• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HCS Pro League Summer 2017

Chittagong

Gold Member
The game deserves better. I think Halo 5 is actually the most fun to watch and most fun to play competitive Halo ever, and the professional players have played in some of the most intense and exciting matches in H5. But damn if the production problems aren't awful and totally shitty for the game.

It also sucks that people have seemed to just kind of give up on Halo in general, probably a large part due to H4 and MCC's reception. Which I can't really blame them to be honest.

It does suck though, because I think H5 is brilliant, and I want nothing but the best for it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Opened Twitch for some sweet Halo time, got wtf time instead. Shame, as I agree that Halo 5 MP is phenomenal to watch and play.

How long has the stream even been down anyway? I'm watching Rocket League now because their operation is going smoothly.

This could seriously nuke the whole weekend for Halo.

Anyone involved with Halo who actually cares about it as a competitive game/esport/whatever should be livid about this kind of stuff. If I were a player, especially one of the guys who wasn't on a big team, I would be so damn mad.

Embarrassing, and the fact that all the other games are going is telling. I was looking forward to watching some decent Halo tonight, but meh whatever.

GKnight

Banned
Does NV have a chance this season or is Optic walking to easy victory like last time? Havent watched since the disappointing finish last season.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Does NV have a chance this season or is Optic walking to easy victory like last time? Havent watched since the disappointing finish last season.

NV won last seasons finals (not worlds however). Liquid has upped their game too. Should be a four way fight between Optic, NV, Liquid and Splyce.

belushy

Banned
There is a lot of decent talent out there I'm seeing so far from these AM teams. The stream has been nice and smooth since its been back up. You can tell they have limited internet because the quality is a little underwhelming. Hopefully the issues are fixed for tomorrow.

So the stream being down for hours sucked, but at least the stream has been mostly smooth since.

This last match between eRa and Wise is a going to be good. Wise just came back down 2-0 in Truth CTF by getting 2 flags with ~45 seconds to go to force OT, then score a third flag. Pretty hype and hope its a good indicator of how the rest of the weekend will go.

belushy

Banned
Was hoping for Wise to win the matchup against Era. Some boneheaded plays for sure. Hoping they can make it into pro league with Oxygen Supremacy.

Yeah I too was hoping Wise would win last night, but at least it was an interesting series. Shame about how the last 10 kills went for Wise in that Coliseum Slayer game 5 went.

Should be some good games today, and I too hope the stream goes off without any major issues.

belushy

Banned
Im at work, but day 2 begins now! Str8 Rippin versus Oxygen Supremacy to start off. I think that means Era will face Ronin, I dont know for sure though.

Finaj

Questions:

1. Does ESL handle the eSports for any other major games?

2. Have those other games had problems too?

Loxley

I always have to give credit to the commentators when they are suddenly asked to fill dead air and improvise on the spot while shit like this gets sorted out.

For those that were wondering about the earbuds...

ycY8hPj.png

Why earbuds you ask? Here's the absolutely idiotic reason:

wvstZCH.png

Just tuned in, that was brutal...is ESL really that bad at hosting these Halo tournaments? No wonder this shit is on the downfall.

Don't see these problems in the gears scene on MLG, what gives?

belushy

Banned
eRa beat both Oxygen Supremacy and Ronin in the Losers Bracket (off stream.....) and play Liquid tomorrow.

Evil Geniuses beat Luminosity in their loser bracket match and will face EnvyUs tomorrow.

Here is the bracket since alot of games were played off stream. http://challonge.com/686uae13

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty surprised to see Era and EG in the top 6. Going to be some exciting matches.

Edit: pretty funny Ogre2 was retweeting all the people shit talking EG after picking up Tapping Buttons

The last few minutes of that Plaza Slayer was so intense and a great example of why H5 is such a great competitive game. Was legitimately shaking, I could just feel the intensity through the screen.

Wonder how the Losers Bracket is going to shakeout now. Should be really interesting run now.

Top Bottom