• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

kehs

Banned
Yup, there's an led API that was introduced in froyo with the N1.

Shame more companies don't put multi colored leds.

gcubed

Thanks! It seems the app developers have access eh. I notice fb messages flash blue, everything else is white.

there are a few programs that change colors, i think yahoo flashes purple. Not sure what else... not enough people take advantage of it. LightFlow is nice

Cudder

I guess the Android Gods were angry about my last comment in this thread..

Photo_on_2012_06_14_at_15_44_2.jpg

gcubed

I guess the Android Gods were angry about my last comment in this thread..

[IM1G]http://s10.postimage.org/nn677pxix/Photo_on_2012_06_14_at_15_44_2.jpg[/IMG]

how the hell did you do that with a bumper on?

I did the same exact thing to mine a few months ago, but i had nothing on it

Blackhead

Redarse
Hey guys, I've just joined the Nexus (and Android) club. Sure this has been asked before, but the thread is long and I didn't see anything in the OP relating to it so...

Sim is in, phone is charged - what are the first things I must do once I power it up? Any recommendations for settings, apps etc.?

Thanks!
http://www.tested.com/news/feature/...new-galaxy-nexus-owner-should-do-immediately/

http://www.tested.com/news/feature/...m-on-your-new-android-phone-updated-for-2012/

kehs

Banned
I totally forgot about forcing gpu accelaration since yahoo would crash with it on, maybe it'll get rid of the little bit of lag I encounter sometimes.

Cudder

how the hell did you do that with a bumper on?

I did the same exact thing to mine a few months ago, but i had nothing on it

Just fell from about waist height onto a tiled floor in my house. Fell flat on the screen. For what it's worth the bumper that was on it was a cheap 5$ piece of shit.

Looking to get it repaired soon, anything I need to watch out for when I go about this?

Just fell from about waist height onto a tiled floor in my house. Fell flat on the screen. For what it's worth the bumper that was on it was a cheap 5$ piece of shit.

Looking to get it repaired soon, anything I need to watch out for when I go about this?

I am beginning to appreciate my Otterbox more and more.

thespot84

I totally forgot about forcing gpu accelaration since yahoo would crash with it on, maybe it'll get rid of the little bit of lag I encounter sometimes.

oh yeah mine's been turned off for some time too. I was going to wipe here soon after the 4.0.4 update but this may save me the trouble.

The launcher is already hardware accelerated though right? That's where it seems to be the slowest....

kinggroin

Banned
I've dropped my phone onto tile a couple times sans bumper. Only some wear on the plastic, no breaks in the glass. Must be lucky I guess.

rozay

Banned
oh yeah mine's been turned off for some time too. I was going to wipe here soon after the 4.0.4 update but this may save me the trouble.

The launcher is already hardware accelerated though right? That's where it seems to be the slowest....
if you're experiencing slowdown in the launcher and you're on a custom rom, find a way to disable the softkey animations

kehs

Banned

Yea, I think the launcher is already accelerated.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Seriously, no one wants to buy my LTE GNEX? It's like new in box. I need to get rid of it soon. Looking for around $300.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Seriously, no one wants to buy my LTE GNEX? It's like new in box. I need to get rid of it soon. Looking for around $300.

If I buy it, how would I transfer it onto my current plan? I'm actually looking to get one for my father soon. How used is it?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If I buy it, how would I transfer it onto my current plan? I'm actually looking to get one for my father soon. How used is it?
You just call Verizon. It's in 9/10, possibly 10/10 condition, with all box and accessories included. I have an extended battery to go with it, too.
What're you replacing it with? SGSIII?
Galaxy Note. Only because I'm moving to Europe.

Bboy AJ

What do I tell them? How do I pay you, Paypal? Can you do next day shipping?

Why not the Google Play GNex?
You can probably activate it online. It's LTE so you'll need a SIM card. Better to call them and find out instead of asking me, heh.

I'd prefer Amazon payments but I'll take a Paypal gift payment.

I can ship it on Monday. If you're willing to pay for next day, I can ship it at that rate.

I figured I'd try something different, that's all. I may change phones if I can't deal with the Note.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You can probably activate it online. It's LTE so you'll need a SIM card. Better to call them and find out instead of asking me, heh.

