• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HS Wrestler refuses to hit a Girl, forfeits match

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiff

Banned
Bungalow Bob said:
They do exist but they're as rare as shiny pokemon (because there are so few guys who are around 4'9"). Just check out the post above yours for an example from a GAFer.
I don't think that one good 103 pounder out of a school of 200 is a bad rate at all.

aeiko

Banned
girlbeerlegsweep.gif

Shiggie

Dresden said:
Stop being a condescending ass.

And the fact is that this chick beat down all these dudes to get to where she was. It's simple. She competed. She won. Everything else is just spin.
Yep. End fucking thread.

Draft said:
Not for nothing, but Rip pulled those charts out of PP rev 2 for numerous reasons, one being they get dragged into ridiculous arguments like this.
He didn't pull them for this reason; Rip most definitely agrees that the average 114 pound male athlete dominates the average 114 pound female athlete. He pulled them mainly because so many foolish people were changing their programming just because they reached the strength of the average athlete of the next level even though they could've advanced much faster by sticking to their program until they stalled like the book says.

Draft

Bungalow Bob said:
He didn't pull them for this reason; Rip most definitely agrees that the average 114 pound male athlete dominates the average 114 pound female athlete. He pulled them mainly because so many foolish people were changing their programming just because they reached the strength of the average athlete of the next level even though they could've advanced much faster by sticking to their program until they stalled like the book says.
Of course he would. Men dominate women. You don't need a chart for that.

Draft said:
You wouldn't think so, but there sure are a lot of GAFers who strongly disagree due to what I'd imagine is a combination of ignorance and just believing the sexes are equal because they wish it were so.

Dresden

Bungalow Bob said:
You wouldn't think so, but there sure are a lot of GAFers who strongly disagree due to what I'd imagine is a combination of ignorance and just believing the sexes are equal because they wish it were so.
You completely missed the point.

Men on average will be stronger.

But this particular girl managed to complete on equal footing.

That's all.

Dresden said:
You completely missed the point.

Men on average will be stronger.

But this particular girl managed to complete on equal footing.

That's all.
Are you trying to argue just for the sake of arguing? We agree on this.

Dan Yo

Banned
aeiko said:
if a girl hit me, i'd smack her the fuck back. they are for equal rights after all aren't they? oh and that wrestler kid is a little bitch for not wrestling.
You would be ostracized for doing so. Just ask Chris Brown.

Dan Yo

Banned
Big-E said:
WTF are you arguing? People here are saying that women can compete at these weight classes easily but you go on about how males have such a huge advantage that it isn't fair. Evidence is given that women at these classes can compete and one girl even won it all and now you say that all boys at this level are pip squeaks and weak. Of course they are weak and small, they are 112 fucking pounds and thus women at this weight can easily compete in strength, speed and technique. You are not making any sense at all.
It doesn't matter how small the guys are. All things being equal, the guys will still be significantly stronger. Do you think that any woman that weighs as much as you do is automatically comparable to you strength-wise?

As a sophomore in high school I weighed about 130 pounds, but was able to bench press 315. There was not a single 130 pound sophomore girl that could ever hope to come even close to being that strong. There are probably just a handful of women worldwide at any weight that can put up that.

Men are just plain built differently from women. It doesn't matter if they're both small, or both in the same weight class. The guys are going to have significantly more muscle density.

Dan Yo

Banned
ZephyrFate said:
oh i forgot all women shatter like glass if you hit them
Well he definitely went overboard with the retaliation, but the fact that she started getting physical never really enters into a discussion about Chris Brown. Everyone just agrees the guy was scum for treating a woman the same way he would treat any man that hit him.

Dan Yo said:
Well he definitely went overboard with the retaliation, but the fact that she started getting physical never really enters into a discussion about Chris Brown. Everyone just agrees the guy was scum for treating a woman the same way he would treat any man that hit him.
So... the genders should never be equivalent on any level, then?

Shanadeus

Banned
Dan Yo said:
He used excessive force on a smaller and weaker person.
It'd be morally wrong regardless of that smaller and weaker person being a man or a woman.

Blackface

Banned
Draft said:

She beat the shit out of 20 other men to get to that point. Then the guy magically said he didn't want to "hit a girl"

No, he was afraid she was going to destroy him.

Blackface said:
She beat the shit out of 20 other men to get to that point. Then the guy magically said he didn't want to "hit a girl"

You're not getting it, apparently even if a woman is strong it's STILL NOT ENOUGH TO EVER DEFEAT A MAN

despite the fact that she had defeated men in her weight class before

Dan Yo said:
It doesn't matter how small the guys are. All things being equal, the guys will still be significantly stronger. Do you think that any woman that weighs as much as you do is automatically comparable to you strength-wise?

As a sophomore in high school I weighed about 130 pounds, but was able to bench press 315. There was not a single 130 pound sophomore girl that could ever hope to come even close to being that strong. There are probably just a handful of women worldwide at any weight that can put up that.

