• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

iavi

Just got the 4.04 OTA here too! Late as hell, but better than never - to look at in a glass-half-full manner.

Every time someone updates the thread talking about how they got it I go check my phone and then get bummed when I still see "Your system is currently up to date" on 4.0.2. :(

4.0.4.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
GSM dudes: What's the best value extended battery? NFC is something I'd like.

When I got my phone in December, I setup my hotmail account with Exchange no problem, it was set to push and I never had an issue. Recently I tried to check the mail manually and it said "could not connect to server" and I noticed it used 600mb of data in a 4 days.

So I disabled it until my data usage was reset and I still cant connect anymore. I tried deleting and reinputting my account but to no avail.

Anyway, does anyone else have a problem with hotmail, and if it no longer works what app should I use for hotmail?

kehs

Banned
When I got my phone in December, I setup my hotmail account with Exchange no problem, it was set to push and I never had an issue. Recently I tried to check the mail manually and it said "could not connect to server" and I noticed it used 600mb of data in a 4 days.

So I disabled it until my data usage was reset and I still cant connect anymore. I tried deleting and reinputting my account but to no avail.

Anyway, does anyone else have a problem with hotmail, and if it no longer works what app should I use for hotmail?

Have you tried clearing the data for the application?

I should note that will erase every account/data inside the email app.

Dash27

My Nexus died.

I was playing a tower game, it froze on me and made a horrible sound. Nexus was unresponsive, just frozen on the game screen making the noise, wouldn't shut off with the power button so I removed the battery. Now it's not working. I tried battery in and out. Tried holding the power and volume at the same time, nothing. The PC did recognize it initially so it's not a brick, probably just corrupted? but now I cant get the PC to see it again.

Any suggestions? I tried having my PC look for new hardware but didnt detect it.

My Nexus died.

I was playing a tower game, it froze on me and made a horrible sound. Nexus was unresponsive, just frozen on the game screen making the noise, wouldn't shut off with the power button so I removed the battery. Now it's not working. I tried battery in and out. Tried holding the power and volume at the same time, nothing. The PC did recognize it initially so it's not a brick, probably just corrupted? but now I cant get the PC to see it again.

Any suggestions? I tried having my PC look for new hardware but didnt detect it.
manufacturer warranty!

So much for the wonders of 4.0.4. I can't download anything from the Play Store since. I get error 921. :(

Tried clearing the play store and download manager caches

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So much for the wonders of 4.0.4. I can't download anything from the Play Store since. I get error 921. :(

Applications - Market - Clear whatever stuff you can clear. Try it again.

DarkFlow

Banned
So I got a otterbox defender for $27 off Amazon today. Wanted a commuter but none were prime shipping so I went with the defender. Anyone have one with a GSM model and 2000 mAh battery, I want to know how well it will fit .

reKon

Banned
Just rooted and move on to AOKP M5... feels good.

So what can I do with my new powers to improve this things battery life.

flash lean kernel 3.8.0 and use it for a few days

use wifi when possible with than the mobile network

don't set your brightness too high

So I got a otterbox defender for $27 off Amazon today. Wanteid a commuter but none were prime shipping so I went with the defender. Anyone have one with a GSM model and 2000 mAh battery, I want to know how well it will fit .
Was wondering the same for a LTE with extended battery

3phemeral

Just rooted and move on to AOKP M5... feels good.

So what can I do with my new powers to improve this things battery life.
I've never tried lean kernel, but Franco.Kernel has its own app on market where you have easy kernel control and can update from stable/nightly. You have full control over each core and have various modes that'll adjust based on use like music, balanced, power save, full-power. Easily the most accessible kernel features I've ever used, and battery life for idle is amazing. I've had my phone on 8% and let it run over night -- 11 hours later it was at 4%. This is with lazy scaling and "on demand" power mode.

Have you tried clearing the data for the application?

I should note that will erase every account/data inside the email app.

I thought this worked but when I enter the app, my msgs are old and I cant send mail or receive mail actually. If I add another email it works and connects to server fine but now that I try readding my defualt mail it says "cannot find server" once again. Any ideas?

Got it! Feels a tad snappier, but the keyboard feels like its multi touch ability has been toned down a bit. We'll see after playing with it more.

Wait ...
It auto corrects on GAF now! Holy shit!

HeySeuss

Just woke up to the OTA update for Verizon. Damn between this and Nintendos e3 conference, this day is shaping up nicely!

And auto correct for Gaf is a nice touch.

somato

I've never tried lean kernel, but Franco.Kernel has its own app on market where you have easy kernel control and can update from stable/nightly. You have full control over each core and have various modes that'll adjust based on use like music, balanced, power save, full-power. Easily the most accessible kernel features I've ever used, and battery life for idle is amazing. I've had my phone on 8% and let it run over night -- 11 hours later it was at 4%. This is with lazy scaling and "on demand" power mode.

That app has support for Imo's Lean Kernel as well now. It's pretty great and I like it better than SetCPU or any of the other similar apps.

Top Bottom