I'd prefer Amazon payments but I'll take a Paypal gift payment.

I can ship it on Monday. If you're willing to pay for next day, I can ship it at that rate.

I figured I'd try something different, that's all. I may change phones if I can't deal with the Note.

You really can't send it tomorrow? :( Would be a father's day present.

I can do Amazon Payments too.

Bboy AJ

You really can't send it tomorrow? :( Would be a father's day present.

I can do Amazon Payments too.
Nope, sorry. I don't have anything but the phone on me right now. I wouldn't have the box. Plus I'm flying tomorrow and I need a phone until then.

Let me know what you think. This phone needs to go.

SimleuqiR

Nope, sorry. I don't have anything but the phone on me right now. I wouldn't have the box. Plus I'm flying tomorrow and I need a phone until then.

Let me know what you think. This phone needs to go.

Galaxy Note?

Check this out:

http://www.androidcentral.com/carphone-warehouse-offering-free-galaxy-note-£21-contract-week

The Samsung Galaxy Note is one of the surprise Android success stories of the past six months. And now British retailer the Carphone Warehouse is offering the device for free on a surprisingly reasonable £21 per month, 24-month service plan. In addition to a free Galaxy Note, the deal gets you 100 minutes, unlimited texts and 750MB on T-Mobile UK, which is a pretty competitive package for the UK market. Carphone says the deal will be available to new customers online and in-store for the next seven days.

Bboy AJ

UK :(

I think I will go for it, sorry. :( If only because it includes an extended battery, right AJ?

Yup. Extended battery plus all original stuff. I can ship it tomorrow. I'll throw up pics tomorrow if you like. I'll only have until 12 PM EST to ship, though. Just PM me if you're willing and we can figure it out. I'd like to know ASAP so I can tell Verizon to cut the line.

FYI, the boot loader is unlocked.

kinggroin

Banned
I remember last Christmas, the morning of, how much I paraded my then newish Galaxy Nexus around to everyone. I especially stressed how awesome the camera was feature wise (not to mention the rather useless instant shutter).

That night when the family gathered for a photo by the Christmas tree, I was asked to take a picture using my fancy pants phone. My heart immediately began to palpitate and I quickly answered, "....can't, the battery died. New toy, used it a lot today".

No way in hell was I going to show just how shitty my new toy's camera actually was. Thankfully, my sister had her canon with her....

I remember last Christmas, the morning of, how much I paraded my then newish Galaxy Nexus around to everyone. I especially stressed how awesome the camera was feature wise (not to mention the rather useless instant shutter).

That night when the family gathered for a photo by the Christmas tree, I was asked to take a picture using my fancy pants phone. My heart immediately began to palpitate and I quickly answered, "....can't, the battery died. New toy, used it a lot today".
This
No way in hell was I going to show just how shitty my new toy's camera actually was. Thankfully, my sister had her canon with her....

I've been there. When I'm told to take pictures for someone that isn't there I always 'forget'. It really sucks because other than the camera I love showing off this phone.

Cudder

Does anyone have any experience ordering from Expansys? They seem to have the cheapest Galaxy Nexus available to me online, but some of the posts on their forums have people complaining that they received opened/used phones from their orders..wtf?

Bboy AJ

Does anyone have any experience ordering from Expansys? They seem to have the cheapest Galaxy Nexus available to me online, but some of the posts on their forums have people complaining that they received opened/used phones from their orders..wtf?
What are you looking for? I have a brand new in box gsm model. It's the one I ordered awhile ago but haven't had a chance to return it. PM me if you're interested.

Cudder

Do white Galaxy Nexus phones only come in NON-yakju?

Doing a bit of shopping around the web and heard that mentioned somewhere. It's really hard shopping for a new GNex because it's impossible to tell if the unit is Yakju or not.

Does anyone have any tips on where to buy one online?

kehs

Banned
Is the faceplate on the white Galaxy Nexus white or black?

http://i1.expansys.com/img/b/228182/google-samsung-galaxy-nexus-i9250-white.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3_E30bl7PYQ/Ty-8Mbzml5I/AAAAAAAAC7U/1xtQsG3HeGA/s1600/Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-white.jpg[IMG]

I'm hoping the first..[/QUOTE]

The latter.

Top Bottom