• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Omiee

i dont know if its been answered yet, but can i expect this android update to come to my sensation Xe this year?

i would really like the new update because i love honeycomb on my girlfriends tablet.
this looks a lot like it

andycapps

I'm not getting the Nexus Prime anyway. I'm more interested in ICS and to see where the manufacturers go with hardware after it. They'll start with the Nexus Prime specs and bump them up from there. Yeah, it's vanilla, but I'm rooting anyway and putting custom ROM's on whatever I get, regardless.

Zeppu

Maybe there's a galaxy nexus and a nexus prime?

With the nexus prime being something modern?

Not many straws to clutch to but dammit I'm trying.

Angst said:
t1318989600z1.png

Can't wait, shame it's in the middle of the night, EU time :/

Yeah. No way am I staying up till 3 in the morning to watch it, but logging into gaf tomorrow morning and coming into this thread, will be like either watching a train wreck, or a megaton, in slow motion.

kehs

Banned
So that docomo render....has silver around the connectors and black on the back, but the teaser has black around the connectors and silver on the back.

/one more straw

gcubed

Technosteve said:
Wait it's not nexus prime? Galaxy nexus looks like the nexus s in that picture. Moto razor is nexus prime?

nexus prime was the codename, galaxy nexus is the shit name we are left with

gcubed

josephdebono said:
We're definitely gonna need a Disappointment |OT| of overhyping old hardware.

you are already posting in that thread. We also have another one to post in currently for more then just this phone.

There is also one premade for next march. Its the Iphone 4s thread.

andycapps

josephdebono said:
We're definitely gonna need a Disappointment |OT| of overhyping old hardware.

Well whatever happens tonight, guaranteed people will be upset because we tend to hope for too much. Also, we can't have nice things.

Zeppu

True. :(

Still deserves a separate OT I think.

andycapps said:
Well whatever happens tonight, guaranteed people will be upset because we tend to hope for too much. Also, we can't have nice things.

To be fair, I don't think it's very unreasonable, for Google's flagship device to have some sort of new hardware. It's Google's device FFS. They own the world.

Zeppu

Is this a sign that Google is now uncool and that everything it touches is reduced to dust? Is there anything which can fill the void in my soul now? What will I replace my outdated HTC Hero with? Am I being over dramatic? Why am I asking all these rhetorical questions? What colour is the sky where you live?

Pctx

Banned
josephdebono said:
Is this a sign that Google is now uncool and that everything it touches is reduced to dust? Is there anything which can fill the void in my soul now? What will I replace my outdated HTC Hero with? Am I being over dramatic? Why am I asking all these rhetorical questions? What colour is the sky where you live?
If the prime is less than what the Galaxy S2 is... then I think that is my next phone just for grins and giggles.

Pyrokai

josephdebono said:

iphone lol jk

Emily Chu

Banned
josephdebono said:

wait a fucking minute did I miss something here ?

droid x owner here on custom stock ginger

The Nexus doesn't have enough dots checked for my liking. Of course I don't know what they all mean but...

I don't know what the release dates are on those other phones so perhaps I will just get the Nexus and ride with that for a year. That 4.7 inch screen is probably going to be gorgeous.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So the choice is between a high res screen (Nexus) or a good camera (s2)? I don't know why Google would de emphasize camera when it's always at the top of what consumers want and the rival has made it a point of pride for a while now.

The screen is going to be ridiculously awesome at least, but unless there are surprises, it'll be two straight disappointing conferences. Three in a row next week when Nokia unveils an n9 with Windows phone as their flagship for this year.

Top Bottom