Men are just plain built differently from women. It doesn't matter if they're both small, or both in the same weight class. The guys are going to have significantly more muscle density.
I gotta call bullshit here. I think you should've exaggerated a little less lol.

Kalnos

Banned
Why are his beliefs dismissed? He's a home-schooled Christian son of a minister, he's most likely very passionate about his beliefs. Sure, he could of used them as a cop-out and it's very likely that he did, but it's still funny that everyone assumes that he was 'scared' of losing to her. He's the only one who knows what his reason is, and he's only a 14 year old kid.

In the end, the choice doesn't effect anyone but himself, she got to go on and compete and he had his choice to sit out. Dude was 35-4 anyway, he would of destroyed her, just as she was beaten twice and promptly knocked out of the tournament right afterwards.

Dan Yo

Banned
Bungalow Bob said:
I gotta call bullshit here. I think you should've exaggerated a little less lol.
I wasn't exaggerating. I was also predominantly an endurance trainer. If I had only trained for strength I'd have likely been able to put up more.

Dan Yo said:
I wasn't exaggerating. I was also predominantly an endurance trainer. If I had only trained for strength I'd have likely been able to put up more.
How tall were you at the time? What was your strength training programming and history, in a nut shell? It's just that if you make extraordinary claims, you've got to provide some evidence if you want people to even consider believing you.

Dan Yo said:
Let this serve as a lesson to the bullshitters of this forum. If you're going to exaggerate, keep it realistic. Don't, for example, do what this jabroni did and claim to have been an endurance athlete who was stronger than the strongest American powerlifter ever in his age and weight category.

Oh, and Dan, although the girls "couldn't ever hope to come even close to being that strong", I bet they could lie about it just as convincingly as you.

Dresden

Bungalow Bob said:
Let this serve as a lesson to the bullshitters of this forum. If you're going to exaggerate, keep it realistic. Don't, for example, do what this jabroni did and claim to have been an endurance athlete who was stronger than the strongest American powerlifter ever in his age and weight category.

Oh, and Dan, although the girls couldn't ever hope to come even close to being that strong, I bet they could lie just as convincingly as you.
Ouch.

I miss the smileys.

Draft

Blackface said:

Boys. She beat the shit out of 20 boys.

JayDubya

Banned
It's his prerogative to yield, it's our prerogative to consider it rude, but as long as the advantage is presumed to be in favor of the male athlete, then the female athlete trying to compete at a disadvantage should not be discouraged.

Put simply, she wants you to "hit" her, and that matters.

Bungalow Bob said:

Oh, and Dan, although the girls couldn't ever hope to come even close to being that strong, I bet they could lie just as convincingly as you.

Antarctic burn.

Dude Abides

Banned
Bungalow Bob said:

Fucking owned.

Neki

Bungalow Bob said:

Maybe he misremembered the exact number.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Devolution said:
Also when you say "look at history" you're effectively talking about a very small pool of women to begin with, just so you know. Women are still trying to catch up in so many ways in sports, you might want to get some perspective on that.
Lets not go overboard. The 'repression' of women athletes is not the reason that they are out performed by men in strength and speed based sports. Equality is only a concept, it doesn't alter genetics.

Why is it a problem if the guy is playing field hockey if there are no men's teams? What is he supposed to do if he wants to play field hockey? Just like this girl in wrestling... there's only so much competition out there.

Blackface said:
She beat the shit out of 20 other men to get to that point.

Not that it really changes anything, but how do we know she "beat the shit out of" 20 guys? I know her record says 20 wins, but are we seriously saying that none of those were close-fought matches? That none of them were ones where she came away saying "whew, got lucky with that one, but I'll take the win!"

Bleepey

Rikyfree said:
When I wrestled, one of my teammates went against a female wrestler. She was fit and insanely hawt. They went at it, he won. I kid you not, some of you joke about getting a boner wrestling a girl for competition, but he walked off the mat with a raging hardon. It was hilarious.

Who was laughing more the girl or the guys?

Satyamdas

Banned
ZephyrFate said:
oh man, you men have it so rough by not being able to play field hockey oh me oh my
Wow, of all the people I would not expect to be cool with discrimination. So discrimination and exclusion are OK as long as your sensibilities aren't offended by it, huh? That's awesome.

Satyamdas said:
Wow, of all the people I would not expect to be cool with discrimination. So discrimination and exclusion are OK as long as your sensibilities aren't offended by it, huh? That's awesome.
I'm sorry, since when is it discrimination that a group of people who generally can get/do everything suddenly can't do one thing?

White man's burden, heterosexual complaining, men have it so rough, etc.

These are all facile and childish reasons to have an issue.

eznark said:
Roughly as rough as a girl who some other kids won't wrestle.
im pretty sure these two things are not equivalent. You can try as you might to make it so, but you can't. One is being a flat out pussy, the other is just some incredibly minute shame, of the most picayune nature, consumed in minutiae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom