hopefully someone can post it for you. Surprised jtwo doesn't have it in op. It showed the camera app rotating

Edit ... well that doesn't appear to be new, but honeycomb does have transitons so it should be there

a176

Banned
nib95 said:
small_hands.jpg

holy fuck long thumb is LONG

I suspect they will primarily demo ICS on the Nexus, but they will also show it on the Xoom.

I'm eager to see how different the tablet version is from Honeycomb -- or if it will just pack a few cosmetic differences.

Jeff-DSA

I just realized that in two hours I'm going to dinner with some out of town friends. I'll be happy to see them, but do you think they'll care if I stream the conference on my phone at the dinner table?

I wouldn't, but I won't be here, AndroGAF.

kehs

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
I just realized that in two hours I'm going to dinner with some out of town friends. I'll be happy to see them, but do you think they'll care if I stream the conference on my phone at the dinner table?

I wouldn't, but I won't be here, AndroGAF.

The entirety of the presentation will be up available on youtube after it, enjoy your friends.

SimleuqiR

"androidsis: Recordad que esta noche a las 4 am hora española dará comienzo en evento de Google para presentar el Nexus Prime e Ice Cream Sandwich"
--http://twitter.com/androidsis/status/126369123780407297

Damn! You Spaniards have it tough.

Leonsito

SimleuqiR said:
"androidsis: Recordad que esta noche a las 4 am hora española dará comienzo en evento de Google para presentar el Nexus Prime e Ice Cream Sandwich"
--http://twitter.com/androidsis/status/126369123780407297

Damn! You Spaniards have it tough.

Yeah, off to bed, will get up at 7am and see the phone and the GAF reactions.

Zeppu

yep, 00:00 here and it's on in 4 hours.

Fuck this shit I'm off to bed. I'm not gonna stay up to be disappointed.

Futureman

seriously... what hasn't leaked yet? I feel like we know so much about the Nexus Prime and ICS at this point so the event won't be that exciting really.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Copernicus said:
Jtwo's getting an iPhone 4S, what do we do with him?
Oh shsh, no I'm not. My buddy just let me play with his though and it was mighty impressive. Though it drove home what I don't like about ios.

Locked to camera, snapped a pic and back to lock in 4 seconds. I timed myself.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck OT! You gonna join in on the google hangout?

Zeppu

| - |OT| The Nexus Prime - Samsung/Google Event LIVE from Hong Kong Reply to Thread

No, doesn't have the same feel.

kehs

Banned
josephdebono said:
| - |OT| The Nexus Prime - Samsung/Google Event LIVE from Hong Kong Reply to Thread

No, doesn't have the same feel.

Thought you were sleeping dude.

---

That back looks bland as hell, as least the Nexus S was Glossy.

rabhw

Well, the picture of the back of the device from the German ad is real. The Samsung logo on the front isn't though.

Top Bottom