• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
x-Lundz-x said:
4.65"?

I mean this is getting out of hand for phone screen sizes.

That is one badass looking phone though.
the screen is big, but the actual phone is around the size of a typical 4.3" phone due to it not having capacitive buttons at the bottom

Doopliss

If the screen is any bigger than 3.5" (optimal size) I will be massively disappointed. The size issue is a very real problem. Proof for the skeptics:

ddyfpy.jpg

giga

The Faceless Master said:
the screen is big, but the actual phone is around the size of a typical 4.3" phone due to it not having capacitive buttons at the bottom
There's still lots of space at the bottom. Falls more in line with 4.5" phones.

Nexus (4.65"): 136.0 x 68.0 x 8.8 mm with 11.5 mm at its thickest part
Infuse 4G (4.5"): 132 x 71 x 9 mm
HTC Titan (4.7"): 131.5mm x 70.7mm x 9.9mm

Infuse4G161.jpg

(Joanna's hand)

I'm going to start the Giants Association for Large Phones.

Screw you, pencil fingers! :3

edit: Here's a 3.5 inch device in my hands...

swcKV.jpg

andycapps

Doopliss said:
If the screen is any bigger than 3.5" (optimal size) I will be massively disappointed. The size issue is a very real problem. Proof for the skeptics:

ddyfpy.jpg

Why would you have your other fingers wrapping halfway across the screen like how it shows on the right side of the picture? They should be right at the edge of it on the back. If he held it correctly, the thumb would reach just fine.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
josephdebono said:
How reliable is that DoCoMo snapshot? Cause that just put me in a bit of a mild depression.

Seems legit enough, they already leaked it on twitter:

docomo.jpg

We're still a few hours away from Samsung and Google's Ice Cream Sandwich event, but Japan's NTT DoCoMo has already jumped the gun on one of Sammy's most anticipated announcements -- the Nexus Prime. Today, the provider confirmed that it'll be "among the fastest" to bring the new handset to market, adding that the Nexus Prime will be on sale in November. Unfortunately, the company didn't get any more specific with regard to release dates, price or specs, but we'll be sure to bring you the latest as soon as we get it. And, as always, you can follow the event in real-time, on our liveblog.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/japans-ntt-docomo-announces-samsungs-nexus-prime-ahead-of-ice/

andycapps said:
Why would you have your other hands wrapping halfway across the screen like how it shows on the right side of the picture? They should be right at the edge of it on the back. If he held it correctly, the thumb would reach just fine.
obvious troll pic is obvious... look a what app they're on in the market

Doopliss said:

Who the hell holds a phone like that?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Ugh, my main phone (galaxy S) got a fucked screen + broken touch today. If this is good this'll be my next main. Here's to hoping it gets released quickly in Europe

Doopliss said:

ddyfpy.jpg
Hahaha. The hell?

Doopliss said:

http://i51.tinypic.com/ddyfpy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm not frequently in the habit of only using the tip segment of my thumb to operate touch screens, so I should be perfectly fine. In fact I know I am, because I've used 4.3" screens and my thumb comfortably extends across the phone's width.

Zeppu

DrFunk said:
Seems legit enough, they already leaked it on twitter:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/10/docomo.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/japans-ntt-docomo-announces-samsungs-nexus-prime-ahead-of-ice/[/url][/QUOTE]

Boo. :(

Styles

So the gpu's power will roughly be half(or a bit more) of the iphone 4s'? Since one's dual-core and the other is not.

If so a bit disappointing. :p

gcubed

Vect said:
So the gpu's power will roughly be half(or a bit more) of the iphone 4s'? Since one's dual-core and the other is not.

If so a bit disappointing. :p

maybe half. definitely not the "bit more" part. Its the main part lacking. More retina then retina, better camera, worse gpu

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yeah I'm pretty sure he isn't being serious with that graphic. The app is Moron test for god's sake.

SimleuqiR

DrFunk said:

We still don't have "DAT ASS" shots of this thing >_>

Also, I will repeat myself...I hate the name Galaxy Nexus!! And I hate Samsung for imposing their shitty names on to the Nexus line of phones!!!

rabhw

I'm a little disappointed that it seems less banana-like than those mockups would have led us to believe. That said, it still looks hot, STICK IT IN MY VEIIIIIIIINS. Also, 4.7" wow, not even 4.65 anymore.

Doopliss

SimleuqiR said:
We still don't have "DAT ASS" shots of this thing >_>

Also, I will repeat myself...I hate the name Galaxy Nexus!! And I hate Samsung for imposing their shitty names on to the Nexus line of phones!!!
This basically confirms the rumour that there is a second screen on the back.

kehs

Banned
Doopliss said:

ddyfpy.jpg

/copernicus approved

Also I just held the Nexus S again, you people are insane thinking this phone is too big.

I'm still convinced they're gonna unveil the sexy curvy open Prime right next to that poser tonight.

Zapages

Doopliss said:

ddyfpy.jpg

Wow that is not how I hold the phone. Even if I did, I could still reach everything with ease.

For example here:

8x6ias.jpg

and

2roiz4h.jpg

SimleuqiR

Zapages said:
Wow that is not how I hold the phone. Even if I did, I could still reach everything with ease.

For example here:

http://i53.tinypic.com/8x6ias.jpg[IMG]

and

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2roiz4h.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/244099_o.gif

AVclub

Doopliss said:

ddyfpy.jpg
Real problem for dainty handed sissy boys! This is how a man can hold a 4.5" Epic 4G Touch:
TU2ZB.jpg

Zapages

J Tourettes said:
If the leaked images and specs are to be believed, I'm happy enough with my GS2 for the time being.

my sentiments as well. It'll be nice to have a vanilla os. But I am happy right now. :)

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Someone at XDA posted the specs from the prototype version a couple of days ago, and they line up:

Specifications Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Model: GT-I9250, GT-I9250T, GT-I9250M, SC-04D, SCH-I515
dimensions (length x width x thickness): 136.0 × 68.0 × 8.8 fine piece - 11.5 thickest part
Weight: Approximately 135.0 (g)
Chipset: Texas Instruments Omap4460 CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 MP Core SMP (Dual-Core) CPU operating frequency: 1.2 GHz
GPU Image Technologies PowerVR SGX 540
Communication Systems (GT-I9250/GT-I9250M/GT-I9250M/SC-04D): W-CDMA, GSM phone (SCH-I515): LTE, CDMA2000 Packet (GT-I9250/GT-I9250M / GT-I9250M/SC -04D): HSPA, EDGE, GPRS (SCH-I515): LTE, EV-DO Rev.
Display: AMOLED HD: 4.65 inches Resolution 720 x1280. Maximum number of simultaneous colors Main Display: 16,777,216 color touch screen: capacitive (multi-touch),
Main camera: 5 megapixel CMOS camera with LED flash Video recording 1080pHD (1920 * 1080)
Front camera: 1.3 million pixels CMOS
GPS
NFC
Micro USB 2.0
Communications Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
Wireless LAN Communication: IEEE 802.11 a / ​​b / g / n (2.4 GHz Dual-Band 5.xGHz)
Tethering
Wi-Fi Direct
RAM: 1GB
ROM: 16/32GB:
Battery Capacity: 1750mAh
Notification LED

J Tourettes said:
If the leaked images and specs are to be believed, I'm happy enough with my GS2 for the time being.

well my main issue is the size, it won't fit in pockets.

I'm using htc desire now, pretty much anything is a massive upgrade (except the screen size).

Top Bottom